Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 01:14 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No one is going to force you to get a vaccine. Geez. So much drama over nothing.
Think about this! Yeah it’s very simple and direct but it makes a lot of sense. file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/e0/00/6625D8E0-AD16-4416-B14C-633B3517B7E3/IMG_8741.heic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 01:25 AM

16,079 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Look at the poll results.

This is what you Europeans and Canadians just can't get through your thick heads. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp but it never gets through.

Americans don't want the government in their life, the least amount as possible. If some bureaucrat showed up at my door to talk to me about a vaccine I've already had I'd just go to the door, no open it, and rack my 12 gauge. That would get rid of him real quick.
Haha, the poll results only show that the majority of people on THIS THREAD don't want the govt' doing this.
Do you truly think the people on this thread are representative of the real world, and if so why isn't Trump still in office?

Old 07-09-2021, 03:18 AM

3,849 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No, an "actual enumeration" is called for in the Constitution.

Which means, "Count how many people live here".

Our present census does far more than that, checking up on people's raaace, employment, pay rates, education, and more than a dozen other things... with NO authorization from the Constitution.
Good point.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:33 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
I still want to know the cost.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:34 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Sorry I can't rep you AGAIN.

As I have said before in other threads, about ten years ago, I became "hooked" on conspiracy websites, but that "addiction" did not last more than a few months before I realized that at least 95% of those theories were absolute garbage, imo. However, as a result of being so gullible in the past, I am now very leery of falling for any ridiculous theory ever again.

But now that being said, I echo the bolded in the first paragraph. I am literally shaking my head as I am writing this -- I can't BELIEVE that I am writing this! -- but the government truly does seem to be desperately pushing these injections to the point of even offering bribes in an effort to get people to take the injections. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...on/5132202001/ And then you combine that fact with the CDC telling one lie after another about several things pertaining to COVID, and now the government is actually recruiting people to knock on the doors of those who haven't vaccinated yet to "educate" them about COVID and the vaccines, and then you add all of this to the 2020 election night shenanigans in several states that has led many people to think that there was election fraud . . . *

Well, to say it again, I cannot believe that I am once again even for a minute considering the "impossible" might actually be happening -- that our government is actively working against its citizenry in ways too terrible for most of us to even imagine.

The only thing I disagree with in your post above is that I can believe that most people are not "fighting it". I think that most people continue to believe that the government only has the citizenry's best interest at heart and that anyone who doubts that is crazy. Such people, imo, are simply unaware of some other countries' history or they think that it can't happen here.

I just very, very, very much hope that I am being completely and unnecessarily paranoid!!
(And that a year from now that I will be shaking my head at MYSELF for ever writing such a stupid post!)

*And, no, I am not going to "go there" as far as debating the election results with anyone. Whatever the truth is, I have accepted that the Biden administration is here to stay for 3.5 more years in one form or another. The Democrats are in control now, and in my opinion, they will do whatever it takes to stay in control.

P.S. On Edit: And as if I don't already have the above taking up space in my mind, I just now found THIS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...da-california/

(And here is the thread pertaining to that: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ce-coming.html)
You're giving "most people" far too much credit.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:38 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm very pro-vaccination, however all this door to door stuff is over the top. Everyone who wants the vaccine has more than likely already received it, so leave the rest alone. Just to mess with them I think I'll pin a note to my door. Knock if you know Trump won .
Excellent!

Old 07-09-2021, 03:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times

Old 07-09-2021, 05:30 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The jobs are showing up on Indeed...WA pays $27/hour

Old 07-09-2021, 06:06 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The jobs are showing up on Indeed...WA pays $27/hour
And it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bonus for each person they convinced to actually take the vaccine.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:07 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
And while Biden's government is there they will look for red hates, guns and Fox News mugs.

Once they find these, they will make a super special database for future use against those people.
Funny thing, they won't find that anywhere on my properties in plain sight. Guns are hidden away, I have no Trump or GOP signs, or in fact any political signs at all and I am a registered NPA as well, so good luck using the voter registry to find us. I'm a constitutional libertarian and we don't exactly have a flag or a real face that represents us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies