Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 11:13 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times

Advertisements

There's an obvious correlation between IQ and vaccination rate when you sift through the data. Lower IQ people fear what they don't understand and often resist change and progress. They are entitled to their opinion though. They are nothing new though... they were around when vaccines first were starting to be used.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...D6LIPQ6ZTBKHI/

If you don't give these people incentive to get the shot, such as cutting their insurance coverage so if they happen to get severe covid all the medical costs are on them, they will never get the vaccine. Complaining won't fix it. If democrats really care that much about getting people vaccinated, they need to use some sort of stimulus or punishment to encourage it. That's on them. I got my vaccine and don't really care if others get theirs or not. I will care if these unvaccinated start getting covid and causing the nanny state to start requiring masks and lockdowns again in the fall, then make no mistake, my irritation towards the anti-vaccers will become quite evident if that does happen! I suspect that won't happen though because I suspect many people got covid without knowing it and herd immunity is not far off. The masks are all off out here in South Dakota and nobody wants them back.

Some interesting stuff in this article...

"In 1796, Jenner was approached by Sarah Nelmes, a dairymaid, who had caught cowpox from a cow named Blossom. Jenner scratched pus from the blister on her hand onto the arm of James Phipps, an eight-year-old boy who had never contracted cowpox or smallpox," Gower said.
"Phipps became slightly ill with cowpox, but soon made a full recovery. Jenner then attempted to variolate Phipps, to expose him to smallpox, in order to test whether or not he was now immune.
"As Jenner had expected, and to everyone's relief, Phipps did not contract smallpox. Over the next two years, Jenner carried out the experiment on different subjects before writing up and publishing his work."
Jenner named the new technique "vaccine inoculation", later shortened to "vaccination," after the Latin "vacca" for cow."

Last edited by sholomar; 06-13-2021 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 11:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is some more science for you since you are obviously a science based person.

Measles does long-term damage to immune system, studies show
You keep trying to change the subject. Your comment has nothing to do with natural induced immunity which is said to last a lifetime from having had measles.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:31 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There's an obvious correlation between IQ and vaccination rate when you sift through the data. Lower IQ people fear what they don't understand and often resist change and progress. They are entitled to their opinion though. They are nothing new though... they were around when vaccines first were starting to be used.

If you don't give these people incentive to get the shot, such as cutting their insurance coverage so if they happen to get severe covid all the medical costs are on them, they will never get the vaccine. Complaining won't fix it. If democrats really care that much about getting people vaccinated, they need to use some sort of stimulus or punishment to encourage it. That's on them. I got my vaccine and don't really care if others get theirs or not. I will care if these unvaccinated start getting covid and causing the nanny state to start requiring masks and lockdowns again in the fall, then make no mistake, my irritation towards the anti-vaccers will become quite evident if that does happen! I suspect that won't happen though because I suspect many people got covid without knowing it and herd immunity is not far off. The masks are all off out here in South Dakota and nobody wants them back.

"In 1796, Jenner was approached by Sarah Nelmes, a dairymaid, who had caught cowpox from a cow named Blossom. Jenner scratched pus from the blister on her hand onto the arm of James Phipps, an eight-year-old boy who had never contracted cowpox or smallpox," Gower said.
"Phipps became slightly ill with cowpox, but soon made a full recovery. Jenner then attempted to variolate Phipps, to expose him to smallpox, in order to test whether or not he was now immune.
"As Jenner had expected, and to everyone's relief, Phipps did not contract smallpox. Over the next two years, Jenner carried out the experiment on different subjects before writing up and publishing his work."
Jenner named the new technique "vaccine inoculation", later shortened to "vaccination," after the Latin "vacca" for cow."
Shirley there is a fellow cult member who can help with the anger and anxiety?

Old 06-13-2021, 12:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There should be plenty of subjects to be studied somewhere in the world. Especially in the third world.
we've got nearly 33MM subjects here. And seems like a separate study should be done on the asymptomatic.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:14 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As a child, I had both red measles, German measles, chicken pox, and mumps. Still the MMR was required before attending medical school.

Those who refuse the COVID vaccination can expect denial of entry into many colleges and jobs. Their choice not to be vaccinated just as it is the choice of colleges and employers not to accept them.

End of story.
Nope. I went back to college in my 40's during the 90's. Was not required to have any vaccinations based on my age. CDC "born before 1957" had or been exposed to those diseases considered just as immune as being vaccinated. BOTH give 95% immunity.

I've worked in Nursing Homes, MR/DD Day Hab and Group Homes, and Public Schools. No vaccinations required. When there was an outbreak of measles in the school, vaccinated younger staff were terrified and talking about boosters. Those of us who were older and had our own bout of measles, laughed among ourselves. Want us to go around and disinfect the classrooms?

If you had all those diseases, did you ever catch them again? That is case closed.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:47 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If you got Covid-19 sometime in the last year or so, and then recovered from it, The vaccine will do you no particular good, because you are already immune, according to a recent study by the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. And you cannot give the virus to anyone else, even if they have had neither the vaccine nor the Covid virus itself.

This brings up questions about people who say you cannot enter their establishment unless you have had the vaccine, such as universities across the country.

https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/li...id-19-vaccine/

If a student has had Covid months ago and has recovered, why do they need to get the vaccine shot before they go to school at the university or college?

---------------------------------------

https://www.wfla.com/news/no-vaccine...ic-study-says/

No vaccine needed for those who’ve had COVID-19, Cleveland Clinic study says

by: Jen Steer
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 / 09:22 AM EDT / Updated: Jun 10, 2021 / 06:44 AM EDT

CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Clinic recently studied the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccination among people who caught the virus and those who haven’t.

The study finds that anyone who previously tested positive for a SARS-CoV-2 infection did not get additional benefits from the vaccine, which suggests the vaccines should be prioritized to people who haven’t gotten the infection. The clinic says this research provides insight into how the immune system protects the body once a COVID-19 infection is confirmed.

During the study that was conducted on 52,238 employees in the Cleveland Clinic, the clinic says “not a single incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was observed in previously infected participants with or
without vaccination.”

There are other studies which say the opposite.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/i...ural-infection

Old 06-13-2021, 12:49 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineresty View Post
Well YES they have alterior movites with this so called "vaccine" trust me!!

They still want people getting this as getting it will do what they want.......

The ulterior motives (you should spell check) are to protect people who cannot get vaccinated or who will not generate a strong immune response.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:44 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:

Sure, George. I have an IQ of 135. Not MENSA material, but above average. I’d rather rely on my natural immunity from having had Covid, for now anyway. All posts like yours do is make me detest the false superiority of people like you even more than I already did. I won’t go so far as to say your ilk make sure I’ll never take it, but you’ve got to realize that what you’re doing pushes people away.

If you REALLY cared if folks got vaccinated , you should tone it down. I did vote for Trump in part due to people like you, with their imagined superiority.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:56 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
There's an obvious correlation between IQ and vaccination rate when you sift through the data. Lower IQ people fear what they don't understand and often resist change and progress.
128 IQ here. Have not had the vaccine yet. Not because I fear it or resist change though. I've simply judged that the risk of taking the vaccine (very low) is currently greater than the risk of complications from covid for me (very very low), so I'm waiting for better data on the long term safety of the vaccines before proceeding. If I perceive that the risk has dropped to very very low for me based on good data, the I'll get it eventually.

Old 06-13-2021, 03:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Nope. I went back to college in my 40's during the 90's. Was not required to have any vaccinations based on my age. CDC "born before 1957" had or been exposed to those diseases considered just as immune as being vaccinated. BOTH give 95% immunity.

I've worked in Nursing Homes, MR/DD Day Hab and Group Homes, and Public Schools. No vaccinations required. When there was an outbreak of measles in the school, vaccinated younger staff were terrified and talking about boosters. Those of us who were older and had our own bout of measles, laughed among ourselves. Want us to go around and disinfect the classrooms?

If you had all those diseases, did you ever catch them again? That is case closed.
Didn't catch them again but you can bet your sweet behind that I got a Shingles vaccination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies