Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 02:19 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Israel is reinstating restrictions despite high vaccination rates and very low transmission, so their experience supports my thesis. I didn't know that about the vaccine being used in Chile, so thanks for the clarification.

Israel can do what they want. I would not go along with new restrictions here. The case counts are quickly rising in Israel. They are still low but have gone from about 5 a day to over 300. Covid seems to rise exponentially lots of times so we will see what happens there. I would not chalk it up to sinister motivation. And I think they are doing it by regions with the highest case counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 02:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
As we begin contemplating "Lockdown for all eternity!!!" one of the things that really puzzles me is how the CDC, the WHO and other entities that supposedly have our best interests in mind keep blacklisting stuff that actually helps. HCQ helps and is not the most toxic substance known to man. People in Africa take it monthly to as a preventative measure against malaria and other diseases. If it were super dangerous as has been claimed, then how does it make sense to dose vast swaths of people in Sub-Saharan Africa with it one or more times per month? Then there's Ivermectin, which showed tremendous promise in clinical trials, but which has likewise been demonized as the most toxic substance known to man. Really? The miracle cure to river blindness and fairly awesome silver bullet antiviral is dangerous? Then why is it regularly administered to huge swaths of people with virtually no adverse affects??

Over and over and over again, a group of doctors foremost experts epidemiology and treatment of viral infection comes forward saying, "Hey everyone! We've just proven that this ridiculously inexpensive existing drug over here works insanely well on Covid-19!" only to be shouted down and silenced almost immediately. Any idiot knows that new drugs cost vastly more than older ones. Are we all being conned by big pharma into paying ludicrous sums of money just so they can get rich??

Relevant podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7uVXKgE6eLJKMXkETwcw0D and YouTube, Facebook and other big tech platforms will instantly ban it from being discussed. Joe Rogan's deal with Spotify prevents them from banning the discussion.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:42 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
These shots are experimental vaccines, you are the guinea pigs. Enjoy!
If the alternative is offering myself up as a petri dish for the Delta variant to experiment with, well...

Old 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As we begin contemplating "Lockdown for all eternity!!!" one of the things that really puzzles me is how the CDC, the WHO and other entities that supposedly have our best interests in mind keep blacklisting stuff that actually helps. HCQ helps and is not the most toxic substance known to man. People in Africa take it monthly to as a preventative measure against malaria and other diseases. If it were super dangerous as has been claimed, then how does it make sense to dose vast swaths of people in Sub-Saharan Africa with it one or more times per month? Then there's Ivermectin, which showed tremendous promise in clinical trials, but which has likewise been demonized as the most toxic substance known to man. Really? The miracle cure to river blindness and fairly awesome silver bullet antiviral is dangerous? Then why is it regularly administered to huge swaths of people with virtually no adverse affects??

Over and over and over again, a group of doctors foremost experts epidemiology and treatment of viral infection comes forward saying, "Hey everyone! We've just proven that this ridiculously inexpensive existing drug over here works insanely well on Covid-19!" only to be shouted down and silenced almost immediately. Any idiot knows that new drugs cost vastly more than older ones. Are we all being conned by big pharma into paying ludicrous sums of money just so they can get rich??

Relevant podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7uVXKgE6eLJKMXkETwcw0D and YouTube, Facebook and other big tech platforms will instantly ban it from being discussed. Joe Rogan's deal with Spotify prevents them from banning the discussion.
A really simple maxim: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. . Vaccines PREVENT serious illness. There is no need to rationalize risk with statistical inference, wonder about off label use of insecticides and malaria medication.

Old 07-03-2021, 03:24 PM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No I didn't muddy anything the 13 had their 2nd dose of a 2 dose (to get fully vaccinated ) vaccine regimen. 79 MILLION people had been vaccinated, so it is statistically insignificant (although significant for them and their families)

As stated, people die every day. Who knows if they died from the vaccination (I seriously-based on international numbers of vaccination doubt it)

42 deaths out of 79 million vaccinations is insignificant!

If they could document that of the 79 million people vaccinated, 12 millon of that group actually contracted and survived the DV, then I'll agree that 13 deaths is statistically insignificant. But that's not what he study says.

And for the record, not everyone that questions anything 'statistical' is an anti-vaxxer. Some us have come to learn that a good statistician can make numbers say what they need them to say... and a non-statistician reporter can completely muck that up.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:02 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A really simple maxim: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. . Vaccines PREVENT serious illness. There is no need to rationalize risk with statistical inference, wonder about off label use of insecticides and malaria medication.
Oh I did my presumed duty and got myself vaccinated. I'm not some antivaxxer moron. Granted, we're beta testers for vaccines that were rushed through, but it's what you do when there's a pandemic.

But I've seen a clear pattern: There happens to be drug X which happens to be dirt cheap shows tremendous promise. Several of the foremost experts in the treatment of disease, epidemiology and viruses come forward and say, "You know, we've done the legwork and this drug here works great!!" Within the week, they've been silenced, banned off of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and are being called evil conspiracy theorists by the established power-brokers in the medical community. These are the same powers-that-be that insisted that the Lab Leak Theory was pure nonsense, when they knew for a fact that it wasn't. We were told masks were useless when they knew for a fact that they were not. We'll be able to look back on the Covid-19 pandemic as the largest wealth transfer in modern history. And for some reason everyone implicitly trusts the proven liars at the CDC, the WHO and people like Anthony Fauci when they say, "Using that insanely cheap drug is super dangerous and must never be considered ever ever ever."

Why can't Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine at least be publicly debated by the experts?? Since when did the medical community become a theocratic regime where there was such a thing as an unquestionable orthodoxy?? I can sit through a long-form interview where Joe Rogan listens to medical and biological experts Dr. Bret Weinstein & Dr. Pierre Kory explain at great length how Ivermectin works incredibly well against Covid-19. Rather engaging in a public debate of between experts, these men are just silenced, removed from social media, and everyone is told "those men are heretics and what they're suggesting is evil." No further discussion is even allowed. How is it that treatment of a disease we barely understand can't even be discussed publicly? What response does the Papacy of Healthcare have for what is being claimed??

Old 07-03-2021, 04:40 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The link is from CNN. CNN makes Joseph Stalin look like a QAnon member in comparison.

I got my vaccine (Moderna) because I wanted my freedom back, not because I worship the Covid god. That, and my job arranged it for me through a local Walgreen's; I even walked there during my work time. Still, medical/science organizations forever lost their credibility: from the CDC (a subsidiary of George Soros, Inc.) to the Mayo Clinic. When the Democrats paid Facebook et al. to censor hydroxychloroquinine out of public view, that's when I smelled a rat. We could have reopened the economy by Easter 2020. But no!

I don't give a rat's a$$ if the Chineese People's Weekly published the article.

You can't take away Vanderbilt's reputation for science and medecine

Old 07-03-2021, 04:48 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Asthma alone is a crapshoot. One of my annoying colleagues has a relative with Asthma that got COVID and it was experienced as a mild cold. And there are those who got COVID with no sort of health issues and died a few hours after being admitted to the ER.

Vaccination status aside, my one theory for such seemingly drastically different outcomes is Vitamin D levels and overall nutritional reserves of other fat soluble vitamins.
Outcomes also related to weight, but then there was a new study. I'll have to see if I can find it, but it showed you have a greater chance of beating Covid if you are active, regardless of your weight. That may have something to do with more active people being outside more and having better Vitamin D levels.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:19 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The ivermectin seems to work. I have covid, and doing better since took it. I believe it’s the new strain delta by the symptoms I have. Never experienced this illness - not like the flu at all. The key I think is combatting inflammation. My numbers are good and oxygenating better but still congested in a weird way. I have to take the 2nd vax dose in 6 weeks now, and hope for the best. To me, better than doing nothing and pointing fingers. Maybe I’ll be ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I say this truthfully, I’m glad you are getting better and no lasting effects as well.
Me too. I'm very worried about tinytrump getting the last dose of the vaccine, though.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...cine-dose.html
Quote:
People who have recovered from COVID-19 had a robust antibody response after the first mRNA vaccine dose, but little immune benefit after the second dose, according to new research from the Penn Institute of Immunology. The findings, published today in Science Immunology, suggest only a single vaccine dose may be needed to produce a sufficient antibody response.
A more complete look, but tougher to read.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2101667

The above is referencing those who had SARS-COV 2 before getting their first shot, but it would be logical that this would apply to his/her situation. in addition, there are multiple reports of more serious side effects for those who received the second dose after having had SARS-COV 2 after their first dose. The second link does mention the increased incidence of those effects, but doesn't go into detail other than that the patients in the study didn't have to be hospitalized.

I would think that if his/her immunity is just as good as if he/she had had both shots, while there is an increased risk of serious side effects, he/she might want to rethink the second dose and at the least get a couple different opinions. Anecdotally, I've heard too many negative things about the overload. But... not my business.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:21 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think most people around the world who have a modicum of common sense are thinking:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Do you people who got the jab feel duped because you were told you wouldn't need to wear a mask, you were protected and you were protecting everyone around you? Now the dictators are telling you they were just kidding, none of that is true!

Remember, a lot of money is being made by BigPharma. Is it within the realm of possibility that they are giving out bonuses to politicians, who love money, for pushing this experimental drug on people?

I took the vaccine because I didn't to get sick, or die. And I sure as hell didn't want to be responsible for my even older relatives getting sick because of me.

I am educated and not an idiot, I was not duped and I sure as hell didn't listen to the crazy anti-vaxers that reside on this forum and other platfors

Just quit talking experimental!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies