Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 11:58 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
In some businesses he would have been fired, he put himself in that position with a employee, he showed poor judgment and should have had to face judgment. He misused his authority and when called out he lied. This isn’t meeting a woman in a casual setting, she was a intern in the White House.
Yes, she was an intern.

I wonder where she would be in life right now, if this hadn't come to public light against her will, after she had already left the White House and was no longer in a relationship with the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 12:06 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, she was an intern.

I wonder where she would be in life right now, if this hadn't come to public light against her will, after she had already left the White House and was no longer in a relationship with the President.
Yes, I’m not saying she was innocent, but she was 22 and he was in his 50’s and a President. He sat back and let her be the lightning rod to take the heat off him. Being called in for what he did with a intern and his role as upper management is unprofessional, she could have turned around and claimed sexual harassment.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:24 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,952,388 times
Maybe black parents should push their kids harder to do well in school like Asian parents do. White parents can be just as guilty sometimes, especially when it comes to sports, being the quarterback of the football team being more important than being the valedictorian of the graduating class, American society places it’s priorities in the wrong direction sometimes.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/201...-asian-protest

The valedictorian of my graduating class was half Japanese, she was also the best person in my graduating class hands down, I thought more highly of her than any sports team captain or homecoming queen, even after 40 years I still run into her here in town and she is still as wonderful as ever.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:30 PM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
A lot of bickering back and forth about the letter coming from BLM or not. The point of the letter, which could easily have been written by them as it's stuff they say, but just how gross it is to expect a white person to not go to a good college to save the seat for a black person.

That kind of racial division is not good for a society such as ours. We're all here with differing backgrounds and people should work together as Americans, not all of this subdivision and tribalism.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:31 PM

78,451 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Well, things trend in the US. We are a country with serious ADHD, likely due to being descended from Immigrants.

Things come and go. We pick up trends, and go through them, and move on.

That's who we are. And it's our strength. To go through movements and move forward. Kind of in an ADHD way, though.
Well at least you didn't try to claim it didn't happen.

I'm sure BLM will be comforted to know that their cause has gone the way of acid wash jeans and beanie babies because people only cared about the election and didn't really give 2 poops about them otherwise.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:39 PM

78,451 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
The perjury claim stemmed from being brought before a grand jury to talk about his naughty bits.

For God's sake.

When do we think, and WHY do we think, a grown man and grown woman need to be put before a GRAND JURY, with Ms. Lewinsky and her parent's threatened if they didn't cooperate, to talk about a BJ?

Really, a low point in our history when everyone is demanding detailed information about consensual sexual encounters (which, by Ms. Lewinsky's statements in her books, she was the aggressor and her only real complaint is that she herself didn't get pleasured in return).

And also that the woman she believed to be her friend, secretly taped their conversations and went public with them, causing no one to be able to look at her face without thinking about her mouth, which was another complaint she expressed.

We have no business whatsoever asking about the private, consensual sexual behavior between two very willing adults

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...nton-impeached
Enough with the hijacking. Go start a Clinton thread. We need about 2 pages of posts deleted now.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:18 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
The perjury claim stemmed from being brought before a grand jury to talk about his naughty bits.

For God's sake.

When do we think, and WHY do we think, a grown man and grown woman need to be put before a GRAND JURY, with Ms. Lewinsky and her parent's threatened if they didn't cooperate, to talk about a BJ?

Really, a low point in our history when everyone is demanding detailed information about consensual sexual encounters (which, by Ms. Lewinsky's statements in her books, she was the aggressor and her only real complaint is that she herself didn't get pleasured in return).

And also that the woman she believed to be her friend, secretly taped their conversations and went public with them, causing no one to be able to look at her face without thinking about her mouth, which was another complaint she expressed.

We have no business whatsoever asking about the private, consensual sexual behavior between two very willing adults

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...nton-impeached
I think you skipped over the part where Clinton was in the midst of a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by Paula Jones when Monica Lewinsky filed a sworn affidavit that Clinton never behaved inappropriately with her and that they never had a sexual relationship. This was after an anonymous tip to the lawyers for Paula Jones about Lewinsky and the president. Considering the circumstances of that case it was entirely appropriate to inquire about whether Bill Clinton was having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a young intern in his office.

I thought it was stupid at the time, but now I do believe all things considered Clinton had no business messing around with his intern.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:29 AM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You don’t think it’s wrong to ask people to hold back their kids from applying to college so other kids can take up the available slots? What parent in their right mind would agree tp that? It’s ridiculous to request it, and it would be even more ridiculous to accept the request.
He's got Stockholm Syndrome. If he finds offense he is racist so he praises his thought captors and eventually brainwashed himself to love them.

Old 07-27-2021, 11:53 AM

7,082 posts, read 8,952,388 times
Maybe the pledge should include paying the tuition bill for these students that will be going to these expensive schools.

This pledge would only result in more students from conservative families getting into these schools.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:10 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Holy hell.

Just click on the link, read the letter.

Unbelievable.

https://therightscoop.com/you-wont-b...ut-guess-what/

Now, if past is prologue, the Democrats will say "We agree these people are fringe! We never said defund the Police! We never endorsed Black Lives Matter as a movement!"

But, of course, we all know that's not true.

It's getting a little tiresome but here is the pattern: The Left endorses a radical movement/idea, something horrible comes of it - and then they say "Nothing to see here! We never said that! And if you disagree, you're like....a white taco supreme or something!"

But we all see it. Heck, I used to be a Democrat - so I am (sadly) intimately familiar with just how craven and shameless they have become.

Even with the media, the Deep State, Hollywood, Academia and the military attempting to run interference - the fraud is still being exposed.

And sure, this is just one tiny example - like a grain of sand on a vast beach.

But, boy oh boy; even in today's ludicrous media universe, this is a damning one.

This just isn't American, and the people are going to vote all of you out very soon for enabling this Marxist garbage.
Some will parents who are allies will do just that. Get woke go broke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies