Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 03:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Wish that had worked for me.I was also told I would need intervention because chemo and PCOS impacted my fertility.

Still got pregnant. Still had an abortion. Still looked at what left my body and knew it wasn't a baby.
You must've had the baby then, because the abortion didn't kill the baby. And everyone knows that pregnant women have babies.

So where did the baby go?

Old 12-22-2021, 03:48 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
EVERYTHING is always the mens fault. EVERYTHING.
Yep, men are the perpetual victims. But it is their fault that they think they have any say about what a woman does with her body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh brother, hemorriods and bladder leaks aren't life threatening and can be fixed easily.
See above. Are you a woman? Have you borne children? No? Then don't pretend you knowledge women go through our how childbirth changes their bodies.

Quote:
My wife and I had three kids so I do know something about pregnancy and childbirth.
No, you don't.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:54 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Ah, so you admit that these women are getting pregnant because their sex drive is so strong that it overrides responsibility? Sounds pretty immature to me. What about using an ungoing birth control pill then they won't have to think about birth control when they give in to their wild desires spontaniously? Is that out of the question? If so, why?
Go lobby for it. Problem is, you can't force it on anyone.

I am not defending women who are lax about using birth control. I am acknowledging that there are many who are like that. You and I cannot control how other people live their lives. Unwanted pregnancies happen.

I believe abortions need to remain legal in the first trimester as the woman's choice. After that it would have to be because of a major, life threatening medical issue. I do not think a fertilized egg or an embryo or a first trimester fetus is a person.

Is that clear enough?

Old 12-22-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Wish that had worked for me.I was also told I would need intervention because chemo and PCOS impacted my fertility.

Still got pregnant. Still had an abortion. Still looked at what left my body and knew it wasn't a baby.
Quote:
You must've had the baby then, because the abortion didn't kill the baby. And everyone knows that pregnant women have babies.

So where did the baby go?
Do you have any empathy at all? I think not.

Last edited by ansible90; 12-22-2021 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Do you have any empathy at all? I think not.
I have empathy for those that understand when they get an abortion they are in fact killing their baby. Because at least there is recognition for what is occurring.

Anyone who says, meh, clump of crap in the toilet? I feel terrible that they cannot recognize life.

Where is THEIR empathy for the life they just extinguished?

Do you have any empathy for all the babies killed just because someone felt like it?

Old 12-22-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I am not defending women who are lax about using birth control. I am acknowledging that there are many who are like that. You and I cannot control how other people live their lives. Unwanted pregnancies happen.

I believe abortions need to remain legal in the first trimester as the woman's choice. After that it would have to be because of a major, life threatening medical issue. I do not think a fertilized egg or an embryo or a first trimester fetus is a person.

Is that clear enough?
45% of abortions are second abortions.

Is that just another ooopsie, my bad, now I get to kill another baby?

Do you give those repeat consumers of death a pass as meh, they just like having a good time?

Old 12-22-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I have empathy for those that understand when they get an abortion they are in fact killing their baby. Because at least there is recognition for what is occurring.

Anyone who says, meh, clump of crap in the toilet? I feel terrible that they cannot recognize life.

Where is THEIR empathy for the life they just extinguished?

Do you have any empathy for all the babies killed just because someone felt like it?
She had CANCER and was getting CHEMO and had to abort the fetus to survive! Either you can't read or you don't have an empathic bone in your body.

Last edited by ansible90; 12-22-2021 at 04:38 PM..

Old 12-22-2021, 04:23 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

Is that clear enough?
We can however do away abortions and I will fight to make it happen in most cases. You still avoided the question. If a woman knows she is promiscuous and will just jump in bed at the drop of a hat why would she take a risk of an unwanted pregnancy but instead go on birth control pills prior to that? That way she doesn't have to think about birth control at the spur of the moment when the mood hits her.

Your answer to that is "oh well **** happens?

Old 12-22-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
We can however do away abortions and I will fight to make it happen in most cases. You still avoided the question. If a woman knows she is promiscuous and will just jump in bed at the drop of a hat why would she take a risk of an unwanted pregnancy but instead go on birth control pills prior to that? That way she doesn't have to think about birth control at the spur of the moment when the mood hits her.

Is that question clear enough?
I already answered. Go lobby for it. Problem is, you can't force it on anyone. Whether you want women to get an implant, an IUD or take pills, you cannot force it on anyone. You cannot force an irresponsible person to be responsible.

Old 12-22-2021, 04:29 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Do you think that it's OK that women with access to money can travel to another state and get an abortion, while the poor women just have to give birth to a baby they may not be able to support? .
Bus rides are cheap, and they may have friends drive them. They may also walk.

None of the above are against the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies