Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 10:23 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The shooters appear to have been better than average shots. Maybe they were police officers.

( I am currently binging on The Shield ( 2002-8) on HULU and may be biased).

Then again, people don’t tend to hang out in front of Cook County Jail, as they do in parks, on streets etc.
They likely shot him from point blank range and cops are typically not very good shots compared to rec shooters.

If it were cops they wouldn't have brought two car loads of dudes and given the volume of shots I'd suspect that this may have been his own gang.

They weren't hanging out waiting, they knew he was getting out and roughly when which isn't hard to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 10:30 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
One down.....

Old 07-13-2021, 10:32 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
That was the stuff of mob movies, man. 64 shots? Poor guy was reduced to a slice of Swiss cheese. He was safer in jail. lol.
LOL, yeah, no kidding.

Reminds me of when Sonny Corleone got taken out.

Some real brazen BS to be pulling right in front of a jail apparently.

My first gut thought, was good, one less criminal out there, but I don't know, on a human level what is happening to people and how this goes on is just awful. It's a tragic waste of life, again, this guy chose a life of crime, yeah, I know, it's not that simple and he might have been given a bad hand in life blah blah blah, I get that too.

Again, the whole thing is just awful.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They likely shot him from point blank range and cops are typically not very good shots compared to rec shooters.

If it were cops they wouldn't have brought two car loads of dudes and given the volume of shots I'd suspect that this may have been his own gang.

They weren't hanging out waiting, they knew he was getting out and roughly when which isn't hard to find out.
It was obviously highly personal and someone wanted that dude dead, I mean eff ing dead, LOL.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:41 AM

9,982 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It was obviously highly personal and someone wanted that dude dead, I mean eff ing dead, LOL.
And probably not just meant for him but also as a stern message to others. And perhaps to law enforcement too: "We can do this right in front of your house and you can't stop us. We own this town, not you."

Old 07-13-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And probably not just meant for him but also as a stern message to others. And perhaps to law enforcement too: "We can do this right in front of your house and you can't stop us. We own this town, not you."
Yeah, wondering if he ratted someone out, like mathguy said, maybe someone in his own gang, could be a good reason to go so heavy on the guy.

Like you say, send a message.

We can't let things like this go on like this. This is third world nation stuff when criminals are this brazen and feel empowered enough to try and intimidate law enforcement.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The two car loads were not parked out front. The occupants knew exactly when he was walking out the door. Tr

What we don’t know is how many rounds were fired. Might have been hundreds and 60 hit the target? Regardless, the shooters intended to make a point and they did.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, wondering if he ratted someone out, like mathguy said, maybe someone in his own gang, could be a good reason to go so heavy on the guy.

Like you say, send a message.

We can't let things like this go on like this. This is third world nation stuff when criminals are this brazen and feel empowered enough to try and intimidate law enforcement.
Well Cook County just re-elected its haplessly corrupt, haplessly incompetent, pro-criminal state's attorney by double digits. So not it only will it continue, but it will do so with the overwhelming approval of the voting public.

That's what's so frustrating about living around here. Not only is the plane spiraling toward the ground, but the passengers in the cabin are giving the drunken pilots an enthusiastic round of applause. And that's why we've started working with an out-of-state realtor -- it's time to bail as there appears to be no realistic prospect of reform any time within our lifetime.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:08 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Well Cook County just re-elected its haplessly corrupt, haplessly incompetent, pro-criminal state's attorney by double digits. So not it only will it continue, but it will do so with the overwhelming approval of the voting public.

That's what's so frustrating about living around here. Not only is the plane spiraling toward the ground, but the passengers in the cabin are giving the drunken pilots an enthusiastic round of applause. And that's why we've started working with an out-of-state realtor -- it's time to bail as there appears to be no realistic prospect of reform any time within our lifetime.
That's what I keep thinking. I never would have thought there would be so many citizens willing to help destroy the country, and to, little by little, hand over all of their rights. Sorry to sound dramatic, but with everything that is being allowed to happen, I think it's applicable.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:

George Gascon destroyed the bay area as the DA.

He got pushed and funded by big Soros money and now he's the DA here for LA county. He's already screwed up so much stuff that there is a recall campaign against him just like there is for Newsom.

These far left progressives are starting to get noticed and people are starting to pay more and more attention to what is happening. You've got Soros foundations and other groups going around the country backing very soft on crime DA candiates and it's happening all around the country, more and more.

There needs to be some serious push back.

Your Mayor, Lightfoot has got to be one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen in my whole life. Crime is skyrocketing there in Chicago and she's got the absolute biggest set of balls I've even seen to sit and say that crime is down and to say that that is a fact, as she put it.

Then she doubles down and says that any criticism of her is because she's a black woman.

I thought Mayor Garcetti was a complete tool, lol, that woman takes the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies