Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 07:21 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What BS. You blame everything on schools but where are the parents. Don't they get involved with teaching their kids as well. Parents instill their values and their beliefs on their children. Or at least they should. So why blame schools. You're basically saying parents aren't doing their job
We homeschooled our two boys K-12. As someone who's done that - raised and educated children outside the school system, let me explain something you don't seem to be considering.

Yes, as a parent and particularly as a homeschooler, you instill your values and believes into your children. It's called "raising" them.

That said, parents aren't the only influence in a child's life, and children have a natural tendency to rebel against what their parents teach them.

A child's need to fit in, to find their place socially, is exceptionally powerful. The need to be accepted, especially at that age, is nearly impossible to overcome.

When faced with the choice of standing for some idea that's perceived to be antiquated and being ostracized from the group or agreeing with your friends and maintaining your place in the social hierarchy, which do you think a typical teenager will choose?

I'm doubtful that you even have kids. If I'm right, you should be really careful about how authoritatively you declare who's responsible for what, when it comes to how the kids were brought up into adulthood.

Yes. The schools did this. What we're facing today would have been impossible if it hadn't begun there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 07:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats are the new Big Government Control Freak Fasco-Communists. It is obvious but they Control the Media, Education, Tech, Social Media, Entertainment, Sports and now Corporate America so what do we get?

Subjugation, Oppression and Tyranny.

This ^^^^^

Old 07-03-2021, 07:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We homeschooled our two boys K-12. As someone who's done that - raised and educated children outside the school system, let me explain something you don't seem to be considering.

Yes, as a parent and particularly as a homeschooler, you instill your values and believes into your children. It's called "raising" them.

That said, parents aren't the only influence in a child's life, and children have a natural tendency to rebel against what their parents teach them.

A child's need to fit in, to find their place socially, is exceptionally powerful. The need to be accepted, especially at that age, is nearly impossible to overcome.

When faced with the choice of standing for some idea that's perceived to be antiquated and being ostracized from the group or agreeing with your friends and maintaining your place in the social hierarchy, which do you think a typical teenager will choose?

I'm doubtful that you even have kids. If I'm right, you should be really careful about how authoritatively you declare who's responsible for what, when it comes to how the kids were brought up into adulthood.

Yes. The schools did this. What we're facing today would have been impossible if it hadn't begun there.

Very well said.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:39 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
The marketing campaign, notice the date:

https://youtu.be/th3KE_H27bs

Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
When I see Obama all smiles with Farrakhan, and considering the former’s 20-year support of that Black Theology church and the latter’s hatred for Jews and whiteys, it makes me wonder to what degree Obama is behind the scenes, orchestrating the progress of his incomplete project to “transform America.”

Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Playwright, Charles Gordone wrote a peice titled "A quiet talk With Myself." In it he decribes a person who is very much the conservative Trump supporter of today. He wrote the play around 50 years ago.

He says;they are white Anglo Saxton Protestants,They believe the country can do no wrong, they condem black studies, hate Hippies,they say they were once poor and through ambition and guts pulled them selves up, they make a good wage, own their home, pay their bills on time, have car insurance ,life insurance, fire insurance, they have a bank account , loyal to their party, Kiawanis, Rotary, Elks, American Legion, Alumni Association, Church, Love my wife and don't have a mistress, .....ect,. And above all they hate change

The play is a litte tongue in cheek but what is ironic is that these individuals that he calls "public enemy number one" are ones he says give rise to that radical right and will hold the rule of law higher than Justice itself.

IMO Change is inevitable. My take is that in 50 years conservatives have not changed, but their oppostition and distrust of change has changed liberals. Liberals today are certainly not like the liberals of 50 years ago.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-03-2021 at 07:55 AM..

Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
this is one of the best threads on CD. great insight and info. insightful posters put into words what many want to know and are thinking. tks.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
We are not yet at that point, but a clear sign is when the “transformers” begin a campaign to confiscate all guns from the dissenters.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:56 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I see Obama all smiles with Farrakhan, and considering the former’s 20-year support of that Black Theology church and the latter’s hatred for Jews and whiteys, it makes me wonder to what degree Obama is behind the scenes, orchestrating the progress of his incomplete project to “transform America.”
Not just Farrakhan, but Obama’s long time mentor and “pastor”, Jeremiah Wright who preached hate, bigotry, and division.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:57 AM

25,749 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What BS. You blame everything on schools but where are the parents. Don't they get involved with teaching their kids as well. Parents instill their values and their beliefs on their children. Or at least they should. So why blame schools. You're basically saying parents aren't doing their job
Generally speaking...most of the time, but not implying any absolutes:

In Dem controlled urban areas, there's only 1 parent, and she is at work supporting the family.

The other parent is MIA...off doing drugs, & breaking laws repeatedly, because Dem policy allows it.

Thus, Dems ruined BOTH sides of the educational engine...parents & public schools.

There hasn't been a Pub in sight for 50 years in these urban cesspools.

Dems own America's educational decline. Affluent Pubs steer clear of Dem controlled areas' failed schools, and/or send their kids to private schools, or good schools in affluent Pub suburbs.

Poor, and middle class urban Dems, are trapped in the Liberal web of; drugs, death, destruction, looting, abortion, & after 20+ crimes...prison.

Libs will eventually imprison, & kill off too many of their own voters to win elections.

Black voters are waking up to the Lib policy trap. Trump got a LOT more black votes in 2020 than he got in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies