Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 06:58 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.salon.com/2021/08/03/the...is-backfiring/

Link to poll: https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-po...c94361d92.html

This is a fascinating analysis on the GOP strategy to sabotage Biden’s vaccine rollout (and really, American public health). In short: they failed, and not just a simple fail, but a spectacularly disastrous, flaming ball of fail.

Remember the attendees at a CPAC who applauded the news of America not reaching the 70% vaccinated goal recently? Those vile creatures thought America would blame Biden.

Well, well, well, turns out America blames the unvaccinated, Trump, and conservative media for the surge and for roadblocks to keeping Americans healthy.

I wish I could say told you so, but our friends and colleagues on the other side of the aisle never listen and learn.
Great left media propaganda BS.

Biden's is sabotaging himself, by allowing thousands of unvaccinated illegals into the country.

Nice try, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 07:02 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I went through nationwide polio vaccine. I went through nationwide smallpox vaccine. True I was young but I remember zero resistance to people being vaccinated. As a result, very few people if any suffer from these diseases today.

This whole anti-vax population has gotten completely swayed by lies, misinformation and conspiracies flamed by ignorance and the Trump administration.

Well, they are paying the price now and unfortunately dragging others down with them.
I didn't even grow up in that era and I miss that part about it. And it's not as if everyone held the same political beliefs back then either.

Some things certainly weren't good during that time, which are issues for another thread. But it was very different, in a good way when it comes to this kind of cooperation among basically everyone wanting to see those terrible diseases ending and wanting to work together to make that happen, compared to what exists now.

Last edited by Jowel; 08-03-2021 at 07:21 PM..

Old 08-03-2021, 07:04 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Seems like a lot of the anti-vaxxers on here have already had covid.

Experts recommend vaccination even for those already having covid ...more research being done on this...

https://theconversation.com/if-ive-a...xplains-164236
Yeah, thanks. I will wait for the research. I will rely on my natural immunity until then. If I get a vaccine it will be Novavax. We should be offered any choice, not forced to take Pfizer or Moderma. Novavax will be available soon.
Besides, all those getting vaccinated now won’t be protected for weeks. Delta will be peaked by then.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:

This is a fascinating analysis on the GOP strategy to sabotage Biden’s vaccine rollout (and really, American public health). In short: they failed, and not just a simple fail, but a spectacularly disastrous, flaming ball of fail.

Remember the attendees at a CPAC who applauded the news of America not reaching the 70% vaccinated goal recently? Those vile creatures thought America would blame Biden.

Well, well, well, turns out America blames the unvaccinated, Trump, and conservative media for the surge and for roadblocks to keeping Americans healthy.

I wish I could say told you so, but our friends and colleagues on the other side of the aisle never listen and learn.
Trump?

He was vaccinated 3 months after being hospitalized with Covid and encouraged everyone to do so.

He continues to take credit for Operation Warp Speed that resulted in emergency approvals.

Seems to me the anti- vax thing crosses the political divide as does Covid.

Some so called conservatives have however been more outspoken about resisting the Vax.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what is this fascination with using immigration or “my body my choice” as the go to arguments when discussing vaccinations?

Its like you guys can’t go a day without using the same 2 hot button topics to distract from the larger issue at hand.

The argument is that red states have higher infection rates and for Texas, we're being inundated with illegals flooding across our border and it's Biden's fault. That is the "larger issue at hand."

Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wow propaganda from the mainstream media is effective.

Republicans that watch Fox News 54% vaccinated.

Hispanics 41%.

Millenials 41%.

Blacks 34%.

Polling that heavily underpolls Blacks, Hispanics, and millennials to inflate the Democrats vaccination rates and it is all FoxNews Republican fault.

Throw in lies that FoxNews just recently flipped to pro-vaccine.
The least vaccinated states all trend red.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-march-15.html

Most people don’t watch cable news.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:12 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Great left media propaganda BS.

Biden's is sabotaging himself, by allowing thousands of unvaccinated illegals into the country.

Nice try, though.

Exactly!

Old 08-03-2021, 07:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I went through nationwide polio vaccine. I went through nationwide smallpox vaccine. True I was young but I remember zero resistance to people being vaccinated. As a result, very few people if any suffer from these diseases today.

This whole anti-vax population has gotten completely swayed by lies, misinformation and conspiracies flamed by ignorance and the Trump administration.

Well, they are paying the price now and unfortunately dragging others down with them.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:19 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:

why do you post? no believes the crap you spread......

Old 08-03-2021, 07:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wow propaganda from the mainstream media is effective.

Republicans that watch Fox News 54% vaccinated.

Hispanics 41%.

Millenials 41%.

Blacks 34%.

Polling that heavily underpolls Blacks, Hispanics, and millennials to inflate the Democrats vaccination rates and it is all FoxNews Republican fault.

Throw in lies that FoxNews just recently flipped to pro-vaccine.
But 90% of the antivax stuff comes from the right that I've seen.

Look at this forum as an example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies