Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 05:52 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Lmao at people thinking BYU is leftist.
Ya they are not it's not thier decision but the fact that that campus is in Hawaii that has strict covid restrictions. The other byu schools do not require the vaxx.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:00 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,519,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's simple the main problem here is not that she can't attend the byu Hawaii it's that the school made her lose her scholarship by giving the notice to late in June. It says it all if you watch the video.
Sean H. clarification is unclear to me. "Hawaii state rules" (@ 01:00) (meaning)? to the State of Hawaii rules? or to the BYU-Hawaii school rules?

Old 07-28-2021, 06:05 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Travel_2011 View Post
If she was black or any other minority, BYU would have rescinded the decision to not make any acceptions. Then fire those that were simply following policy. Then have every top level university official perform public penance which vows to support BLM and leftist causes.
Somehow I don't think that the church that banned interracial marriage from its ranks and the ability of blacks to fully participate in its faith until 1978 ever got around to being overly concerned about BLM now. It takes a long time for the old guard to really die off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ya if you meet the academic requirements you should be able to go to Harvard. Only 4 percent get accepted into harvard.colleges have no business mandating vaccines nor preschools . If I was a governor I'd stop all vaccine mandates for colleges or any institution.
You mean that, like, my civil rights were horribly violated back in the 90s when the college I attended required me to get a tetanus booster before arriving on campus? Because it would be, like, cool if I could still sue them over that.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:23 PM

You mean that, like, my civil rights were horribly violated back in the 90s when the college I attended required me to get a tetanus booster before arriving on campus? Because it would be, like, cool if I could still sue them over that.[/quote]

First of all this "vaccine" is not fully approved by FDA. Your school could try an encourage you to get any shot they want but they should not make you with coercion or consequences.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:46 PM

https://youtu.be/wPeNbQRlakY this video gives you even more info. The staff are not mandated to get the vaccine. Do you see the hypocracy.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Something isn't quite right because their policy as stated on their website, doesn't state unvaccinated students are not allowed to attend classes.

https://policies.byuh.edu/campus-ope...ovid-19-policy

Old 07-28-2021, 09:19 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Something isn't quite right because their policy as stated on their website, doesn't state unvaccinated students are not allowed to attend classes.

https://policies.byuh.edu/campus-ope...ovid-19-policy
I guess they announced it would be necessary on June 16th.

https://news.byuh.edu/announcements/...ning-fall-2021

Old 07-28-2021, 09:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I guess they announced it would be necessary on June 16th.

https://news.byuh.edu/announcements/...ning-fall-2021
Ah, thank you! That makes more sense now.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:17 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
According to Hannity, the school was only abiding by Hawaii's rules.

But the story sounds fishy to me. There are some rare instances of Guillan Barre Syndrome (GBS) associated with the J&J vaccine only, and none with any of the others. This is easily determined with a Google search. And the only other vaccines that have been linked to GBS are flu vaccines. So it's also funny that the story doesn't mention what vaccine supposedly caused her GBS.

My wife had GBS the past and she got the Pfizer vaccine. No problem. GBS is rare and like getting struck by lightning. And once you've had it, you're not any more prone to getting it again as you would be getting stuck by lightning a second time (but that happens as well.)

Maybe that's why she didn't get a health exemption, because it's simply not medically indicated.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
According to Hannity, the school was only abiding by Hawaii's rules.

But the story sounds fishy to me. There are some rare instances of Guillan Barre Syndrome (GBS) associated with the J&J vaccine only, and none with any of the others. This is easily determined with a Google search. And the only other vaccines that have been linked to GBS are flu vaccines. So it's also funny that the story doesn't mention what vaccine supposedly caused her GBS.

My wife had GBS the past and she got the Pfizer vaccine. No problem. GBS is rare and like getting struck by lightning. And once you've had it, you're not any more prone to getting it again as you would be getting stuck by lightning a second time (but that happens as well.)

Maybe that's why she didn't get a health exemption, because it's simply not medically indicated.
Even the Doctor's letter says she got GBS several years after getting the flu vaccine.

Its all weirdly vague and just seems off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies