Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 07:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We should have had enough masks. Don't blame it on Obama. The pandemic was in the last year of the Trump administration. Much of the resistance was a direct effect of Trump's wishy-washy dealing with the virus.

I made my own masks. It wasn't complicated.
HELLO...Masks don't work. Wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 07:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Here is the South Korean model:

People with obesity are 3 times more likely to be hospitalized by covid than non-obese people per the CDC.

Obesity rate in South Korea 4%

Obesity rate in the USA 43%

Trump should have instantly made half the country shed lots of pounds and gone all Jenny Craig on them. Orange man bad. Darn him to Hades!

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obe...une%20function.
What was the per capita difference in deaths? What percentage of covid-19 deaths was the co morbidity obesity?

Sorry, a quick look at the stats tell ya there were a lot of factors involved.

Things like testing which the CDC screwed up royally on with an assist from the FDA. Things like masks. Which we were told not to wear due to supply when you can make your own. Hell, I've seen women use their panties on tiktok. Lol

Old 08-04-2021, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
HELLO...Masks don't work. Wake up.
Yes, they do. Stop going to nutsrus.com.

Every damn country that beat this virus utilized masks.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Yes, they do. Stop going to nutsrus.com.

Every damn country that beat this virus utilized masks.
Show proof.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:55 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Why are damn near all the antivaxxers on this forum on the right and why aren't my fellow sane right wingers letting them slide?
I’ve yet to see a liberal anti-vaxxer post here. I’m sure there are some Bobby Kennedy Junior types around, but those posting here are almost invariably extreme libertarians.

It’s sad if polls are correct and 1 out of every 5 people think that if you’re vaxed the government will implant you with a tracking microchip.

How paranoid do you have to be to believe that??

Old 08-04-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Show proof.
There would never be enough proof for you, buddy. I've got paint to watch dry.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:04 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump?

He was vaccinated 3 months after being hospitalized with Covid and encouraged everyone to do so.

He continues to take credit for Operation Warp Speed that resulted in emergency approvals.

Seems to me the anti- vax thing crosses the political divide as does Covid.

Some so called conservatives have however been more outspoken about resisting the Vax.
He hasn’t exactly been outspoken about encouraging his people to get vaccinated.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:05 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yes, just a handful. I would expect that our CDC and the WHO would help, but they were too busy with CYA and helping China do CYA. I’d hardly put 60% of the blame on Trump, which was the post I was responding to. By the time it was here it was here and mitigation wasn’t even possible. We did quarantine. We did social distancing. We shut down schools. We had mask mandates. None of that worked. The only thing that worked was the vaccine, but by that time this thing was so politicized and one side was demonizing the other side so much that naturally there has been a lot of distrust.
Yes we did that stuff....but too late to nip it in the bud.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
So Salon is a useless rag spewing lies while wing nut websites are beacons of truth?

No way Jose
The truth. They mock Salon while using Breitbart as a credible source.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:24 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Oh...no! This wasn't meant personally towards you and I saw that you said you were vaccinated.

I think you're misunderstanding and that's why I specifically said that I wasn't trying to be mean to you, because it wasn't meant to be directed at you personally. In that same sentence, when I said "people", I was referring to a lot of different people (such as young people and pregnant women who you've mentioned), all of whom are running with unfounded information for whatever reasons.

I didn't mean what I was saying to come across as a personal dig against you, so I'm sorry if it did come across that way as I meant no ill-will.
Thank you for the apology. I appreciate it. I wasn’t even mad or upset by what you said, but I thank you for your explanation.

I have seen covid up close and personal when my three children and their significant others and one grandchild, plus a nephew and his girlfriend and a cousin and his wife all got Covid earlier this year. I also have a family member who works at an elementary school and have seen that Covid really isn’t that bad for young people. Sure there is a case here and there highlighted by the media where a young person gets really sick or dies, but that is rare.

While I’m sure you can find some young pregnant woman who got the vaccine that had no apparent problems, we really have no idea if there will be problems for the mom or baby in the future. The vaccine is too new. I would have serious questions of any doctor that pushes this vaccine on pregnant women.

I know Covid is very serious for a lot of people, but this vaccine is not only new but a new type of vaccine so the reluctance in people is understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies