Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 08:23 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,749,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No.

This case kind of reminds me of a case many years ago, of a man who went door to door offering to do medical breast exams for women who answered the door. They claimed sexual assault later, and I forget how that all went down. But really???? How can they be so stupid to invite the unknown man in to feel up their boobies?

At some point, you have to say, people who are in the mainstream (and not in a facility for people who can't care for themselves) have to be responsible for certain precautions, and if they are so stupid they meet someone on a shady hook up site, go to their apartment never having met them and never having spoken to them on the phone, or in person, and in the dark, they expose their member for oral they're being PAID for, and have not even heard the recipient of their "service"'s VOICE, they're damn lucky the person in the pitch black didn't lop off their member with garden sheers.

Because that's what happens when you meet someone in the seedy, dark underbelly of society.

And if you call that blaming the victim, I say how stupid can people who live in the mainstream be.
We shouldn't assume this just happens in darky seedy dives, with the exchange of money.

Although of course, dim lighting can help with the deception
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 08:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 864,480 times
There are a few liberal lawmakers that are literally trying to make it a form of rape if you lie to a woman about your status, career, financial situation, what do you do for a living, etc. etc. and she sleeps with you. But I put my bottom dollar on it if I accidentally slept with a “transgender“ woman, I wouldn’t be able to make the same claim. I would like to think I could tell and I believe I could. I have no problem with anyone who’s transgender or however they identify, but I do think you need to disclose that right out of the gate to any potential partners.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
There are a few liberal lawmakers that are literally trying to make it a form of rape if you lie to a woman about your status, career, financial situation, what do you do for a living, etc. etc. and she sleeps with you. But I put my bottom dollar on it if I accidentally slept with a “transgender“ woman, I wouldn’t be able to make the same claim. I would like to think I could tell and I believe I could. I have no problem with anyone who’s transgender or however they identify, but I do think you need to disclose that right out of the gate to any potential partners.
Look at this story before you opine.

This is a man who stupidly took money from someone he somehow, unbelievably thought to be a woman, in the pitch dark, that he claims afterwards he thought was PAYING HIM to receive oral, and he went and stomped the person to death afterwards because his friends realized he had done this with a man.

Don't talk about liberal viewpoints.

This is a man who was given a pardon to stomp to death a gay man he had engaged in sex with, and was embarrassed his friends found out.

Old 06-02-2022, 04:45 AM

2,047 posts, read 864,480 times
Quote:

This is a man who stupidly took money from someone he somehow, unbelievably thought to be a woman, in the pitch dark, that he claims afterwards he thought was PAYING HIM to receive oral, and he went and stomped the person to death afterwards because his friends realized he had done this with a man.

This is a man who was given a pardon to stomp to death a gay man he had engaged in sex with, and was embarrassed his friends found out.
First of all don’t twist what I was implying or saying. Murder is murder. And what the man did to me would constitute murder. I’m not against gay, transgender etc in general. I’m just trying to point out that if we’re going to call one thing a form of rape we need to call the other.

Personally, I think people need to do their due diligence before they sleep with someone if there’s a red flag or? Involved. Men have lied to women since the beginning of time to get them in bed. Women do it as well. Men will tell women almost anything they want to hear to sleep with them. Lol so if the woman didn’t due her due diligence and find out that the guy works at the local gas station and it’s not in fact a millionaire stockbroker, so this should really be rape? See what I’m saying?

Old 06-02-2022, 04:59 AM

15,900 posts, read 6,368,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
First of all don’t twist what I was implying or saying. Murder is murder. And what the man did to me would constitute murder. I’m not against gay, transgender etc in general. I’m just trying to point out that if we’re going to call one thing a form of rape we need to call the other.

Personally, I think people need to do their due diligence before they sleep with someone if there’s a red flag or? Involved. Men have lied to women since the beginning of time to get them in bed. Women do it as well. Men will tell women almost anything they want to hear to sleep with them. Lol so if the woman didn’t due her due diligence and find out that the guy works at the local gas station and it’s not in fact a millionaire stockbroker, so this should really be rape? See what I’m saying?
What does transgenderism have to do with it? This is the proof of the phobia with trying to equate some perv dupping some idiot.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:30 AM

7,995 posts, read 3,524,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Is this where we get to just call your racist because the defendant is black?

Just checking where the double standard ends and begins?

I think we need something like the food pyramid, but call it the victimhood pyramid. That way we'll know who we are allowed to criticize and when.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:33 AM

203 posts, read 73,066 times
Quote:

I somehow doubt that's the story, as a jury found him not guilty. Short media summaries of the trial is no substitute from actually being there and listening to all the evidence. The media is also highly biased, and spins narratives out of thin air. Eg George Zimmermann was a white man who stalked a boy with a pack of skittles, detained him and shot him. Truth: George Zimmermann was mixed race, initially followed the boy while on phone with 911 then was attacked by said boy, before shooting him.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:02 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,992,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I would say the line is drawn when you pretend to be someone that you physically are not.

The twin brother example, or pretending to be the opposite gender.

If exaggeration of ones financial or social status was rape, then 75% of the population would be guilty at one point or another in their lives.

Married people pretend to be single.....not rape.

Many years ago, I dated a girl who claimed she was 21. (I think I was 23ish).
She had a job and driver's license to prove her age. I never had any reason to suspect she was not actually 21.

Found out years later that it was fake and she was lying.......she was 17 at the time.

But she wasn't misrepresenting WHO she was.

Also not rape....even though in some states, I could have been charged with statutory rape because of her deception.
Why is it only pretending to be someone you are PHYSICALLY not? Does fraud/deception not cover finances or age or marital status. Your cherry picking to suit your own emotions.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Any time deception is used there is no consent.
I dont think you understand what consent means.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
OMG did you really just try to compare lying about your GENDER with saying you were single or were rich?

Come on now.

How about I tell my buddy there is a glory hole on the wall and that (shows picture) there is a hot girl over there and instead it's a goat. Whoops! No different than if it was really a less attractive girl?

That's one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen you attempt. Like Stretch Armstrong level stretch.
Are we basing this on deception or not?
Where are you going to draw the line. If it is about homophobia, lets just call it what it is. If we are going to call it rape by deception, well many things fall under deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies