Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 11:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They have been skewing the numbers by factoring in all cases going back to the beginning of the pandemic to determine the percentage of unvaccinated that have been hospitalized. The real numbers might not ever be known.
That is simply not true. All hospitals which accept in patients must report them to the CDC and the CDC keeps a running tally of patients and their afflictions. The percentage of unvaccinated people in the hospital right now, today, are the percentages being reported. Not an accumulated summary of all patients admitted since the start of the pandemic.

You deflect with obfuscating information.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:44 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,743,435 times
Why the vax pushers don’t consider that 35% of the population (at least) has had Covid and recovered, is really weird. They want every living person in this country to get the shot, ignoring a huge population of immune people who could harm themselves with a vax and do not need a shot.

Why they keep harping on it is beyond reason. Even if their fantasy wish came true, 100% vaxxed, people who are vaccinated still spread the virus and are hosts for mutations.

For a disease with a survival rate almost the same as seasonal flu, this tyrannical overreaction is getting old and tired. People have their reasons for not wanting the vax. People have the right to control what is injected into their body.

Hospitals will not be overrun like the first time around. It’s almost as though the vax pushers want that to happen so they can show more dramatic outrage. And then there’s the “But the long haulers!! Covid destroys lives!!” Bunch of BS. It’s a new disease. “Long” hasn’t even happened yet. Probably a lot of hypochondriacs anyway.
Thanks for listening.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:11 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
This virus upon roll out had a 98% survival rate --- now (a year later) the numbers (that %) will be skewed between vaccinated and the unvaccinated as if that makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They have been skewing the numbers by factoring in all cases going back to the beginning of the pandemic to determine the percentage of unvaccinated that have been hospitalized. The real numbers might not ever be known.
Also, there is no way to calculate how many millions of people that caught the virus, that just stayed home, until they were well. The 98% is only indicative of the hospitalized numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That is simply not true. All hospitals which accept in patients must report them to the CDC and the CDC keeps a running tally of patients and their afflictions. The percentage of unvaccinated people in the hospital right now, today, are the percentages being reported. Not an accumulated summary of all patients admitted since the start of the pandemic.

You deflect with obfuscating information.
World COVID-19 Stats

That's been running since March 2020; calculating the numbers from the start utilizing technology that taps into the reporting agencies. If he has had a birthday, he's 18 years old now. I learned about him and his site in the news last year.

If you think you have a source that can nail this any better --- be my guest. So far I haven't seen anything that warrants this much fear, determination and politicization.

Those nurses were on the front-lines during this whole mess and now they are going home rather than take the vaccination and trust, they are use to vaccines and have probably had all their shots, but this one.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:10 AM

1,016 posts, read 787,543 times
The Hospital i currently work at is not mandating vaccines you just have to get tested weekly. We are getting by with being short staffed they can not afford to lose anymore employees. I was looking at Hospitals jobs in NC and a lot of them are starting mandatory vaccines and they bounce you off the job application if your not vaccinated.

A lot of places is shooting themselves in the foot. They are going to have to have agency nurses fill in for more money or start offering crazy sign on bonuses and pay rates to attract people to the hospital.

I know a few nurses and nursing aides who gave up nursing to work in other fields.

Old 08-16-2021, 03:11 AM

539 posts, read 241,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I’d definitely want the vaccine if I were working with COVID patients all day. Or even a few minutes a day. Seems like nurses would be begging for the vaccine, not resisting it to the point of losing their jobs.

Well maybe they happen to know something about this vaccine that we dont ? maybe they know what is in it is poison ? think about that for a minute and look up history about how many experiments the government did on certain races and certain shall we say tribes of ppl , what would keep them from doing the same thing now to the elderly , less fortunate , ppl on welfare ? Facts are the government lies to us everyday and they will do anything they can if they can get away with it .

Old 08-16-2021, 03:38 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
The Hospital i currently work at is not mandating vaccines you just have to get tested weekly. We are getting by with being short staffed they can not afford to lose anymore employees. I was looking at Hospitals jobs in NC and a lot of them are starting mandatory vaccines and they bounce you off the job application if your not vaccinated.

A lot of places is shooting themselves in the foot. They are going to have to have agency nurses fill in for more money or start offering crazy sign on bonuses and pay rates to attract people to the hospital.

I know a few nurses and nursing aides who gave up nursing to work in other fields.
Trying to use rational thinking with a cult doesn't work.

Keep in mind these are nurses that worked tirelessly to care for people all of last year and called heroes at the time. And the fact that vaccinated nurses can still transmit the disease. But now these nurses are not capable of knowing how to use PPE, and are lepers. And with a deficit of 23,000 nurses in Texas alone. This is the mentally of this group.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma_Duce View Post
Interesting…….. I guess some people don’t want to drink the Cool Aid

Get the vaccine or get fired? In Shenandoah Valley, some nurses choose termination.

They were hard to miss on the corner of a busy four-way intersection at the entrance to Winchester Medical Center: a group of about 20 people - many of them nurses, some in scrubs - protesting the hospital's recent coronavirus vaccine mandate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-f...174036809.html
Bye.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:10 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
I haven't read anybody mention that hospitals (medical schools) get grant money from big pharma, so is firing the unvaccinated nurses more about punishing them for rejecting the vaccine because it's bad advertising for the mRNA? Follow the money.

BTW, a hospital in my area stopped testing the nurses awhile back so they wouldn't be sent home if they tested positive for covid to prevent a shortage.

Last edited by wp169; 08-16-2021 at 05:18 AM..

Old 08-16-2021, 05:42 AM

30,262 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
i know others who will do the same thing. some have been vaccinated but will not take any further boosters etc. They say they worked thru a heavy workload when there was no vaccines. Most didnt get bonuses, a pat on the back etc . Their employers, hospitals, didn't care how stressful it was, didnt care they came to work everyday, etc but now they get fired. I don't blame the nurses one bit. Funny how it was ok for them to work all those hours, with very ill contagious patients, with no vaccine, barely any PPE, and suddenly they cant do their job unless they are vaccinated. Yeah, sure. Same crap different day!
In addition to that, imagine how they feel about working all of those long hours, and then watch as others have sat on their backsides, doing absolutely nothing, for well over a year, getting hand outs and eviction moratoriums.

What kind of a 'thank you' is that to health care workers?

And even now, right now, when there are way more jobs than those willing to take the jobs, people still sit at home doing absolutely nothing, still have an eviction moratorium, and these guys, who have worked through the entire thing, are now being told 'get vaccinated or else'?

That sends a pretty loud message as to how many view health care workers.

I don't blame them for quitting. They worked long hours, no thanks except for a few signs in peoples yards that most won't see (I saw quite a few doing deliveries, but health care workers don't tend to do deliveries after a long shift), no rewards, no nothing while leeches sit back and relax, enjoying the teet that the government propped into their mouths.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:48 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In addition to that, imagine how they feel about working all of those long hours, and then watch as others have sat on their backsides, doing absolutely nothing, for well over a year, getting hand outs and eviction moratoriums.

What kind of a 'thank you' is that to health care workers?

And even now, right now, when there are way more jobs than those willing to take the jobs, people still sit at home doing absolutely nothing, still have an eviction moratorium, and these guys, who have worked through the entire thing, are now being told 'get vaccinated or else'?

That sends a pretty loud message as to how many view health care workers.

I don't blame them for quitting. They worked long hours, no thanks except for a few signs in peoples yards that most won't see (I saw quite a few doing deliveries, but health care workers don't tend to do deliveries after a long shift), no rewards, no nothing while leeches sit back and relax, enjoying the teet that the government propped into their mouths.
The main reason that we are in this position is unvaccinated are causing the surge, blame them for not taking a free vaccine and burdening health care workers yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies