Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2021, 09:24 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How do you not get that the biological sexual makeup of a person is fundamental to the sexual act whereas things income, criminal history, marital status, and whatnot might matter emotionally but are not fundamental to the type of sexual activity that is going to be engaged in? It is about the difference between social constructs and biology. Gender is a social construct, sex is biological. Dating is a social construct, sexual activity is biological.
That's your opinion and your welcome to it. Its not every person's opinion and certainly, as it stands, not the legal systems opinion. Apparently being that cases have been tried on rape by deception based on income, potential income, status and marital status these things are indeed fundamental to engaging in sexual activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 09:40 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Sex is giving yourself to another person. If you misrepresent yourself in this sort of a profound way, you are defrauding the other person. Check fraud is similar, when you misrepresent yourself as you pass checks under an identity not your own.

If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If not, you are a female. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying liar and probably a sicko, and should not to be trusted.
How frickin lazy does one have to be to not notice their mate lacks the reproductive organs they desire. I'm not saying to call in an OB GYN but good heavens, this situation was a guy who literally simply wanted to be services on occasion one and to hit an split on occasion two. This basically tells me he took no time to tend to any concerns of disease, whether this woman was a total psycho who might physically injure him- or make a sexual assault claim. As a Div 1 football player he is ground zero for woman looking to have a well timed pregnancy or try to blackmail him- I am in no way saying that is common but it happens. So how he gets with the gal twice before making this discovery is rather appalling on its own.

You can barely trust randoms of the internet to be honest about a how they obtained the used goods they are selling- why the heck would you trust them with your sexual health. It would seem that level of hook up follows the principle of buyer be ware.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
How frickin lazy does one have to be to not notice their mate lacks the reproductive organs they desire. I'm not saying to call in an OB GYN but good heavens, this situation was a guy who literally simply wanted to be services on occasion one and to hit an split on occasion two. This basically tells me he took no time to tend to any concerns of disease, whether this woman was a total psycho who might physically injure him- or make a sexual assault claim. As a Div 1 football player he is ground zero for woman looking to have a well timed pregnancy or try to blackmail him- I am in no way saying that is common but it happens. So how he gets with the gal twice before making this discovery is rather appalling on its own.

You can barely trust randoms of the internet to be honest about a how they obtained the used goods they are selling- why the heck would you trust them with your sexual health. It would seem that level of hook up follows the principle of buyer be ware.
I agree. Some are acting like sex is this sacred, fragile gift, yet we are discussing people who are engaging in Tender hook ups with people they have never even met and don't pay enough attention to the other person to even be aware of their sex and then want to martyr them as victims of deception.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:13 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
It's an excellent question by the OP but the reaction is completely obvious. The Far Left nonsensical rule applies: "Because your a man, that doesn't count." If you're a white heterosexual male, then you can expect to be outright raped by a woman and that she will never be prosecuted. If your'e black or from some other minority, then you actually might get somewhere with this.

I do think that it is exactly like statutory or passed out drunk rapes. You are unable to consent. If men and women knew that they could legally prosecute such people, it's quite possible that they would press charges instead of going the route of murder. At present, men have no expectation of any legal recourse if get tricked by a Trap (transgender).

Old 06-14-2021, 10:29 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Shouldn't have sex with people ya don't know well.

I thought that was a conservative value.

I ain't worried about getting a blow job from a tranny. Are you?

I don't think we need big government to protect a moron who doesn't do due diligence before engaging in oral sex.
This is what makes a rape enabler - your belief that transgender folk are free to engage in sexual assault, only to the point that their deceit gets detected..... the one free grope rule that enablers seem to love.

Maybe we don't need big government to tell us what sexual assault is, and get to decide for ourselves, by stringing the rapist from the nearest tree.

Last edited by Joe90; 06-14-2021 at 11:04 AM..

Old 06-14-2021, 11:09 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It's an excellent question by the OP but the reaction is completely obvious. The Far Left nonsensical rule applies: "Because your a man, that doesn't count." If you're a white heterosexual male, then you can expect to be outright raped by a woman and that she will never be prosecuted. If your'e black or from some other minority, then you actually might get somewhere with this.

I do think that it is exactly like statutory or passed out drunk rapes. You are unable to consent. If men and women knew that they could legally prosecute such people, it's quite possible that they would press charges instead of going the route of murder. At present, men have no expectation of any legal recourse if get tricked by a Trap (transgender).
I suppose you didn't read about the actual incident. Not a white heterosexual male in sight. And he was fully able to consent. He travelled there for that very purpose. The problem is when he had buyers remorse/discovered the actual situation, he beat someone to death. Running for the exits or jumping through a window a la the Shenanay sketches from living color would have been perfectly fine. Murdering someone is not regardless of race, gender, or sexual preferences.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:12 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,356,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is not a debate about transgenderism in general and debating it would be off topic. It is strictly about whether a transgendered individual has an obligation to disclose their status prior to sexual activity.

One of the arguments in the date rape of inebriated individuals is that they were incapable of fully consenting to the sexual activity they engaged in, this includes if they agreed to say oral sex and it morphs into coitus. Additionally, it is considered rape if they agree to sex with one person and instead a different person pretending to be that person has sex with them (true case). So, how is it different if in the below instance when a man thought he was consenting to sex with a woman and it turns out to be a man?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/virgi...fter-catfished

This had an extremely bad outcome. There are going to be people that claim this is a hate crime to which I say absolute bullcrap. I am not excusing the murder, but as far as I am concerned the guy was sexually assaulted. He did not consent to having a biological male perform oral sex on him, which is very clear from his visceral reaction when he did find out. I do not think he should prosecuted any differently than other rape victims who have returned after they were safe and killed their rapist. The non-consensual sexual activity needs to considered a mitigating factor.
I think that you bring up a good argument here.

I think it should not be a crime to lie about one's sex. That's because it's not illegal to lie about other things when one has sex with someone.

You say that it's considered rape if a person agrees to have sex with one person, but it turns out to be a different person than who they've had sex with...but that's not the situation we're talking about. We're not talking about a totally different person replacing the person we've agreed to have sex with. We're, rather, talking about one aspect of a person. This aspect should be treated the same way any other aspect of someone is treated, in my opinion.

Is it wrong to lie about having a wife when you sleep with the girl you met at the bar? Sure. Should it be illegal? No. Is it wrong to lie about having male genitalia when you're about to engage in sexual contact? Sure. Should it be illegal? No.

It should not be illegal, because this is one of those areas in which making it illegal would result in too much government control that results in people being punished in ways they won't have necessarily known would be illegal.

Our society so strongly condemns sexual assault because it's obvious what sexual assault is, both to the perpetrators and the victims. When it comes to lying, through...it's not so obvious.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:18 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,583,156 times
It's not rape, it's a great song by the Kinks (Released: 12 June 1970) which just had it's 50th anniversary this weekend.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I think that you bring up a good argument here.

I think it should not be a crime to lie about one's sex. That's because it's not illegal to lie about other things when one has sex with someone.

You say that it's considered rape if a person agrees to have sex with one person, but it turns out to be a different person than who they've had sex with...but that's not the situation we're talking about. We're not talking about a totally different person replacing the person we've agreed to have sex with. We're, rather, talking about one aspect of a person. This aspect should be treated the same way any other aspect of someone is treated, in my opinion.

Is it wrong to lie about having a wife when you sleep with the girl you met at the bar? Sure. Should it be illegal? No. Is it wrong to lie about having male genitalia when you're about to engage in sexual contact? Sure. Should it be illegal? No.

It should not be illegal, because this is one of those areas in which making it illegal would result in too much government control that results in people being punished in ways they won't have necessarily known would be illegal.

Our society so strongly condemns sexual assault because it's obvious what sexual assault is, both to the perpetrators and the victims. When it comes to lying, through...it's not so obvious.
Exactly. I thought most people wanted government to stay out of our bedrooms.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly. I thought most people wanted government to stay out of our bedrooms.
Maybe a good idea - let people deal with those who sexually assault them, in their own way.

A bullet to the head of the of the transgender who didn't give a **** about your sexuality, even though he probably demands his/her sexuality is enforced by law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies