Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 08:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
For context, just like you used BLM as your hyper sensationalized opposition, im using All Lives Matters types the same way.

So answer my question accordingly or just replace ALM with white supremacist
You are acknowledging your dishonesty.

ALM is a simple response to the racism of the BLM organisation.

So again, most black people are intelligent and recognise this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
would you understand more if i said

Why would a black person be friends with a racist ?

That is an honest question. Why not just ask that instead of the dishonest question.

Why would anyone be friends with a racist?

BTW, everyone understood what you were trying to do

Old 06-08-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
BLM(the statement and the statement alone) is about racial injustice. EVEN if you believed that was B.S. and that we are all treated equally and people are overexaggerating, that would mean ALM is a stupid slogan too, since it wouldnt be needed by the logic of the people stating it.

That basically leaves it solely as a retaliatory response to something you just dont want to here.

This is backed up by the fact that these same people are fine with saying Blue Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter(since you know, All Lives Matter would include police), and since they didnt attack Asians for saying Asian Lives matter.

Every now and then you surprise me and have genuine conversations. Im hoping this is one.
BLM is a racist organisation. Not a slogan. As you know.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
No, because regardless of politics, if you had a black friend who knew your views, they would have sat you down and had a heart to heart on this subject.

I said homophobia, this is exactly why I split up my post, so you can know exactly what im responding to, and somehow you still screwed up.

You stated the possibility of being seen as such based on what comes out of your mouth.

LOL, we have barely had a surface level conversation. I havent accused you specifically of being anything. You responded to me and purposefully played obtuse in those responses.

If you cant have an honest conversation with a stranger over the internet about surface level arguments like what All lives matters means, then im 100% sure you dont bring these subjects up in front of black friends.
You are deeply dishonest and disingenuous. You aren't interested in honest conversation. Nearly every sentence you write is a lie, deflection, or gaslighting. Why not give honesty a go? It may work better for you.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You are acknowledging your dishonesty.
no, i acknowledged yours. Either you are completely oblivious, or you fully understand that I view ALM as racist just as you view BLM as racist.

Since you understood the point I was operating from, and chose to ignore it. that makes you the dishonest one.

Quote:
ALM is a simple response to the racism of the BLM organisation.
BLM(the statement) =/= BLM (the organization)

again, yall have had 8+ years to understand the difference and at this point, you are just choosing to remain obtuse.

Quote:
So again, most black people are intelligent and recognise this.
just like ever race, most members are indeed intelligent. We dont allow BS like yours to go unchecked.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
You are deeply dishonest and disingenuous. You aren't interested in honest conversation. Nearly every sentence you write is a lie, deflection, or gaslighting. Why not give honesty a go? It may work better for you.
the only one being dishonest, disingenuous and gaslighting here is you, but keep trying.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:06 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) of course I have black friends. I make no distinction as to friends based on skin tone. I go by values and personality.

2) there is no party platform of racism, at least on the Republican side. We do see it on the Democrat side.

3) where did I ever say I want to be homophobe or racist?

Your arrogant, attacking post shows why people like me don’t want to risk speakly freely in front of people like you. In your contempt for people who don’t submit to the liberal narrsrive, you twist things around to accuse them of racism, homophobia, etc.
Well said Wish I could rep you again.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:07 PM

15,980 posts, read 7,039,821 times
Quote:
BLM is a racist organization. Not a slogan. As you know.
This is why Democrats cannot be your friend. It is a Black people organization seeking criminal justice, it is definitely not just a slogan. 55% of Americans support their cause.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:10 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Sounds like your family has learned what people have said for years: in polite company, avoid talk of politics or religion.
Yep. I learned that from watching my mother get into screaming matches with her brother (my uncle). He was conservative while she was a liberal. Those screaming matches taught me to not do that with others.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:31 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
BLM is a racist organisation. Not a slogan. As you know.
So true. If the people behind the IDEA of black lives being important (as opposed to the racist BLM organization), they would have divorced themselves from that rabid hate group and picked a new slogan to emphasize that distinction. That they did not speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies