Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 10:20 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times

Advertisements

It seems to me establishments are not accepting any exemptions for vaccines. this story will make your blood boil. this story will show you how heartless the world is. this story will show you how individual rights should trump group rights. why? because if individual rights are protected then groups can not single anyone out and everyone's rights are protected.

A 18 year old girl who's dream was to go to BYU university in Hawaii was trampled on because she can not take the covid 19 vaccine. she had taken a vaccine in 2019 that left her paraylized for one month. she had to pray and her answers were heard and now she can walk again. Her doctors told her there is no way she can take the covid 19 shot because she had guillian barre syndrome and vaccines can cause or make that condition worse. she could become paraylized again or die.

she appealed to the university 2 times for a medical exemption because the university requires everyone to get the experimental shot. she lost over 200 thousand dollars in scholarships.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onditions.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/colleg...edical-history

do doctors at the university decide on exemptions. if so they are beyond scum and I only wish the worst for those doctors.

this is so authoritarian its not funny. they figured tough if she dies we will not make exemptions. her life was not taken into account and her right to go to the university was taken away.

any one for mandatory vaccine is evil. I don't dislike a person because they are left politically but when people feel people should be forced to take a vaccine or even wear a mask I do not like them. there are some people on the left that are against mandatory vaccines and I respect them.

some believe this will cause a major lawsuit. it would be interesting to see how this will turn out. so many colleges are not giving exemptions and do not care if the students even die!!

does this story make your blood boil?

how can we stop this medical tyranny? she had multiple doctors tell her not to get the vaccine. if she took the covid vaccine she would surely die.

you can not sue the vaccine makers but if someone does die after a vaccine and it's beyond obvious they would be held liable for that death. i assume they could get millions if it was proven the vaccine killed them.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:26 AM

1,706 posts, read 637,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It seems to me establishments are not accepting any exemptions for vaccines. this story will make your blood boil.
This story did not make my blood boil. She is pretty though, so I do feel a little bad for her.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:36 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Leftist nuttiness in academia.

Not surprising.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:37 AM

417 posts, read 247,041 times
She has a history of having bad reactions to vaccinations and her school won't give her an exemption. Shame on them.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:37 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times
I don't think you can sue the vaccine makers. They made you sign "I understand the vaccine has not been FDA approved and I may die from it. I willingly take the risk and the manufacturer will not be held responsible."

In the case you posted, the university is probably afraid of multiple lawsuits if they were to bend the rules and students got covid. If they deny her, the worst case scenario is they only need to pay off her lawsuit. It's cheaper.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:41 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,288 times
So they're discriminating against a young lady with a disability?
I thought that was illegal?

She should sue.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:43 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Leftist nuttiness in academia.

Not surprising.
BYU? Leftist?

Old 07-28-2021, 10:54 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
BYU? Leftist?
Doesn't BYU have online education for her? The campus and the Mormon faith are actually quite conservative as well...

Old 07-28-2021, 10:56 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
BYU? Leftist?
You live in Utah. Don’t pretend that there aren't more and more progressive ideas amongst younger Mormons, and that even at BYU professors and teachers are not staunch Republicans from birth. I’m roughly a half-century old and am the oldest of 34 first cousins. Very few of my cousins share the same political and social ideology found among our parents’ generation. Times they are a changin’.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:57 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
BYU is the 4th most conservative college in the USA. It's a private university.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/ame...lleges-ranked/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies