Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 05:18 PM

866 posts, read 320,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How is it that the liberals control everything and conservatives are at their beck and call? Pandemic hits last year and its all to take the election away from Trump. Perhaps the democrats planned it with the Chinese government or the MSM weaponized covid to make Trump look bad. Who knows the explanation changed every 5 minutes.

Now the liberals are using covid to control the "expendable majority class"? Does that refer to white people? Its hard to keep up with the dog whistle stuff. I thought covid would just go quickly away if Biden became POTUS? Can't say that anymore. Its exploding this year just like last year. Different POTUS same big problem.

How about we take politics out of this. Its real, its all over the world. But we manage to deal with it like a 3rd world country.
How is it possible? The media. The left owns the media and controls the messaging on everything. Combine that with a dumbed down populace and it's actually pretty easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 05:19 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am all for de-funding the federal government. But most Democrats and Republicans are not. We can't take the government out of it when their tentacles are all over everything.
So you'll have to accept that you wont "get the politics out of it"
In the meantime I see promise with state and local governments choosing to go their own way irrespective of the wishes of the big bad federal government. And likewise people are seceding from their home states to states that better suit them.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 08-03-2021 at 06:36 PM..

Old 08-03-2021, 05:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why call it Lambda? I don’tTo avoid want to be killed by an extinction level virus called “Lambda”
Because the mutations of Covid-19 were becoming too confusing to list them under their medical descriptions.

Here's the medical description for the Delta variant: SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2
That's a lot more difficult to remember and repeat than Covid-19, Delta variant. Covid-19 itself is easier to remember than SARS-CoV-2 B.

To avoid public confusion, the CDC switched to using the Greek words for the letters in the Greek alphabet instead.

We are familiar with some of the letters of the Greek alphabet: Alpha, Beta,Delta, Gamma, Omega- but we are less familiar with others. Lambda is one of them. (Our word for alphabet is a contraction of the Greek letters Alpha and Beta.)

Medicine has used Greek letters as a shorthand description for a very long time.

The reason why you object to it is 'lamb' is a word we all know that infers helplessness, mildness, and peacefulness to you.

The word 'lamb' is part of our spoken language. Most Greek letters aren't a part of our commonly-spoken language.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:23 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
LOL! I'm so over the lies.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:30 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
"Winter is coming..."

Concerning...will have to see how bad Lambda is and other variants in the future as well...

All for booster shots when necessary!

Old 08-03-2021, 07:00 PM

17,594 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yep, and guess where that happy little variant is going to come from - from South America where it is devastating Peru, through Central America in caravans, right up to our southern border. They have already found it in Texas.

Lambda is a BLOCKBUSTER variant. God only knows what it will mutate into

You anti-vazxers should be scared s***less, I'm vaccinated and I am scared of what's coming.

Stop politicizing what's going on and just get your vaccination now.

I had MrsM and I had 4 different Dr's appointments today at 2 different hospital systems. In both, I learned that one system went from over 30% of beds and the other over 40% at the height of this Pandemic. They both were down to zero for over a month and now are hovering at 10%, and climbing rapidly. All within the past 2 weeks and all (except one patient with extreme co-morbidities) NOT VACCINATED. All Delta

Again, God only knows what's going to happen when Lambda gets here on a bus-full of illegals!

Old 08-03-2021, 07:01 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yep, and guess where that happy little variant is going to come from - from South America where it is devastating Peru, through Central America in caravans, right up to our southern border. They have already found it in Texas.
And why we need to stay vigilant. Nobody wants to be in my shoes right now. My son - today was put on the bypass machine. Praying can get over this. Wether it comes from an illegal or a tourist or our own business men, or pilot we are getting very sick. Fl is on fire and everyone in a party mode. Lord help us.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:08 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Israel is already testing a booster shot, the 3rd shot !!! The US might catch up in six months but maybe not if the Biden admin. still wants to use covid as a weapon to control the expendable majority class !!!
I'm close to being ready for a booster shot and petrified that Biden isn't going to get one to us in time.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm close to being ready for a booster shot and petrified that Biden isn't going to get one to us in time.
You can get a 3rd Pfizer if you'd like , that's what they're doing in Israel.

Some journalists already boosted themselves

Old 08-03-2021, 07:17 PM

19,044 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Worry not.
Greek alphabet has 24 letters and we are not even to the middle of it. And then there are Latin and Hebrew alphabets. I'd say, towards next summer, we'll hit Hebrew Alef variant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies