Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 04:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
I remember my Father in the 60s when I was young... and he was a Dem... crying about them bringing in NEW MATH to our Public Schools..... also I remember the term Social Studies came in over just History. Some more strict Christians did not like the fact Egyptian to Greek and Roman Cultures and to China even were being taught more..... they were all PAGAN culture yet taught as Truly Vibrant Cultures and Empires the yes did fall.

Add even in the 60s Civil Rights coming in and Laws passed... into the 70s too.... OMG the BIG KAHOONA of White Southern Democrats..... after even the Dixiecrats...... began to change FASTER and FASTER to the Republican Party that was ANTI-Civil Rights and Womens Lib as it was called then.... I was too young to understand much yet... but clearly did more in the 70s.

There is a reason even Politicians like George Wallace was - the dying breed of Southern Dems as the BIG SWITCH CAME THEN. Wallace as still a DEM was PRO-JIM CROW laws basically and ANTI-Civil Rights and of course FOR Segregation today and forever as he said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

From the wiki link.

- George Wallace a Gov of Alabama - was an American politician who served as the 45th governor of Alabama for four terms.

- A member of the "Democratic Party", he is best remembered for his staunch segregationist and populist views.

- During his tenure, he promoted "industrial development, low taxes, and trade schools".

- Wallace sought the United States presidency as a Democrat three times, and once as an American Independent Party candidate, unsuccessfully each time.

- Wallace opposed desegregation and supported the policies of "Jim Crow" during the Civil Rights Movement, declaring in his 1963 inaugural address that he stood for "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever

ONE CAN SEE HOW A DEM AND HIS IDEALS DO NOT WORK TODAY.....

You see.... there is NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.... we just keep rehashing our same issues and not solving them and BLAMING PARTIES. Just TODAY THAT DEMONIZING Goes to CONSPIRACY THEORIES and DEEP STATE to ONE WORLD ORDER and WHITE vs BLACK and IMMIGRANTS BAD and ...... to same any kind... knowing we are not going to get European White immigrants hardly anymore. So best to shut off the spigot to them......

You see << Wallace was a TRUE OLD SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT that is practically extinct.

LEARN HISTORY <----=

So you’ve aligned yourself with people who are against rights and specifically the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

That makes a lot of sense… Or are you one of those people who doesn’t have a clue what Critical Race Theory is and you’re just spouting off irrelevant nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 04:25 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Do a search for the "Going Direct Reset" approved by central bankers in response to their acknowledgement that the financial system is on life support. Looking at the recent past and Dem. policy maneuvers through this lens may bring many things into focus. You will need to pick a side: freedom or servitude.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:38 PM

1,803 posts, read 936,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So you’ve aligned yourself with people who are against rights and specifically the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

That makes a lot of sense… Or are you one of those people who doesn’t have a clue what Critical Race Theory is and you’re just spouting off irrelevant nonsense?
Sorry BigJon. My post never insinuate I am on the Far-Right. As a Moderate I can vote both ways and have.

Sorry if my providing a example of a TRUE OLD SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT. Yet in the 60s as a DEM... and could believe in Jim-Crow Laws and Anti-Civil Rights. This is not me sorry.

Some on the Far Right still say oh... even the KKK were Democrats.... umm I say. Going many decades back as a True Old Souther Dem otlr Dixiecrat back-in-a-day....

Today absolutely not. . The Old Souther Dem is truely dead as Kennedy and Johnson destroyed that union and The BIG SWITCH in Party occurred.

I disagree with those promoting Conspiracies from the Big steal to Deep State chipping by vaccines and becoming magnetic to the Q beliefs revealed theories.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:00 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,686 times
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Obama isn't orchestrating anything. He's no leader and was following orders. And he's still doing that today.
Biden re-opened and expanded what Obama did and Trump shut down.

You thought the border crisis was bad under Obama...it's the Wild West down there now as Biden expanded what Obama started only now...no court orders, no applications, local law enforcement are forbidden to deal with illegals and they get a bus/plane ticket to wherever they want in the US.

Globally Biden is promising tax dollars for everyone in poor countries.

And it goes on and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Somebody gets it. This is why I have no hate for Biden or Obama or the Clintons. They are just doing what they are told. If I have any hate in my heart for someone in politics, it will be the Bush family and a little bit of Nixon, since it seems all our current roads lead back to these two major influences.
MS 13 is coming to your town...

Old 07-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Sorry BigJon. My post never insinuate I am on the Far-Right. As a Moderate I can vote both ways and have.

Sorry if my providing a example of a TRUE OLD SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT. Yet in the 60s as a DEM... and could believe in Jim-Crow Laws and Anti-Civil Rights. This is not me sorry.

Some on the Far Right still say oh... even the KKK were Democrats.... umm I say. Going many decades back as a True Old Souther Dem otlr Dixiecrat back-in-a-day....

Today absolutely not. . The Old Souther Dem is truely dead as Kennedy and Johnson destroyed that union and The BIG SWITCH in Party occurred.

I disagree with those promoting Conspiracies from the Big steal to Deep State chipping by vaccines and becoming magnetic to the Q beliefs revealed theories.
A lot of babbling and you said nothing. I don’t care what side of the isle you’re on. Are you for the constitution of the US or not? That’s a fairly simple question.

Quote:
A. What Is Critical Race Theory?
The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transform- ing the relationship among race, racism, and power. The movement considers many of the same issues that conventional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, but places them in a broader perspective that includes economics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feel- ings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights, which embraces incrementalism and step-by-step progress, critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.
https://uniteyouthdublin.files.wordp...okfi-org-1.pdf

There’s no other way to interpret that other than: They’re activist. They think of themselves as a movement. They don’t believe in anything related to our constitution and they don’t believe in incremental change. What do they want to replace it with? They’re not very clear but to the point they are it will be an “illiberal” order.

And just in case that’s not clear enough for you:

Quote:
Crits are also highly suspicious of another liberal mainstay, namely, rights.
Same link above.

So there’s not a fence to stand on. When Kendi said you’re either anti-racist or racist. That’s a declaration of “war” in the way they’ve framed their arguments. That’s join us or else. We’re changing the constitution and you won’t be voting on that. There’s no room to be “colorblind” and as we can see there is no room for thought crimes. Probably to the point where they need precensorship:

Quote:
Withdrawal of tolerance from regressive movements before they can become active; intolerance even toward thought, opinion, and word, and finally, intolerance in the opposite direction, that is, toward the self-styled conservatives, to the political Right--these anti-democratic notions respond to the actual development of the democratic society which has destroyed the basis for universal tolerance. The conditions under which tolerance can again become a liberating and humanizing force have still to be created. When tolerance mainly serves the protection and preservation of a repressive society, when it serves to neutralize opposition and to render men immune against other and better forms of life, then tolerance has been perverted. And when this perversion starts in the mind of the individual, in his consciousness, his needs, when heteronomous interests occupy him before he can experience his servitude, then the efforts to counteract his dehumanization must begin at the place of entrance, there where the false consciousness takes form (or rather: is systematically formed)--it must begin with stopping the words and images which feed this consciousness. To be sure, this is censorship, even precensorship
https://www.marcuse.org/herbert/publ...-fulltext.html

Is this any more clear to you now?

Old 07-03-2021, 05:03 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What BS. You blame everything on schools but where are the parents. Don't they get involved with teaching their kids as well. Parents instill their values and their beliefs on their children. Or at least they should. So why blame schools. You're basically saying parents aren't doing their job
I have heard more than a few testimonials from people who thought they were good parents raising good kids, and then they go off to college and come back as America hating radicals. Eighteen years of thinking they raised smart kids only to have it all undone in a few months by liars with Masters degrees, spouting Marxist Utopian ideals.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:14 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Banning CRT is a good thing. But it is too little, too late. The gate was left open years ago and the horse is long gone.
I don't want some befuddled politician who hasn't been in a school in years banning what theories can be taught in school, especially when said politician has no real clue as to what they are even banning.

This gets even more ridiculous at the higher grade levels when critical thinking, for students to sort out the plausibility of various theories, should already be in place. If not, that's the bigger failure. But it doesn't work out well when politicians with no educational background start dictating curriculum.

Last edited by Jowel; 07-03-2021 at 05:33 PM..

Old 07-03-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I don't want some befuddled politician who hasn't been in a school in years banning what theories can be taught in school.

This gets even more ridiculous at the higher grade levels when critical thinking, for students to sort out the plausibility of various theories, should already be in place. If not, that's the bigger failure. But it doesn't work out well when politicians with no educational background start dictating curriculum.
Oh, they got an answer for you too:

Quote:
Philosophers of education have long made the distinction between critical thinking and critical pedagogy. Both literatures appeal to the value of being “critical” in the sense that instructors should cultivate in students a more cautious approach to accepting common beliefs at face value. Both traditions share the concern that learners generally lack the ability to spot inaccurate, misleading, incomplete, or blatantly false claims. They also share a sense that learning a particular set of critical skills has a corrective, humanizing, and liberatory effect. The traditions, however, part ways over their definition of “critical.” To be critical is to show good judgment in recognizing when arguments are faulty, assertions lack evidence, truth claims appeal to unreliable sources, or concepts are sloppily crafted and applied. For critical thinkers, the problem is that people fail to “examine the assumptions, commitments, and logic of daily life . . . the basic problem is irrational, illogical, and unexamined living” (Burbules and Berk 1999, 46). In this tradition sloppy claims can be identified and fixed by learning to apply the tools of formal and informal logic correctly.

Critical pedagogy begins from a different set of assumptions rooted in the neo-Marxian literature on critical theory commonly associated with the Frankfurt School. Here, the critical learner is someone who is empowered and motivated to seek justice and emancipation. Critical pedagogy regards the claims that students make in response to social-justice issues not as propositions to be assessed for their truth value, but as expressions of power that function to re- inscribe and perpetuate social inequalities. Its mission is to teach students ways of identifying and mapping how power shapes our understandings of the world. This is the first step toward resisting and transforming social injustices. By interrogating the politics of knowledge-production, this tradition also calls into question the uses of the accepted critical-thinking toolkit to determine epistemic adequacy. To extend Audre Lorde’s classic metaphor, the tools of the critical-thinking tradition (for example, validity, soundness, conceptual clarity) cannot dismantle the master’s house: they can temporarily beat the master at his own game, but they can never bring about any enduring structural change (Lorde 1984, 112).
https://www.researchgate.net/profile...ication_detail

Once again they have someone believing their words when they’ve changed the meanings of those words to mean something else entirely. You think they’re teaching critical thinking and they’re teaching critical pedagogy that’s not interested in facts, just power.

So there’s your breakdown of critical thinking and the fault of that lies directly in the hands of the people proposing your new (illiberal) world order.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have heard more than a few testimonials from people who thought they were good parents raising good kids, and then they go off to college and come back as America hating radicals. Eighteen years of thinking they raised smart kids only to have it all undone in a few months by liars with Masters degrees, spouting Marxist Utopian ideals.
In my family is a strong free thinker. He was writing his thesis that Thomas Jefferson was a conservative. His professor did not accept that and wanted him to completely change it and rewrite it . He refused. The professor said he was hostile and they send an e-mail that he was no longer welcome. He sued the NYC University and three liberal judges sided with them and he was refused entry to finish getting his masters.

Free Thinkers are not allowed to think other than what the left tells them to think.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:13 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
A lot of babbling and you said nothing. I don’t care what side of the isle you’re on. Are you for the constitution of the US or not? That’s a fairly simple question.

https://uniteyouthdublin.files.wordp...okfi-org-1.pdf

There’s no other way to interpret that other than: They’re activist. They think of themselves as a movement. They don’t believe in anything related to our constitution and they don’t believe in incremental change. What do they want to replace it with? They’re not very clear but to the point they are it will be an “illiberal” order.

And just in case that’s not clear enough for you:

Same link above.

So there’s not a fence to stand on. When Kendi said you’re either anti-racist or racist. That’s a declaration of “war” in the way they’ve framed their arguments. That’s join us or else. We’re changing the constitution and you won’t be voting on that. There’s no room to be “colorblind” and as we can see there is no room for thought crimes. Probably to the point where they need precensorship:

https://www.marcuse.org/herbert/publ...-fulltext.html

Is this any more clear to you now?
Are you on the leeward or windward side of the isle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies