Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 01:39 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
We are not talking about that, we are taking about...Trump

Again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 01:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Why are you afraid of a virus that has a US mortality rate of 0.18257596102403%?

(As of today.)

If you're over 70 or have co-morbidities, make sure you social distance and perhaps take the vaccine.

Otherwise, save your ham-handed fear mongering.
Perfect example. Is any one on the right going to explain the facts to him? I won't hold my breath.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:53 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Why are you afraid of a virus that has a US mortality rate of 0.18257596102403%?

(As of today.)

If you're over 70 or have co-morbidities, make sure you social distance and perhaps take the vaccine.

Otherwise, save your ham-handed fear mongering.
People keep brining up the same lame point. Do you realize the things we had to do to just to contain the virus to this point. Shutting down schools, travel and the economy, what about those long haulers with lasting effects and how about those that spend weeks in an ICU. Now we have the Delta Variant spreading again thanks to the anti-Vaxers, they just shut down the car show at the Javits Center again because of the increase and NY isn't even the worst.

But continue on with your one statistic if he gives you faith that this is irrational fear.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:58 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is data that shows counties that voted for Biden have higher Covid-19 vaccination rates than counties that voted for Trump. The data is broken down, not by state, but county. And that makes a bigger difference.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

Polls have been done on this subject as well.
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...litical-divide
If you live in a rural area where you don't come into contact with many people, you would probably be less likely to get the vaccine. Conversely, if you live in an urban area where you will come into contact with many people, you would probably be more likely to get the vaccination.

Does this make sense?

Old 08-04-2021, 02:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
Default Biden and Harris campaign against the vaccine

And Biden and Kackles announced when they were campaigning they refuse to get the Trump vaccine. Hmmm
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=73047767

Old 08-04-2021, 02:04 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
People keep brining up the same lame point. Do you realize the things we had to do to just to contain the virus to this point. Shutting down schools, travel and the economy, what about those long haulers with lasting effects and how about those that spend weeks in an ICU.

Except we shouldn't have locked down.

I am sure countless posters have explained it, but the states with the most lockdowns also had the highest COVID death percentages.

I should know, I live in the fourth highest one.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

But even here, it only represents .024606509609365% of the total population.

Even (disgraced) Governor Cuomo admitted back in 2020 that people in NYC were far more likely to contract the virus indoors, than out. And most of those were from elderly COVID-positive patients that he forced into Nursing Homes, and subsequently spread the virus like wildfire to the most vulnerable population possible.

So locking things down actually had a detrimental affect, and prevented herd immunity. (Another term I'm not supposed to mention!)

The answer is to protect the vulnerable. People who are over 70, or have serious health conditions.

But sure, keep believing in the media that lie to you about everything, and keep on being a sheeple while Big Pharma laughs all the way to the Bank.

That will show them.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:08 PM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Quite the opposite here in Michigan. The city of Detroit has the least amount of vaccinated of the entire state, rural Trump country included.

And just look at the numbers.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021...-vaccinations/
Bingo.

Other Democratic strongholds in Michigan are way under the state average. Look at Flint, Benton Harbor, Muskegon Heights, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is data that shows counties that voted for Biden have higher Covid-19 vaccination rates than counties that voted for Trump. The data is broken down, not by state, but county. And that makes a bigger difference.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

Polls have been done on this subject as well.
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...litical-divide
The point is the mainstream media is propaganda and weaponizes their reporting on Covid to assist the Democrats.

Blacks, Hispanics, and millennials all get vaccinated at rates well below Republicans. So why does the mainstream propaganda media pretty much solely target Republicans for attacks about how they are unvaccinated and therefore killing others?

Just like any conservative gathering is reported as spreading covid, any liberal gathering is reported as not having spread covid or even having saved lives.

You are too honest to accept this BS. So don't play into it.

There is a reason why so few Americans trust the media.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:24 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am being truthful here. You have been propagandized and don't know it.

Let's just look at a few examples to see if you are too far down the rabbit hole or if you can still think freely.

No, Trump didn't remove the MLK bust from the Oval Office.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...ld-trump-2017/

What evidence do you have that Trump paid hookers to pee on a bed Obama slept on? Remember that info came from Steele, a foreign agent that Hillary paid, who in exchange paid a foreign Russian agent for that juicy nugget. Steele refused to say under oath that the info was valid and said he could not verify it under oath and had one Russian source that he paid for dirt on Trump.

You have a rumor started by political enemies and you are pronouncing it indisputable fact. You can't objectively see an issue with this?

https://www.hoover.org/research/why-...dismissed-fake
Guess I was not transparent enough.

I was simply pointing out all the stupid crap, lies and fake news said about Trump that his opponents latched onto and falsely preached as the truth

Old 08-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is all you have to do is go to the sticky vaccine thread for clear evidence it's the right promoting anti vaxx propaganda.

Every time our county judge posts about vaccinations on Facebook members of the conspiracy theorists right get on with their antivaxx propaganda.

By and large it's not the mainstream media that's convinced me the conspiratorial right is a danger to our nation it's the members themselves on forums like this.

I'm a member of the sane right. I'm vaccinated like most of us. But I certainly recognize the crackpots on the right.

There's a political price to be paid when you don't cut down the wackos in your party.
The anti-vaxers are in their own group. You cannot classify them as left or right, and to try and do so is silly.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
We are not talking about that, we are taking about how Trump, The Gop and the conservative Media created this False narrative that the Vaccine is not Safe. They all, The GOP and Chump went out and got vaccinated themselves, while the people following them are now dying. I don't play the whataboutism, typical Russian Tactic, You work for Putin?
You people really live in opposite land. So now Trump, the biggest proponent of these vaccines is now an anti-vaxer???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies