Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 08:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times

Advertisements

Somewhat unrelated, but we live in a rural corner of Austin. We don’t get many knocks on our door. A few years ago a Beto o’Rourke canvasser came to our door, ignored the “No Soliciting” sign, and rang the doorbell.

Hilarity ensued as my husband proceeded to break down every campaign promise of Beto, quote state gun death figures that contradicted what they were stating, and tell the guy exactly WHY our house would not be voting for Beto. The guy ran-walked away, having learned a tough lesson about respecting “No Soliciting” signs. Hahaha.

We’re both fully vaxxed, but someone coming to our door to talk to us about it would face a very similar verbal firehose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 08:35 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ya' know, that does raise a question. Once your name is on a list as refusing for sure, what will come after?
Refusing what? They aren't going over to houses with loaded syringes. They're hiring yahoos to yap about the benefits of the vaccine and leave brochures. I'm not sure who would take that job because they are going into the sketchy inner city and rural areas.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
Honestly, where do you think the government gets the statistics for the vaccine numbers? Also, Hippa is now a thing of the past.
From what I read the distribution and number of vaccines are reported to CDC. Individuals names, addresses, phone numbers and immunization history is not. Immunizations can be set to the state databases by the medical facility responsible for an immunization. State. May be. Whether a particular state shares this database with CDC is determined by a particular state. The legalities of sharing private medical information in this manner has not yet been legally challenged.
In my mind counting how many vaccines went where and how many were given is not the same as the federal government having a giant data base of every individuals personal information and medical records. Maybe in your mind it is the same, IDK.

So link legislation to the removal of HIPPA? I know for a fact I cant not get another persons medical information.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Refusing what? They aren't going over to houses with loaded syringes. They're hiring yahoos to yap about the benefits of the vaccine and leave brochures. I'm not sure who would take that job because they are going into the sketchy inner city and rural areas.
Probably people who live in sketchy inner cities and rural areas that want to make 27$/hr. knocking on doors, or not.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No, but these forums lean right. Because it’s mostly Americans on an American website.
It doesn't look like most Americans lean right. It's certainly a mixed bag, and the definition of 'right' seems to be in a state of flux these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Huh? I’m not wasting my time and energy going to the door and talking to some government official to lecture me on a vaccine I’ve already received.
You don't receive guests courteously when they arrive at your door? I get that you don't have to answer the door to people you don't know, but we shouldn't waste their valuable time standing outside waiting.

The decent thing to do would be to say "thanks for your service, I have already taken the vaccine and I appreciate what you are doing, good luck in your work and stay safe!" ... allowing them to swiftly move on and help others.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do the math and figure out how much it will cost taxpayers "just to listen" to what most people already know.
And to be fair ...as opposed to the census, they won't be going to every household so the figures can be cut according to the percentages. Still enormous boondoggle
What's Breitbart got to do with it?
Whoops!Allow this to correct several of my posts.....
they WILL be going door to door.
Jack that cost up by billions.

“ I suppose, but I think what’s important for people to know …. is that the federal government does not have a database of who’s been vaccinated. That is not our role. We don’t maintain a database along those lines, and we have plans to,” Psaki said."
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...ral-government

Is that part a Freudian slip?

Old 07-09-2021, 08:48 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok so we have established there is a way to voluntarily enter the names of those who have received the vaccine into a database used by the CDC. My state was not available on this site. Actually only a few states were. So again, how does the federal government and its officials know who has not been vaccinated?

Of course I could not use the VAMS so I dont know what details are included.

I mistyped a part of it. What I meant to say was that VAMS is the system you log in to print your certificate. In the early months of vaccine roll out even if you did not make the appointment personally on VAMS, the person who entered the details did enter it on VAMS. So when I went in to get my Pfizer vaccine the healthcare worker pulled up the VAMS and saw my details, verified that I had no allergies and not had any other recent vaccinations and gave me the shot ( I could see all that since i am in healthcare).

I don't know if things have changed since March 2021 but details of all early vaccinations are with CDC. And I think the health departments have to report those vaccination data to CDC and can't keep it to itself.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I mistyped a part of it. What I meant to say was that VAMS is the system you log in to print your certificate. In the early months of vaccine roll out even if you did not make the appointment personally on VAMS, the person who entered the details did enter it on VAMS. So when I went in to get my Pfizer vaccine the healthcare worker pulled up the VAMS and saw my details, verified that I had no allergies and not had any other recent vaccinations and gave me the shot ( I could see all that since i am in healthcare).

I don't know if things have changed since March 2021 but details of all early vaccinations are with CDC. And I think the health departments have to report those vaccination data to CDC and can't keep it to itself.
Not what I read on the CDC site or my state site, etc. Can you link where CDC says all health departments across the US have reported the private medical information of every individual?

Old 07-09-2021, 08:59 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Not what I read on the CDC site or my state site, etc. Can you link where CDC says all health departments across the US have reported the private medical information of every individual?
They wouldn't admit if they did.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:00 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:

I don't know past March 2021 but earlier than that I could see where the healthcare worker who logged into VAMS from their end had all the details that I entered in order to set my appointment with VAMS. In fact, a family person clicked wrongly that she had allergies and the person wanted to know what and the family member had to sheepishy admit she clicked it wrongly and had no allergies.

As I said I don't know past March 2021 if VAMS is still the site used by all. Maybe the health departments are keeping vaccination data to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies