Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 01:16 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,592,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Everyone knows that anti-Semite means against Jews.
Arabs are Semites, and you have just as much disdain for them as you claim others have for Jewish people. You desperately need self-awareness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 01:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,530,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Arabs are Semites, and you have just as much disdain for them as you claim others have for Jewish people. You desperately need self-awareness.
Personal attack, and people who do wordplay with “Semite” in trying to confuse the meaning of antisemitism reveal their underlying resentment toward Jews. It’s a gaslighting technique.

My resentment is to HAMAS terrorists, and the people who elect them. Are YOU an antisemitic Arab yourself?

Again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Old 06-11-2021, 01:19 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,611,045 times
Quote:
I don’t want to link to threads with the antisemitic scumbags posting, and bring it any more attention. Let’s just say that any thread on Israel that has posters making remarks about Jews’ character or negative remarks about their religion is antisemitic.
You have taken the position of: "Israel, right or wrong".

That is an uncaring, non-humanist, insular viewpoint, and does nothing to help humanity work together, no matter what the religion, race or nationality is.

Your insistent anti-Palestinian viewpoints makes you as racist as you are accusing others of being. You just can't accept that being opposed to what Israel is doing has nothing to do with being anti-Jewish, and everything to do with blindly supporting human rights violations and violence against a people.

Sort of like pogroms, but in reverse.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Personal attack, and people who do wordplay with “Semite” in trying to confuse the meaning of antisemitism reveal their underlying resentment toward Jews. It’s a gaslighting technique.
No, it reveals that I know the meaning of the word Semite. I know the word is mostly used in the context of European/Jewish interactions, so using it in the context of an Arab/Jewish conflict is quite disingenuous.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You have taken the position of: "Israel, right or wrong".

That is an uncaring, non-humanist, insular viewpoint, and does nothing to help humanity work together, no matter what the religion, race or nationality is.

Your insistent anti-Palestinian viewpoints makes you as racist as you are accusing others of being. You just can't accept that being opposed to what Israel is doing has nothing to do with being anti-Jewish, and everything to do with blindly supporting human rights violations and violence against a people.

Sort of like pogroms, but in reverse.
OK, now that you’ve called me inhumane and uncaring, simply because I won’t side with the Hamas-led Palestinians, I’m done. I’m sure there will be other pro-Israel posters around later that you can insult.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
No, it reveals that I know the meaning of the word Semite. I know the word is mostly used in the context of European/Jewish interactions, so using it in the context of an Arab/Jewish conflict is quite disingenuous.
I linked to the definition twice. What you’re doing is classic gaslighting, and quite revealing.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I linked to the definition twice. What you’re doing is classic gaslighting, and quite revealing.
I’m not anti-Jewish. You’re anti-Arab.

Is this how arguing with you works?

Old 06-11-2021, 01:30 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,487,024 times
Quote:
They’ve been all over the place. Don’t pretend you haven’t seen them. They were particularly plentiful, with lots of antisemitic comments, last month.
I haven't seen them ... sorry.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:52 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,105,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It does not follow.

A quick reminder to you: you are promoting a myth.

The nationality or ethnic group is not defined by the state. You are trying to claim that they do not exist as a people, yet there they are. They are more true to their ancient origins than most modern nationalities can claim. That their attempts to become self-governing in their own modern state have been frustrated is not an indication that they do not exist as a people.

Kurds are another example. These people exist. You can not pretend they don't for your convenience.
What myth? You are the one promoting a myth. The 'Palestinian' nationality as folks refer to today was coined by Yasser Arafat after the six days' war. The term 'Palestinian' wasn't used between 1947 and 1967.

The Kurds have been called the Kurds for hundreds of years.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:55 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,105,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Israel has many time cut off access to food and medicine to entering the Gaza strip. Whose in the wrong?
Egypt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies