Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 03:33 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
If I were in charge

1. Starting tomorrow, everyone who is vaccinated less than 4 months, under 60 years old, with no known immunocompromised status or co morbdities would be suggested to be infected / exposed with covid 19. Unless already have natural immunity.
2. Vitamin D could be pushed for the entire population.
3. All successful (or potential successful) treatments would be allowed to be used.
4. All the people in charge of our current policy would be asked for their resignations and a new strategy would be formulated.
5. All vaccine mandates would be revoked.
6. The FDA would get pressure to approve Novavax.
7. For the time being -- winter, mask mandates would be put back into effect and everyone would be urged to get the N95 masks.
8. If you are over 60 and immunocompromised you would still be suggested to stay away from others and keep masks until better treatments / vaccines could be found.
9. if you are obese you will be required to lose weight or behave like the over 60 crowd. "Science" has shown fat allows viral load to increase...
Your suggested policies are a very mixed bag.

You totally lost me with #1. That was a bad idea to start your hypothetical proposal off with. That's like the controversial "Chicken Pox" parties (which I also disagree with), but playing with something more lethal, even among those relatively lower risk groups, and those who are at much lower risk due to being vaccinated.

#2 is fine just in general. Getting adequate Vitamin D is good for overall health, but regarding Covid protocol, it should be viewed as "in addition to" and not "in lieu of" as a measure.

#3 is fine, but the "off label" medical uses have to have some safety and efficacy where the benefits of treatment clearly outweigh the risks. Such as the case with vaccines.

#4 is fine on a case-by-case basis where that measure is warranted.

#5 I disagree with.

#6: The FDA shouldn't be receiving political pressure. They should be judging the safety and efficacy of medications based on their testing and data, not on someone in charge pressuring them.

#7 I agree with.

#8, I disagree that this age group shouldn't be vaccinated at this time with vaccines currently available, which is what it sounds like you're implying. If a more effective vaccine comes along later, that vaccine needs to account for any previous vaccines that have been given and be designed not conflict with those, but to boost immunity that's already there from past vaccines, and previous natural infection, if applicable. Any additional safety measures they take (such as staying away from higher risk situations, avoiding crowds, and adhering to masking), I agree with.

#9. It's advisable that people who are obese or have other health conditions do things to make themselves healthier. Who is going to require that as you propose, and how is that going to be enforced? It's not clear what your proposal on #9 is actually entailing.

Last edited by Jowel; 08-22-2021 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 03:35 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,813 times
Quote:
I have literally had dental work weekly since January and had a colonoscopy last year.. still don't have covid.
Unless I misunderstood their post, I think that person made the allegation that maybe they would not be allowed to do those things UNLESS they got the vaxx. And, that day may be coming... It's slowly creeping down into other aspects of our lives

Old 08-22-2021, 03:39 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
Quote:
I have literally had dental work weekly since January and had a colonoscopy last year.. still don't have covid.
That's pretty bad. Also incredibly stupid for someone to boast of such bad self-care and be advising people on how to take care of themselves. Geez.

I'm not surprised. I think there's a lot of people with fear of medical treatments other than pill-popping. Hence, they're going to wait till they're sick or in pain before they seek treatment. They also lash out at precautions taken to prevent the system being overloaded with the sick since anything that validates medical advice makes them look bad.

People should stay humble. Look at all the idiots dying who were bragging about not getting the shot. I think it's one thing to make a personal decision that affects only your life, but you cross the line when your actions and advice are detrimental to the health of others.

Old 08-22-2021, 03:52 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
That's pretty bad. Also incredibly stupid for someone to boast of such bad self-care and be advising people on how to take care of themselves. Geez.

I'm not surprised. I think there's a lot of people with fear of medical treatments other than pill-popping. Hence, they're going to wait till they're sick or in pain before they seek treatment. They also lash out at precautions taken to prevent the system being overloaded with the sick since anything that validates medical advice makes them look bad.

People should stay humble. Look at all the idiots dying who were bragging about not getting the shot. I think it's one thing to make a personal decision that affects only your life, but you cross the line when your actions and advice are detrimental to the health of others.
Say what? Where did Arya mention bad self-care? Or advising people how to take care of themselves?

I agree on that second point I bolded. Arya isn't doing that though. Arya was just comparing notes.

Old 08-22-2021, 04:45 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Where is the data? The link said ABC surveyed hospitals. How did the hospitals get the information about vaccination status? Someone shared a link on another thread that said it was 'estimates' from patient surveys OR from confirming records. I'd like to know how they know who is vaccinated. If they have a central database they are checking, can someone direct me to a link about that?

They can tell by the antibodies. If someone claimed to have been vaccinated but has zero antibodies, that'd have been a sure red flag. If someone claimed to not been vaccinated but has antibodies, it'd be really suspicious as well.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyha View Post
Yes some of us refuse to listen to the media that is telling NOTHING BUT LIES to push this crap.......
There are other sources outside of the media IF you truly want to be educated on the matter.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:39 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
I'm MUCH less worried as a vaccinated person than I would be as an unvaccinated person.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Instead you listen to random YouTube nut jobs?
How about these people

https://www.c19vaxreactions.com/?fbc...NP_3A2Me08tRSM

Old 08-22-2021, 05:55 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm MUCH less worried as a vaccinated person than I would be as an unvaccinated person.
Funny, I’m not vaccinated and don’t worry about it at all because I ALREADY HAD IT. Just like about 40,000,000 other people. And our immunity is longer-lasting than what you get with the vaccine. Why can we not seem to take this into account?

Old 08-22-2021, 06:00 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yep...peace of mind for us that have NOT caught covid yet and don't want to...with much less risk of hospitalization/death if we do. Will still practice mask wearing, and follow all health protocols whenever necessary...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies