Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 06:39 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is the same way here. I don't understand how they can view politics the way they do so we avoid talking about it.

What is ironic is my wife and I lost friends and had a huge blowout with a family member because we liked Trump and preferred him over Hillary. These people would not listen to reason so they stormed away. Oh well. When I think about those people they were never happy people to begin with and the anti Trump hatred boiled their blood and showed who they really were. Today I think they are too embarrassed by their actions to admit it.

I am certainly friends with Liberals but there are many that want nothing to do with a Conservative especially if that person voted for Trump.
There’s no such thing.

By voting for Trump, a person flushes any conservative bona fides they may previously have had down the toilet.

Trump isn’t a conservative.

No actual conservative would ever vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 06:40 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That was my experience with a member of my family, who spoke with extreme disdain for Trump (knowing I voted for him). As long as I let her go on unchallenged, she “allowed” me into her sphere. But when she made a completely false claim, and I nicely* refuted it with examples, she became infuriated that I didn’t just accept her view as fact. After that, she stopped returning my calls, and we haven’t spoke in six months.

*someone else was with us, and I later asked if I handled it well. She said she was impressed with how calmly I explained my position.
I have found that if you hit them with the facts no matter how nicely you do it they go ballistic!

Old 06-07-2021, 06:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarStelzation View Post
Also, side note about pragerU:
https://youtu.be/EM7BgrddY18
Thomas Sowell and others can run circles around that brainchild dimwit you linked.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:49 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I’m sure they didn’t cherry pick at all. Very scientific
Yeah, my first thought looking at the thread title was if it would be something like a valid survey or if it would be some garbage.

Score is garbage 1, valid survey 0.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:52 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I think it is only natural. Democrats are open minded about diversity, education, healthcare, criminal justice reform, racism, and all other social issues that need to be addressed.
Why would they have anything in common with people who would gaslight them on these human right issues? They dont even believe in human rights.
Repubs will be open to friendship because they have simply lost so many friends.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:54 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Interesting to see the difference. Democrats say they don't want any Republican friends, meanwhile Republicans/Conservatives say they would be open to having Democrat friends. And the left call themselves "open minded."

Watch:

Now look at the difference here:
The left has proven over and over again they are as far from open minded as one can be.

Old 06-07-2021, 07:02 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My guess is you have no Republican/conservative friends.
I have a lot of republican coworkers, out of maybe 15 or so people in my circle who are Republicans, 14 of them are National Review repubs, 1 is a qanon, breibart prager U dude. In my experience republicans dont watch pragerU anymore than democrats watch the YoungTurks, (I have never seen more than a 1 minute clip)

Old 06-07-2021, 07:16 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
I have friends and relatives on both sides but any close friend would be a moderate Democrat, not a Trump follower. The Trump loving relatives have called me a "commie" ??? because they are so radical and hateful. I don't discuss politics with them anymore but I don't think our views differ that much except that they worship Trump.

And Trump makes me sick. He's a very bad example for kids with his name calling and bullying, his lies, and wanting to be President for life, which is un American.

I don't know any rabid progressive Democrats. Most are about like me--just middle of the road and we would be able to get along fine with the old style of Republicans, just not this new style that vote for whatever Trump tells them to instead of really caring about America.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:06 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
I have many conservative friends, but none are Trumpers. And we have more interesting topics to talk about other than politics.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:40 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I think it is only natural. Democrats are open minded about diversity, education, healthcare, criminal justice reform, racism, and all other social issues that need to be addressed.
Why would they have anything in common with people who would gaslight them on these human right issues? They dont even believe in human rights.
Repubs will be open to friendship because they have simply lost so many friends.
This looks like a satire post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies