Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 10:25 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think people just want to soothe themselves by finding evidence that government vaccine lists aren't happening or are not going to happen. We are going through a process here and there are stages. Some will never fully accept certain things can happen or are happening here because of "rules" and America the free.. Later this kind of thing will be viewed as needed for the common good like the Patriot Act.
Some Americans right now are even advocating for mandatory vaccinations for all. For that you need a list.
You don't think they'll have that list once the door to door campaign is done?
What other early good is spending in the neighborhood of over $2 1/2 Billion for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
The government doesn't have a database of people who have received the shot.

That would be quite a violation of hipaa laws.
They don't need one...door to door means door to door.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:32 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Look at the poll results.

This is what you Europeans and Canadians just can't get through your thick heads. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp but it never gets through.

Americans don't want the government in their life, the least amount as possible. If some bureaucrat showed up at my door to talk to me about a vaccine I've already had I'd just go to the door, no open it, and rack my 12 gauge. That would get rid of him real quick.
The POC forum on City-Data is not remotely an accurate reflection of the American public as a whole. That's not such a hard concept for people to get through their thick heads yet somehow, it never gets through.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:34 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Some months ago I started getting text messages from local hospital to schedule my vaccination. I went to their ER to get a ring cut off my swollen finger. With the third text, I answered them back leave me alone and no more texts. They had my name and phone number although they had no idea if I had been vaccinated at a CVS.

Then got another text from some organization seeking to help minorities in disadvantaged community find a site for vaccination. Where did they get my name and number? From the hospital? Texted them back leave me alone.

There used to be a HHS site tracking Medicare beneficiaries flu vaccinations by State and Counties. It was taken down during the Trump Administration. Hmmm. Medicare doesn't know who (names) has gotten what vaccines, and other procedures? How? By CLAIMS submitted. Health Insurance Companies don't have same information?

The Government cannot find out this information on unvaccinated individuals? I do think they CAN.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:37 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You don't think they'll have that list once the door to door campaign is done?
What other early good is spending in the neighborhood of over $2 1/2 Billion for?
How will they get the list from going door to door? Most people will not even answer the door or answer the questions accurately or at all.

They think they can convince people in low income areas (people they see as stupid, many of them minorities) to get the vaccination by using sales pitch tactics. Like when travellers here convinced a bunch of people to hire them for repair jobs because of the great bargain price. People fell for it but most didn't.

Biden wants to be the guy who gets the numbers up so it looks good for him and the dems. If vaccination rates are going way down and target is not reached or exceeded they are gonna go harder. It is worrying.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How noble. Just understand that no matter what you do when they arrive, you are at risk for contracting COVID and dying, no matter what "mitigation" measures you take.
Spare me. You don't give a damn about me, and if I recall correctly you were one of those who was publicly downplaying the dangers of COVID right on this forum following Donald J Numbskulls lead. Half a million dead Americans later you are trying to do what here? ... scare me from answering my door?

People need to get vaccinated. Plenty of people are scared of it because they have been played by people like you. The vaccine is a positive good for the entire community, including you and including me.

The more people who get vaccinated the better off we all are, and it is always voluntary so the best we can do is make it easy for people and explain the benefits and risks. If going door to door is what it takes then damn it I applaud the people who are willing to do that and face off with the many naysayers and jackasses out there.
What happened to "my body, my choice"? ....
You can do with your body whatever the hell you want, and this is not being forced upon anyone, certainly not being forced upon you. People need to be helped if necessary and encouraged if possible to take the vaccine. This is public service.

People are still dying. Doing nothing is not an option.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Pfizer is now talking about a booster because they see immunity waning from their vaccine.

These door to door "motivators" won't do any good if people need boosters every 6 months.
I agree. Esp Boosters that may not work for one or all of the variants, esp this "epsilon," one thats being reported now.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How will they get the list from going door to door? Most people will not even answer the door or answer the questions accurately or at all.

They think they can convince people in low income areas (people they see as stupid, many of them minorities) to get the vaccination by using sales pitch tactics. Like when travellers here convinced a bunch of people to hire them for repair jobs because of the great bargain price. People fell for it but most didn't.

Biden wants to be the guy who gets the numbers up so it looks good for him and the dems. If vaccination rates are going way down and target is not reached or exceeded they are gonna go harder. It is worrying.
. I think MOST that have had it will be happy to say so.
On answering the door? I admit to being biased by never having lived in a place where almost everybody would. So, you may have a good point.
But hell, that makes it even a bigger boondoggle, doesn't it?

Old 07-09-2021, 10:48 AM

4,671 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The POC forum on City-Data is not remotely an accurate reflection of the American public as a whole. That's not such a hard concept for people to get through their thick heads yet somehow, it never gets through.
How far off do you think it is, and what are your main data points for believing so, if I may ask? I think it's a pretty decent cross-section. There was a poll on whether people will take the vaccine, and it was pretty similar to (what have ended up being) the actual numbers. Maybe you have other data points I haven't considered.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:01 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
How far off do you think it is, and what are your main data points for believing so, if I may ask? I think it's a pretty decent cross-section. There was a poll on whether people will take the vaccine, and it was pretty similar to (what have ended up being) the actual numbers. Maybe you have other data points I haven't considered.
I agree at least in the Politics and Other Controversies Section on Vaccines. Maybe not so much in Current Events or Health and Wellness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies