Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 08:25 PM

19,817 posts, read 9,381,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That much is evident.
Oh, and like you're not looking out for yourself? Riiiight.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-03-2021 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 08:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Notice how we've found the one issue that the left doesn't want to bring race into.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:27 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Who says R's aren't vaxxed? Who say's Trump voters aren't vaxxed? People sure are dumb sometimes
There is data showing this.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

Old 08-03-2021, 08:33 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Hmm...Okay. I'm not sure where you (?) or those particular young people might be getting their information from. It is unfortunate that some would hold this anxiety, particularly since the hospitalizations have shifted away from older people (which was the case during the beginning of COVID-19), and now people being hospitalized are younger unvaccinated people, often in the 18-49 age group.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...id-19-patients

I'll just say that for me (being neither extremely old nor young), I believe my own doctors with years of training and clinical experience, and always trusted unbiased expert opinion which has never led me wrong. They recommended that I be vaccinated as soon as possible. Plus as I've kept up with other infectious disease/virology expert physicians from top tier teaching hospitals (Duke, UNC, and Wake Forest would be in my area, but there are many others), and their overwhelming consensus is also that for the vast majority of people, the potential for adverse reactions are extremely rare compared to the significantly higher risk from having COVID complications. Those are the types of folks I choose to listen to for medical information, and not some politician or media person.
I’m vaccinated and believe in the vaccines, but I don’t blame young people for choosing not to get an experimental vaccine authorized for emergency use when their chances of bad effects from Covid are low.

As for doctors telling people to get it no matter what, they aren’t infallible. They can see the huge benefits from mass vaccination but still not know the long term effects for people, especially since it hasn’t been around long enough to know. And yet I’ve heard them claim that there are no risks from the vaccine for young people and even claiming pregnant women should get it. They push young teens to get it, and would push for children younger than 12 to get it if approved.

That tells me that I can’t trust their opinions because that’s just stupid. It doesn’t take a medical degree to see that kids who barely have symptoms with Covid or women young enough to get pregnant should not get experimental vaccines that have not been around long enough to know the long term effects.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:34 PM

1,436 posts, read 669,489 times
Yeah sure they do.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:41 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
NYC is extremely liberal and Democrats easily win it. Why does NYC have a poor vaccination rate?

FULLY VACCINATED:
NYC Black vaccination rate - 31%
NYC Hispanic vaccination rate - 42%
NYC White vaccination rate - 46%
NYC Asian vaccination rate - 71%

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-vaccines.page

NYC being an urban area can have the virus spread quite easily and those numbers are horrible outside of the Asian numbers. Why isn't the media weaponizing vaccination rates against NYC? Mind you NYC without its suburbs has as many people as the 12th most populated state.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 08-03-2021 at 08:50 PM..

Old 08-03-2021, 08:43 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
That is data alright, but it doesn't "show" that at all. It using county level voting patterns as a proxy.

There is no data on this.

I note the authors of this study are the approved Politifact fact checker on such issues...

Old 08-03-2021, 09:42 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Did you have the same concern when the Trump administration announced the vaccines and roll out plan as their response to the pandemic? Trump told you he was going to have vaccines approved by the end of the year, did you think he was going to get 3 years of testing done in 3 months?
I was concerned then, and still am. Nothing to do with Trump. If we were bowing before Trump like you all claim, we all would have received the vaccines and no question asked.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If Covid affected young people like Polio or Smallpox did, you could damn sure bet people of all ages would be lining up to get the jab for themselves and their children. As it is, the people most vulnerable to Covid DID line up to get the jab. Can’t people understand that there are a lot of young people who don’t want an experimental vaccine when side effects could be worse than the actual virus?
When you have Kay Ivey blame the unvaccinated for the rise in cases then you know our country is in trouble.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I was concerned then, and still am. Nothing to do with Trump. If we were bowing before Trump like you all claim, we all would have received the vaccines and no question asked.
That's an excellent point. Another progressive narrative falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies