Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 12:31 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
BLM Founder: "WE ARE TRAINED MARXISTS".

And now there is literally a BLM sign in every yard in my Cities here (not joking).

So for you and the rest of the lefties to blatantly lie, well, most of us see through this.
There are BLM signs just blocks from my house in my very middle class neighborhood....it's mind boggling....BLM would be more than happy to march in to those houses and take them over if they thought there was something to be gained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 12:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
As the interpretation of reality by the power structure, ideology is always subordinated ultimately to the interests of the structure. Therefore, it has a natural tendency to disengage itself from reality, to create a world of appearances, to become ritual. In societies where there is public competition for power and therefore public control of that power, there also exists quite naturally public control of the way that power legitimates itself ideologically. Consequently, in such conditions there are always certain correctives that effectively prevent ideology from abandoning reality altogether. Under totalitarianism, however, these correctives disappear, and thus there is nothing to prevent ideology from becoming more and more removed from reality, gradually turning into what it has already become in the post-totalitarian system: a world of appearances, a mere ritual, a formalized language deprived of semantic contact with reality and transformed into a system of ritual signs that replace reality with pseudo-reality.

Yet, as we have seen, ideology becomes at the same time an increasingly important component of power, a pillar providing it with both excusatory legitimacy and an inner coherence. As this aspect grows in importance, and as it gradually loses touch with reality, it acquires a peculiar but very real strength. It becomes reality itself, albeit a reality altogether self-contained, one that on certain levels (chiefly inside the power structure) may have even greater weight than reality as such. Increasingly, the virtuosity of the ritual becomes more important than the reality hidden behind it. The significance of phenomena no longer derives from the phenomena themselves, but from their locus as concepts in the ideological context. Reality does not shape theory, but rather the reverse. Thus power gradually draws closer to ideology than it does to reality; it draws its strength from theory and becomes entirely dependent on it. This inevitably leads, of course, to a paradoxical result: rather than theory, or rather ideology, serving power, power begins to serve ideology. It is as though ideology had appropriated power from power, as though it had become dictator itself. It then appears that theory itself, ritual itself, ideology itself, makes decisions that affect people, and not the other way around.
https://hac.bard.edu/amor-mundi/the-...vel-2011-12-23

Old 07-03-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Writing next on Nov. 20, 1982, he struggles with "choice" — and whether he truly has choices in who he is and will be — attempting to explain further what he has meant by the word in past conversations with McNear.

"I use the word 'choice' as a convenient shorthand for the way my past resolves itself," he writes. "Not just my past, but the past of my ancestors, the planet, the universe."

The letters clearly show that for Obama, "writing is a form of discovery, a way of discovering himself and charting a future," Magee says. "He is looking to find his place and he doesn't neatly fit the categories that surround him, which is a concern to him, yet he also recognizes that it gives him a distinct perspective that he is grappling with."

Attempting to lay out his thoughts about power, he writes in depth about sex, class and race, and the relationships among them.

From his own thinking and books he's been reading, he expresses his concern about the role Western men have played in subjugating others, "the ideology they present is backed by a very real power; it's a symbiotic relationship that, in a limited time frame, can be said to 'work' for them."

https://news.emory.edu/features/2017/10/obama-letters/

This is how you know he’s an ideologue, I mean if there wasn’t already enough evidence. Not only did Obama see himself as a victim back then, he continued to see himself as a victim of a “rigged” system from the Oval Office.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
BLM Founder: "WE ARE TRAINED MARXISTS".

And now there is literally a BLM sign in every yard in my Cities here (not joking).

So for you and the rest of the lefties to blatantly lie, well, most of us see through this.
While I know outsiders view Red States as being quite highly bad and undesirable places to live in, you, no doubt, need to move to one of those states to get away from all that. One can be left of center and be very happy in a Red State. And even happier right of center.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
There are BLM signs just blocks from my house in my very middle class neighborhood....it's mind boggling....BLM would be more than happy to march in to those houses and take them over if they thought there was something to be gained.
While I know outsiders view Red States as being quite highly bad and undesirable places to live in, you, no doubt, need to move to one of those states to get away from all that. One can be left of center and be very happy in a Red State. And even happier right of center.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:11 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm stuck here. It's a blue state but at least better than some of them.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:12 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You can't refute my statement - the statement of one of the founders of BLM: "We are trained Marxists". And every person dumb enough to put one of those signs in their yards is tacitly endorsing communism - an ideological system that produced 100 million (and counting) corpses.

So please don't sit here and claim that America hasn't bee overrun with communist ideology.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:44 PM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
You can't refute my statement - the statement of one of the founders of BLM: "We are trained Marxists". And every person dumb enough to put one of those signs in their yards is tacitly endorsing communism - an ideological system that produced 100 million (and counting) corpses.

So please don't sit here and claim that America hasn't bee overrun with communist ideology.
They probably truly don't see it happening. What they see is what is told to them..."fairness", "equity", "inclusion", etc.

And those that don't agree ....well they will either ignore them or cancel them.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:48 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
I wasn't sure what the OP was talking about but this section from an article I just read explains it succinctly.

"White evangelical Protestants are at a very dangerous place in their history today. They have been accustomed to being in the majority, as part of the mainstream of American culture. They find themselves increasingly out of step with the country in terms of their beliefs and their attitudes. Their children and grandchildren are disaffiliating from white evangelical churches. It is a shrinking movement.

The danger then becomes that if part of your worldview depends on the belief that America is a Christian nation — and not just a Christian nation but really a Protestant nation — and moreover that your group are rightful inheritors of that country, and you add in leaders telling you that your country is being unfairly taken away from you, it all becomes a very dangerous powder keg. Such beliefs can lead to extraordinary responses. I believe that the extremes of this view are violent. We should take that very seriously."

Old 07-03-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I wasn't sure what the OP was talking about but this section from an article I just read explains it succinctly.

"White evangelical Protestants are at a very dangerous place in their history today. They have been accustomed to being in the majority, as part of the mainstream of American culture. They find themselves increasingly out of step with the country in terms of their beliefs and their attitudes. Their children and grandchildren are disaffiliating from white evangelical churches. It is a shrinking movement.

The danger then becomes that if part of your worldview depends on the belief that America is a Christian nation — and not just a Christian nation but really a Protestant nation — and moreover that your group are rightful inheritors of that country, and you add in leaders telling you that your country is being unfairly taken away from you, it all becomes a very dangerous powder keg. Such beliefs can lead to extraordinary responses. I believe that the extremes of this view are violent. We should take that very seriously."
What, are we suppose to argue against some invisible person from unsourced quote? You people are unbelievable. You will dismiss outright the literal words from someone’s mouth if it doesn’t comport with your ideology and then go an show us all a quote without even sourcing it.

I have yet to see one person give a crap about the demographics changes except the left. They seem obsessed with it.

What we are talking about is changing the economic and political system of the US without a vote. Without a candidate that ran on it and with one party claiming the moral authority to wage ideological war on the other through their children.

Did you have a response for that? You’re good with all that or did you have something else to try and derail the thread and facts that have already been presented? Do you have an opinion on “stakeholder capitalism?” How about the WEF pandemic trial run two months prior to the pandemic? What about the shadowy cabal of business leaders, government officials, media and NGOs finding a mutual narrative regarding coronavirus and treatments that is diametrically opposed to actual science? Science doesn’t have a consensus of anything and science operates under the assumption that it always questions itself for objective truth and that anyone from anywhere around the world can reproduce the experiment and results. It’s universal truths. What do you think about universal truths? Are you for or against those?

Anything at all on any of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies