Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So how much percentage of the blame goes to China for making a bat virus infectious to humans and then having such horrible quality control at the lab it leaked and instead of trying to mitigate the spread they actually allowed it to spread all over the globe?

How much percentage of blame goes to other world leaders that had Covid outbreaks?
Have you looked at South Korea's stats?

The primary reason we form governments is to protect us from internal and external aggressors. Which includes biological threats regardless if it's intentional or accidental. We failed badly and 600000 Americans are dead.

Only a handful of nations successfully combatted the virus and we sure as hell wasn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Salon? LMAO! Great source.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:59 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The illegals captured or surrendered are tested and vaccinated.

Some might recall that when the initial demand for vaccine greatly exceeded the supply, there was outrage that illegals were being vaccinated at the borders while US people scrambled.
That is only partially true.

The federal government has only been testing those who show signs or symptoms of being sick.
The government does not force them to be vaccinated and there are plenty who refuse it.
Many have been dumped in the cities and allowed to get on buses going to other states. The city will test them but if there is a positive test the city cannot hold them, they must let them leave. The infected illegals are completely free to travel throughout the country.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/migran...edly-released/
https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...have-covid-19/
https://nypost.com/2021/07/22/three-...covid-vaccine/

Old 08-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Not only that, they downright fear-mongered about the vaccines themselves; the very thing they now decry "anti-vaxxers" for doing.

Democratic fear-mongering about the coronavirus vaccine is working

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2020/09/...orking-n349055

Hhhmmm....maybe the Democrats are the reason the majority of blacks and hispanics do not want to take the vaccine, since they scared people about it for months last year?

BTW, can we stop calling people who don't want to take a protein spiked MRNA experimental drug, "anti-vaxxers."?

Not really the same thing...

Personally I hedged my bets and went with the J & J, since it is a conventional vaccine. But by no means do I expect others to do exactly what I did - your body your choice.
Yes, you have the right to be stupid and unpatriotic. You have the right to be an antivaxxer.

I'll defend their right to be unpatriotic fools but don't expect respect.

Old 08-04-2021, 12:17 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, you have the right to be stupid and unpatriotic.
If it's people like China Joe and "Cackle-actica" Harris defining "patriotism", count me out.

Last edited by RhodyRepub; 08-04-2021 at 12:27 PM..

Old 08-04-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
If it's people like China Joe and "Cackle-actica" Harris defining "patriotism", count me out.
I define patriots as people who are willing to make sacrifices for their nation.

Maybe we could leave Joe and Donny out of this and discuss what patriotism is.

Jimmy Stewart....patriot

John Wayne....flag waver

We got a lot of flag wavers here but few patriots.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:18 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That might be a fact here on this website, but the reality of whom is not vaccinating across the country is completely different. Many of posted the facts , just because you've chosen to ignore them doesn't make it not true.
Good bar chart on the breakdown by the Kaiser Foundation. The "definitely will not" and "only if required" holding at around 20% combined but the "wait and see" shrunk dramtically.

Quote:

Demographic patterns in vaccine uptake and intentions are similar to those measured in previous surveys, with large majorities of older adults, those with serious health conditions, college graduates, and Democrats saying they have gotten at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Black and Hispanic adults along with younger adults remain somewhat more likely than their counterparts to say they will “wait and see” before getting vaccinated, while Republicans, rural residents, and White Evangelical Christians continue to be disproportionately more likely to say they will definitely not get vaccinated.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...tor-june-2021/

Old 08-04-2021, 01:23 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Not only that, they downright fear-mongered about the vaccines themselves; the very thing they now decry "anti-vaxxers" for doing.

Democratic fear-mongering about the coronavirus vaccine is working

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2020/09/...orking-n349055

Hhhmmm....maybe the Democrats are the reason the majority of blacks and hispanics do not want to take the vaccine, since they scared people about it for months last year?

BTW, can we stop calling people who don't want to take a protein spiked MRNA experimental drug, "anti-vaxxers."?

Not really the same thing...

Personally I hedged my bets and went with the J & J, since it is a conventional vaccine. But by no means do I expect others to do exactly what I did - your body your choice.
The right wing is the one promoting fear of the vaccine to the point that a large chunk of the population is more afraid of the vaccine than the virus. That seems to be changing in some of the southern states with the onset of the Delta Variant, some are now realizing they made a bad choice. Many republican governors are finally coming around.

Last edited by Goodnight; 08-04-2021 at 01:46 PM..

Old 08-04-2021, 01:29 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,558,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So how much percentage of the blame goes to China for making a bat virus infectious to humans and then having such horrible quality control at the lab it leaked and instead of trying to mitigate the spread they actually allowed it to spread all over the globe?

How much percentage of blame goes to other world leaders that had Covid outbreaks?
We are not talking about that, we are taking about how Trump, The Gop and the conservative Media created this False narrative that the Vaccine is not Safe. They all, The GOP and Chump went out and got vaccinated themselves, while the people following them are now dying. I don't play the whataboutism, typical Russian Tactic, You work for Putin?

Old 08-04-2021, 01:37 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The right wing is the one's promoting fear of the vaccine to the point that a large chunk of the population is more afraid of the vaccine than the virus.

Why are you afraid of a virus that has a US mortality rate of 0.18257596102403%?

(As of today.)

If you're over 70 or have co-morbidities, make sure you social distance and perhaps take the vaccine.

Otherwise, save your ham-handed fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies