Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 12:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Then why do posters keep conflating the Jewish religion with the state of Israel? ...
I don't know why you do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 12:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
It the very fact that we have multiple people starting anti-Israel threads...
Could you link to some?

I probably missed them.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Could you link to some?

I probably missed them.
They’ve been all over the place. Don’t pretend you haven’t seen them. They were particularly plentiful, with lots of antisemitic comments, last month.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't know why you do it.
Because I agree with the posters who say you can’t separate the two. The posters starting all the dump-on-Israel threads sure aren’t starting any dump-on-Arab countries threads.

Just like the analogy where teacher blames the sole black kid for breaking the vase, even though all the other kids involved where white, there’s a reason for that.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:00 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,573,063 times
Quote:
If Palestinians would stop lobbing rockets and electing Terrorists who want to destroy Israel, then there would be peace.
If Israel would stop building settlements and checkpoints around Palestinians and fragmenting their territory, they’d stop lobbing rockets.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:02 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,345,128 times
Quote:
It the very fact that we have multiple people starting anti-Israel threads, and never an anti-any other country thread, is the point. We will go round and round with this, but it reveals a double standard that meets the definition of antisemitism, as outlined by the State Department.

I see the anti-Israel posters are trying very ahead to insist we only focus on how bad Israel is, but the fact that that is what they choose to focus on, rather than the many Arab countries that have done worse to Jews, is telling.

Here’s the example, once more: Six kids, five whites and one black, break teacher’s vase. Teacher scolds ONLY the black kid, telling him behavior was stupid....lazy....whatever, and completely ignores the white kids. When the black kid’s parent or friend asks “why are you only scolding the black kid,” the answer comes back “because I am focused just on what the black kid did wrong. If someone else wants to talk about the whites, go ahead. But for me, my main concern is what black kid did.”

The real question is: WHY? Why does that teacher have no interest is criticizing the numerous white kids, and focuses on the sole black kid to scold”? Because......she is racist. End of story.
Your logic train derailed. What happened to the Jews...happenED. Past tense for the most part. What is happening to the Palestinians is happening NOW. Present tense for the most part.

I’d also be fascinated in you linking an antisemitic thread or two, so I can figure out what you consider antisemitic. So far I’m thinking it’s anything that’s not blindly pro-Israel.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:04 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times
Quote:
If Palestinians would stop lobbing rockets and electing Terrorists who want to destroy Israel, then there would be peace.
Except, it was Israel who started subjugating Palestinians, starting in 1948. And you know, and have been told many times before, Hamas is not elected in the West Bank, only in Gaza. The problem is, that Hamas also is the one providing needed social services, like health and education. And you wonder why Hamas has support? Israel has many time cut off access to food and medicine to entering the Gaza strip. Whose in the wrong?

https://www.voanews.com/world-news/m...-entering-gaza

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/euro...o-gaza/2084144

Who is the terrorist by deny food and medical supplies to fellow human beings?

You really need to understand why Gaza Palestinians support Hamas. Much of it is because of Israel human rights violations.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Your logic train derailed. What happened to the Jews...happenED. Past tense for the most part. What is happening to the Palestinians is happening NOW. Present tense for the most part.

I’d also be fascinated in you linking an antisemitic thread or two, so I can figure out what you consider antisemitic. So far I’m thinking it’s anything that’s not blindly pro-Israel.
I don’t want to link to threads with the antisemitic scumbags posting, and bring it any more attention. Let’s just say that any thread on Israel that has posters making remarks about Jews’ character or negative remarks about their religion is antisemitic.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:13 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,573,063 times
Quote:
I don’t want to link to threads with the antisemitic scumbags posting, and bring it any more attention. Let’s just say that any thread on Israel that has posters making remarks about Jews’ character or negative remarks about their religion is antisemitic.
Negative remarks about Palestinians’ character or their religion is antisemitic too you know.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Negative remarks about Palestinians’ character or their religion is antisemitic too you know.
Everyone knows that anti-Semite means against Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies