Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 04:14 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Can't agree to go that far. I've said that people should disclose their biological sex before initiating sexual encounters, however, if someone failed to do that, I can't see simply being offended at their sex when they remove their clothing as a sex crime on par with say forcible rape. You can still decline at that point and tell them to leave. That's not really appreciably different than declining sex when someone shows up who had lied about other aspects of themselves, such as their age, weight, or appearance. I've definitely had the latter happen before.

Some people would be more than just "offended". For some people is could be a disgusting even immoral act. It is a sex crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 04:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Some people would be more than just "offended". For some people is could be a disgusting even immoral act. It is a sex crime.
Shouldn't have sex with people ya don't know well.

I thought that was a conservative value.

I ain't worried about getting a blow job from a tranny. Are you?

I don't think we need big government to protect a moron who doesn't do due diligence before engaging in oral sex.

Last edited by whogo; 06-13-2021 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-13-2021, 04:53 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Shouldn't have sex with people ya don't know well.

I thought that was a conservative value.

I ain't worried about getting a blow job from a tranny. Are you?

That is YOU, YOU speak only for YOU!

Old 06-13-2021, 05:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
That is YOU, YOU speak only for YOU!
I'm speaking about decent people everywhere.

Don't have sex with people you don't know well. A lot of bad things can happen.

If you don't even know they got a penis I don't feel one bit sorry for you.

You want taxpayer dollars to be used to protect oversexed morons.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:18 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
I see no foreplay happening, non whatsoever, now that would've been a game changer!!!

Old 06-14-2021, 08:22 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'm speaking about decent people everywhere.

Don't have sex with people you don't know well. A lot of bad things can happen.

If you don't even know they got a penis I don't feel one bit sorry for you.

You want taxpayer dollars to be used to protect oversexed morons.
What do you expect from a 18 yr. Old........

Old 06-14-2021, 08:30 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
*Shrug* in this great big world of sexual predators, roofies, HIV etc. you need to take responsibility for protecting yourself first and foremost. Criminal charges or not after the fact are not the first line of defense.

I do wonder if you change the scenario to a straight guy pretending to be a lesbian how many people might answer differently.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:01 AM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
There cannot be consent if the person giving the consent is deceived.
As I said that has not been significantly addressed in legal code. Deceit and fraud could be a multitude of things. Where does one draw the line at informed consent. While looking at such cases men have been tried for pretending to be a pilot, medical doctor and Jewish bachelor interested in a long-term relationship. I'm not sure the legislators or general public are ready to quantify rape by fraud.

Where is personal responsibility?
I find it amusing recently there was a thread about a young mother and her children who were murdered by a man she allowed in her house. He was an old ex boyfriend who had committed a crime and escaped a low security half way house. Many posters blamed her for her bad choices in intimate partners, choosing "bad boys" stating she learned her lesson now. And here we have people making all sorts of excuses for people (men) for whom they choose to sleep with, putting the blame on the victim for non informed disclosure thus voiding their responsibility for consent . Perhaps they should charge the escapee with rape as well as murder since I'm sure he did not disclose the fact the he was a murderer, but insisted he was trying to turn his life around.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:14 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
As I said that has not been significantly addressed in legal code. Deceit and fraud could be a multitude of things. Where does one draw the line at informed consent. While looking at such cases men have been tried for pretending to be a pilot, medical doctor and Jewish bachelor interested in a long-term relationship. I'm not sure the legislators or general public are ready to quantify rape by fraud.

Where is personal responsibility?
I find it amusing recently there was a thread about a young mother and her children who were murdered by a man she allowed in her house. He was an old ex boyfriend who had committed a crime and escaped a low security half way house. Many posters blamed her for her bad choices in intimate partners, choosing "bad boys" stating she learned her lesson now. And here we have people making all sorts of excuses for people (men) for whom they choose to sleep with, putting the blame on the victim for non informed disclosure thus voiding their responsibility for consent . Perhaps they should charge the escapee with rape as well as murder since I'm sure he did not disclose the fact the he was a murderer, but insisted he was trying to turn his life around.
How do you not get that the biological sexual makeup of a person is fundamental to the sexual act whereas things income, criminal history, marital status, and whatnot might matter emotionally but are not fundamental to the type of sexual activity that is going to be engaged in? It is about the difference between social constructs and biology. Gender is a social construct, sex is biological. Dating is a social construct, sexual activity is biological.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:23 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I know a transgendered young woman who frequently discusses issues such as this on FB. Her assertion is that she is a woman in every way, and as such doesn’t feel the need to share her trans sexuality with potential suitors. She also calls men who do not wish to date her “transphobic”, along with plenty of other colorful names. She has had a couple bad experiences with straight men that she pursued, only to have them decline her offers due to her trans sexuality.

I don’t bother any longer trying to explain that there is some dishonesty going on on her part. Her sexuality and subsequent issues after all are hers to deal with in my opinion, not everyone else’s. She wants to complain but doesn’t really want advice. Ok then. I’ve warned her however that abuse of transwomen sometimes stems from this type of duplicity, and leave it at that.
In that case, I think she should accept the same answer men need to learn- no means no and it is an entire sentence. No one owes you an explanation for why they do not want to have sex with you. A simply (and preferably kindly delivered) 'no' should suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies