Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 10:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times

Advertisements

Interesting to see the difference. Democrats say they don't want any Republican friends, meanwhile Republicans/Conservatives say they would be open to having Democrat friends. And the left call themselves "open minded."

Watch:

Now look at the difference here:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 10:54 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
I have friends in both camps, and they're friends with each other. Funny how that works when you respect each other's viewpoints. I suppose it helps that we're older.

Old 06-06-2021, 11:18 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,372,535 times
I have friends that have different political views but there is more to friendship than politics. The only people I could think of that might base friendship on political views would be activists, and I don't know anyone like that.

These days it seems to be a better to keep those things to yourself anyway. You never know when someone might use it against you.

Old 06-06-2021, 11:29 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarStelzation View Post
Also, side note about pragerU:
https://youtu.be/EM7BgrddY18
My guess is you have no Republican/conservative friends.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:16 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,997 times
I’m sure they didn’t cherry pick at all. Very scientific

Old 06-07-2021, 11:18 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
A number of my friends are liberals.

I feel sorry for their misled delusions.

Just as I would feel sorry for their injury if they had a broken arm or something.

But they're still my friends. Why wouldn't they be?

Old 06-07-2021, 11:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I’m sure they didn’t cherry pick at all. Very scientific
LOL -- right -- science!!!!!!! LOL......

For the record, my best friends are all conservatives.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:23 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
I have friends who are Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians...oh and Wiccans (LOL!)

I sat and had a talk with one friend who has a differing political view than mine, we solved all the worlds problems in about an hour! LOL

Old 06-07-2021, 11:27 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Just as I would feel sorry for their injury if they had a broken arm or something.

It is the same way here. I don't understand how they can view politics the way they do so we avoid talking about it.

What is ironic is my wife and I lost friends and had a huge blowout with a family member because we liked Trump and preferred him over Hillary. These people would not listen to reason so they stormed away. Oh well. When I think about those people they were never happy people to begin with and the anti Trump hatred boiled their blood and showed who they really were. Today I think they are too embarrassed by their actions to admit it.

I am certainly friends with Liberals but there are many that want nothing to do with a Conservative especially if that person voted for Trump.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Same, but in reverse. #1 on my list is my wife.

Honestly, I probably have more conservative friends than liberals.

Full disclosure: I come here SPECIFICALLY seeking opposite points of view, and also to have those discussions. I'm sure I come off as whacko-lib, but I'm not in real life. (Probably more conservative than many self-proclaimed conservatives actually are.) I believe in hard work, no debt, treat others as you would want to be treated, and hands-off government.

I'm sure you're much the same in real life.

My guess is that if we all met in real life, under any condition OTHER THAN politics, we'd all get along just fine. Here, it is a tough crowd and there is already an aura of disagreement by nature in many (not all) cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies