Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 03:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineresty View Post
Well YES they have alterior movites with this so called "vaccine" trust me!!

They still want people getting this as getting it will do what they want.......
Who is "they" and what do "they want?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 04:10 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
128 IQ here. Have not had the vaccine yet. Not because I fear it or resist change though. I've simply judged that the risk of taking the vaccine (very low) is currently greater than the risk of complications from covid for me (very very low), so I'm waiting for better data on the long term safety of the vaccines before proceeding. If I perceive that the risk has dropped to very very low for me based on good data, the I'll get it eventually.
I'm in a risk group due to age, but I'd also like to wait until the conclusion of the 'experimental' status of the vaccine(s). So, I'm taking HCQ/zinc. Had to 'put my money where my mouth is', as it cost me a couple/few hundred bucks, but 1) having HCQ on hand for early treatment options is assuring to me, and 2) I felt relief worth twice the price, and 3) it's buying me time to make a vaccine decision.

Last edited by Zelva; 06-13-2021 at 04:20 PM..

Old 06-14-2021, 12:37 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The medical communities will study, discuss, decide and then make their recommendations to the general public. As medicine tends to be very conservative, more than likely it will tend to err on the vaccinating side. There should still be plenty of unvaccinated people to study.
Okay so tell us what is more "conservative".

1) You had COVID and didn't have any significant issues, and don't fall into any of the high-risk categories. But you know you should get this vaccine that only has an Emergency Use Authorization since December and we just don't know how long you will have immunity for.

2) You had COVID and didn't have any significant issues, and don't fall into any of the high-risk categories. While of course, you can get the vaccine, but you may also want to think about waiting until more studies are done to determine the need or issues if you receive the vaccine.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:25 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Nope. I went back to college in my 40's during the 90's. Was not required to have any vaccinations based on my age. CDC "born before 1957" had or been exposed to those diseases considered just as immune as being vaccinated. BOTH give 95% immunity.

I've worked in Nursing Homes, MR/DD Day Hab and Group Homes, and Public Schools. No vaccinations required. When there was an outbreak of measles in the school, vaccinated younger staff were terrified and talking about boosters. Those of us who were older and had our own bout of measles, laughed among ourselves. Want us to go around and disinfect the classrooms?

If you had all those diseases, did you ever catch them again? That is case closed.
The difference with Covid 19 is that it is a new disease. And we don't have long term data and knowledge like we do with these other viruses and their respective immunities. With Covid 19 we are still learning and making best guess recommendations in real time. Medicine being as conservative as it tends to be, will usually err on the side of vaccination with Covid 19. At least for the time being.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I'm in a risk group due to age, but I'd also like to wait until the conclusion of the 'experimental' status of the vaccine(s). So, I'm taking HCQ/zinc. Had to 'put my money where my mouth is', as it cost me a couple/few hundred bucks, but 1) having HCQ on hand for early treatment options is assuring to me, and 2) I felt relief worth twice the price, and 3) it's buying me time to make a vaccine decision.
How did this cost you a few hundred dollars?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Okay so tell us what is more "conservative".

1) You had COVID and didn't have any significant issues, and don't fall into any of the high-risk categories. But you know you should get this vaccine that only has an Emergency Use Authorization since December and we just don't know how long you will have immunity for.

2) You had COVID and didn't have any significant issues, and don't fall into any of the high-risk categories. While of course, you can get the vaccine, but you may also want to think about waiting until more studies are done to determine the need or issues if you receive the vaccine.
A conservative medical treatment plan is basically going by the book. Right now even if you have recovered from a proven case of Covid 19, vaccination is still recommended. A more liberal medical direction might have you wait, since newer studies are showing the need for only one mRNA,or even none. Especially if low risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies