Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2021, 09:24 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Some states have adopted some forms of rape by deception but I have seen none that go into detail on consent and nothing specifically listing transgenders or same sex deception. It is pretty much a case by case basis. Getting into informed consent can be a pretty slippery slope but who knows it may one day find its way into criminal statute. One day safe sex may mean providing a dossier and getting a signed full disclosure consent form before engaging in any sexual activity.
well, thought agree to disagree. no?

How about just this? Forget about the legal definition of rape, let's just go with this,

The offense committed was clearly murder probably 2nd degree, but not a hate crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 09:28 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Maybe you are like "meh". The vast majority of other people are not.
No kidding.

I've been "touched" by both men and women. I can tell you that unwanted Sexual advances are gross, regardless who did it. just gross.

I think this man was sexually violated. Not sure it was rape by legal definition, but this is clearly not a hate crime, nor is it a first degree murder.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:49 AM

36,542 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, thought agree to disagree. no?

How about just this? Forget about the legal definition of rape, let's just go with this,

The offense committed was clearly murder probably 2nd degree, but not a hate crime.
Ok, whatever?
Im not sure what we are agreeing or disagreeing on. Maybe Im having a senior day.
Yes the offense was 2nd degree murder. I thought the issue being discussed was the sexual act and if a transgender person has a legal obligation to disclose their status.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:51 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
It needs to be a felony to misrepresent your genetic sex to someone in the context of an intimate relationship.

If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If not, you are a female. Anyone who says otherwise is a depraved lying liar and probably a sicko. The promotion of this sort of odious perversion should not be appeased, enabled or accommodated. Rather, it should be confidently and offensively rejected and repudiated.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Ok, whatever?
Im not sure what we are agreeing or disagreeing on. Maybe Im having a senior day.
Yes the offense was 2nd degree murder. I thought the issue being discussed was the sexual act and if a transgender person has a legal obligation to disclose their status.
How about this. How about making it a crime to not disclose your gender during sex acts, if it would be difficult for the average person to discern the gender of each party in the act with a 15 second conversation or by looking at the person?If your gender isn't obvious to the casual observer, you have to disclose it?

And if you choose to have a sex act with someone you haven't looked at or spoken with, it's on you. Better luck next time.

I'm struggling, really, to believe this is as this young man is telling it. Considering the appearance of the deceased, and considering the next "sexual encounter" involved himself and two other men going to the apartment.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
It needs to be a felony to misrepresent your genetic sex to someone in the context of an intimate relationship.

If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If not, you are a female. Anyone who says otherwise is a depraved lying liar and probably a sicko. The promotion of this sort of odious perversion should not be appeased, enabled or accommodated. Rather, it should be confidently and offensively rejected and repudiated.
Would a person not know that being in an intimate relationship?
I'm not sure lying or deceit should be a felony offense. Boy there would be a lot of people in prison.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How about this. How about making it a crime to not disclose your gender during sex acts, if it would be difficult for the average person to discern the gender of each party in the act with a 15 second conversation or by looking at the person?If your gender isn't obvious to the casual observer, you have to disclose it?

I'm struggling, really, to believe this is as this young man is telling it. Considering the appearance of the deceased, and considering the next "sexual encounter" involved himself and two other men going to the apartment.
I still think maybe we should just bring back some personal responsibility and prudence. Maybe not hop into bed with a stranger you spoke to for 15 seconds. I'm no angle and have engaged in casual sex but I felt the person out enough to know what sex they were. Of course I imagine its a bit different out there now, but still.

I think making it a crime not to disclose your gender on those conditions would leave a lot of room for interpretation and open the door for further forms of disclosure.

I agree that there is more to this particular story.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Would a person not know that being in an intimate relationship?
I'm not sure lying or deceit should be a felony offense. Boy there would be a lot of people in prison.
It is not all that hard to tell a man from a woman, unless that person has gone to extensive efforts to masquerade as something other than what they fundamentally are. No amount of gaslighting or propaganda from the usual lying liars will ever change that. Never.

So the reason this was apparently a problem is because this person was masquerading as a woman when in fact, he is a man. The whole "trans-sexual" exercise is in fact a delusional fiction, but in the context of sexual intimacy, mating and pairing, the offense becomes magnified both morally and socially, to serious criminal proportions.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
It is not all that hard to tell a man from a woman, unless that person has gone to extensive efforts to masquerade as something other than what they fundamentally are. No amount of gaslighting or propaganda from the usual lying liars will ever change that. Never.

So the reason this was apparently a problem is because this person was masquerading as a woman when in fact, she is a man. The whole "trans-sexual" exercise is in fact a delusional fiction, but in the context of sexual intimacy, mating and pairing, the offense becomes magnified both morally and socially, to serious criminal proportions.

This is absolutely unacceptable.
I think maybe you didn't read the story.

This was a gay man. No "trans" about it - he worked full time, in full view of the community, as a man.

As in, male voice, male appearance. You can put a man in a dress, and that's just humor like Monty Python.

You can dress a man in full drag, but the moment he puts two words together, you know it's a man.

At trial I would be very interested to see what made this murderer believe the man giving him oral wasn't a man.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think maybe you didn't read the story.

This was a gay man. No "trans" about it - he worked full time, in full view of the community, as a man.

As in, male voice, male appearance. You can put a man in a dress, and that's just humor like Monty Python.

You can dress a man in full drag, but the moment he puts two words together, you know it's a man.

At trial I would be very interested to see what made this murderer believe the man giving him oral wasn't a man.
It does not matter. They are masquerading as something they are not either way. The "Trans" part is irrelevant.

So the reason this was apparently a problem is because this person was masquerading as a woman when in fact, he is a man. In the context of sexual intimacy, mating and pairing, the offense becomes magnified both morally and socially, to serious criminal proportions.

All things considered, the man who killed him should be given a suspended sentence with no jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies