Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 12:52 PM

5,857 posts, read 2,977,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think most people around the world who have a modicum of common sense are thinking:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Do you people who got the jab feel duped because you were told you wouldn't need to wear a mask, you were protected and you were protecting everyone around you? Now the dictators are telling you they were just kidding, none of that is true!

Remember, a lot of money is being made by BigPharma. Is it within the realm of possibility that they are giving out bonuses to politicians, who love money, for pushing this experimental drug on people?
Never let a crisis go to waste. Politicians love this phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 01:10 PM

30,207 posts, read 11,863,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I actually disagree with this premise, and it's the main reason I didn't get vaccinated. Chile is an unfortunate example of a country where they have a very high vaccination rate and continue to monkey with people's lives with lockdowns and so forth. I am firmly in the camp of "this goes away when we the people say it does."
Chile has a low quality vaccine. Countries with the better efficacy vaccines are doing much better than earlier in the year. Look at Israel. The countries with low efficacy vaccines or low vaccination rates mostly have higher numbers than early this year.

Clearly the good vaccines work well. And states that have low vaccination numbers are seeing spikes in new cases like Florida and Missouri for example. Florida has about 20% of all covid cases nationally. My thoughts would be elderly anti vaxx Floridians are causing the new case numbers.

My guess is in a month these states will be doing much worse than the higher vaccination states. We will see. So far all the prediction of the anti vaxx crowd have been totally wrong.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:13 PM

5,857 posts, read 2,977,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

My guess is in a month these states will be doing much worse than the higher vaccination states. We will see. So far all the prediction of the anti vaxx crowd have been totally wrong.
Time will tell who was right or wrong. When that time comes, vaccine companies will still have zero liability legally as they do today.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The link is from CNN. CNN makes Joseph Stalin look like a QAnon member in comparison.

I got my vaccine (Moderna) because I wanted my freedom back, not because I worship the Covid god. That, and my job arranged it for me through a local Walgreen's; I even walked there during my work time. Still, medical/science organizations forever lost their credibility: from the CDC (a subsidiary of George Soros, Inc.) to the Mayo Clinic. When the Democrats paid Facebook et al. to censor hydroxychloroquinine out of public view, that's when I smelled a rat. We could have reopened the economy by Easter 2020. But no!

Who worships the covid god?

I got my vaccine because I had covid in December and it was a nightmare. I want to avoid going through that again. But I waited until April because I wanted to see how it was doing in people. Clearly mass numbers of people were not dropping dead from the vaccine. Its a personal decision not a political statement.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:41 PM

47,022 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Do you people who got the jab feel duped because you were told you wouldn't need to wear a mask, you were protected and you were protecting everyone around you?
I'm kind of happy that the experts process and integrate new information as it becomes available, even if it means hey contradict previous stances. Out of curiosity - what do you suggest should be done with new information?

Old 07-03-2021, 01:47 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Chile has a low quality vaccine. Countries with the better efficacy vaccines are doing much better than earlier in the year. Look at Israel. The countries with low efficacy vaccines or low vaccination rates mostly have higher numbers than early this year.

Clearly the good vaccines work well. And states that have low vaccination numbers are seeing spikes in new cases like Florida and Missouri for example. Florida has about 20% of all covid cases nationally. My thoughts would be elderly anti vaxx Floridians are causing the new case numbers.

I don't think there are too many anti-vax elderly. Even the Republicans I know of that age were among the first in line. Most states outside the deep south have 85% or better of the >65 vaccinated. They also have very little illness and death in that age. The problem seems to be the younger people - 40 or less. Of course they are not going to get as sick statistically, though some will. Hospital rates have not come down much recently and virtually all the covid patients are unvaccinated and under 65. Totally preventable. The shot works even better with the younger groups.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:49 PM

4,681 posts, read 5,002,043 times
Quote:

Israel is reinstating restrictions despite high vaccination rates and very low transmission, so their experience supports my thesis. I didn't know that about the vaccine being used in Chile, so thanks for the clarification.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:53 PM

9,449 posts, read 11,204,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Every vaccine is experimental. That's how life works. We all serve as guinea pigs for successive generations in some aspects of life.

Maybe you'd like to introduce polio and the other multitude of diseases back into society and then we can just get rid of vaccines.
Typically vaccines undergo field trials of almost 11 years before being approved. These shots are experimental vaccines, you are the guinea pigs. Enjoy!

Old 07-03-2021, 02:06 PM

17,628 posts, read 13,415,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Evidence of that?

In the light of the fact that currently most Covid patients are unvaccinated - and by far the majority of Covid victims are unvaccinated - I'd say that you typed a dumb thing and should feel bad about doing so.

It's a virus. It really doesn't give a hoot about your mental attitude.

Sorry I cant rep you again.

No truer words have even been spoken

Old 07-03-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Time will tell who was right or wrong. When that time comes, vaccine companies will still have zero liability legally as they do today.

I have no issue with zero liability. If they had liability and the US government aka the tax payers was paying for the vaccine that cost would just be tacked onto the cost of the vaccine. And really all that would do is line the pockets of ambulance chasing lawyers.

Time will tell. But so far the vaccines have proven to be safe and effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies