Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 10:47 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure I had Covid a month ago. Yes we are fully vaxxed. At first I thought it was just a cold, but I had GI problems on both end for one day. The sore throat and cough were the worst part of it and that lasted about 4 days. I lost my sense of smell for about two weeks.

We were not wearing masks for about 8 weeks before I caught it. My husband was sick with an upper respiratory infection in early July, but I never caught it. He never caught Covid from me, and neither did anyone around me. We were up in Wisconsin spending the night with his 80+ year old aunt the day before I got sick. We did wear masks in her house, and she is not sick.

This bug is weird, and unpredictable. My biggest fear is giving it to the kids I'm around and can finally see now that we are fully vaccinated. I was worried about them giving it to us before we were vaccinated.

I do know of someone who was fully vaccinated in her 70's that died from Covid. She was a cancer survivor and Covid was just too much for her weakened body.

This is all very depressing, but without being vaccinated we would still be isolated. We are wearing N95 masks again in the stores, but we are able to see friends who are fully vaccinated and be around the kids again.

I'm sure kids under 12 will be vaccinated soon, even better. They're back in school now and I feel like every day is a worry without them being vaccinated.

I'm more than ready for this pandemic to be over, but I also know that science, not politics is the answer.

The smartest minds in the world are working on this. I have faith that the answer is just around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 12:51 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I find myself getting more and more disgusted with the continued insistence of the government, news media and the dime a dozen "armchair experts" passing along their latest manufactured "factoids" and speculations about said covid boogeyman, designed to keep the uninformed masses in a permanent state of panic. The better to control said masses.

I would find the continual finger pointing and ridiculous accusations flung back and forth between the "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" utterly silly if it weren't so sad and didn't promote even more division among the populace.

It's more than high time, IMO, to get the politics, and the government and the media mouthpieces the hell out of our healthcare, let the medical professionals manage and treat covid and related issues as it takes its place among the myriads of other viruses that make their rounds among the populace.
Really!

Old 08-23-2021, 12:53 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Well except that most of the deaths are the unvaccinated. That pesky little point just wont go away.
You are literally being lied to and do know it. In April, the CDC was being flooded with breakthrough cases so do you know what they did? They stopped counting them UNLESS it leads to hospitalization.

Does this strike you as honest behavior?

Old 08-23-2021, 06:47 PM

199 posts, read 67,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
You are literally being lied to and do know it. In April, the CDC was being flooded with breakthrough cases so do you know what they did? They stopped counting them UNLESS it leads to hospitalization.

If true, then the hospitalization and death rate for breakthrough infections is much lower then reported. Good news for the vaccinated.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:38 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
If true, then the hospitalization and death rate for breakthrough infections is much lower then reported. Good news for the vaccinated.
Sort of. Disappointing for vaccinated people in terms of long haul COVID and transmission.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:51 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm pretty sure I had Covid a month ago. Yes we are fully vaxxed. At first I thought it was just a cold, but I had GI problems on both end for one day. The sore throat and cough were the worst part of it and that lasted about 4 days. I lost my sense of smell for about two weeks.

We were not wearing masks for about 8 weeks before I caught it. My husband was sick with an upper respiratory infection in early July, but I never caught it. He never caught Covid from me, and neither did anyone around me. We were up in Wisconsin spending the night with his 80+ year old aunt the day before I got sick. We did wear masks in her house, and she is not sick.

This bug is weird, and unpredictable. My biggest fear is giving it to the kids I'm around and can finally see now that we are fully vaccinated. I was worried about them giving it to us before we were vaccinated.

I do know of someone who was fully vaccinated in her 70's that died from Covid. She was a cancer survivor and Covid was just too much for her weakened body.

This is all very depressing, but without being vaccinated we would still be isolated. We are wearing N95 masks again in the stores, but we are able to see friends who are fully vaccinated and be around the kids again.

I'm sure kids under 12 will be vaccinated soon, even better. They're back in school now and I feel like every day is a worry without them being vaccinated.

I'm more than ready for this pandemic to be over, but I also know that science, not politics is the answer.

The smartest minds in the world are working on this. I have faith that the answer is just around the corner.
If it’s science you’re looking at, you should stop worrying about the kids and Covid. The UK isn’t going to vaccinate the kids under 18 unless they have underlying health issues because kids are so very rarely affected seriously. A Johns Hopkins professor and chief editor of a medical magazine says teens have a greater chance of serious side effects from the vaccine than from Covid. (Both are in the thousandths of a percent range, btw.)

Old 08-23-2021, 09:31 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
It's the vaccinated that are driving the new cases and the delta surge. While the unvaccinated with natural immunity from having had Covid are just living life as normal.
Force the health care workers to get vaccinated and they'll either get sick from Covid or be forced to quit. That's an engineered disaster.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,517,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Force the health care workers to get vaccinated and they'll either get sick from Covid or be forced to quit. That's an engineered disaster.
Yea, I commented on that last week - There WILL be a health crisis soon, when people start quitting

Old 08-24-2021, 12:49 PM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post

They also deliberately skew the stats by going all the way to the start of things, way before any vaccines were available, to show percentages of how many unvaccinated were hospitalized.

"When we say '99% of all COVID-19 cases,' that means all the cases in the entirety of the pandemic, so back to March 2020," LFCHD Communications Director Kevin Hall said. "The '20-25% of new cases' is looking at 'over the last few weeks.'"

https://www.lex18.com/news/coronavir...es-also-rising

Old 08-24-2021, 01:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,517,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They also deliberately skew the stats by going all the way to the start of things, way before any vaccines were available, to show percentages of how many unvaccinated were hospitalized.

"When we say '99% of all COVID-19 cases,' that means all the cases in the entirety of the pandemic, so back to March 2020," LFCHD Communications Director Kevin Hall said. "The '20-25% of new cases' is looking at 'over the last few weeks.'"

https://www.lex18.com/news/coronavir...es-also-rising
Yes, I posted about that before...

ALl this doesn't add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies