Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 09:43 PM

17,639 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think we can assume you dont own a resturant in NYC
We can further assume that she doesn’t care about anyone but herself. Probably has a teachers pension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 09:46 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
They need to test the vaccinated before they enter each and every door.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:28 AM

3,412 posts, read 1,446,090 times
Default NYC business owners sue comrade de Blasio over no vax, no service mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Perfectly fine with mandates, and the vaccinated still required to wear masks everywhere like the unvaxxed and follow all health protocols.

See Restaurants, businesses sue Mayor de Blasio over vaccine mandate

August 18, 2021

”The suit says that the mandate is “arbitrary and capricious” for a slew of reasons including that the highly contagious COVID-19 Delta variant can spread among both vaccinated and unvaccinated people, the court documents claim.”

”The mandate also doesn’t accommodate certain exceptions for getting vaccinated such as those who’ve already gotten the virus; those who are allergic to ingredients in the vaccine; those who have pre-existing conditions that make getting the vaccine risky; and those whose religious beliefs stop them from getting it, the filing argues.”

The article goes on to hit another nail on the head by pointing out the only people competent to make the decision to get the jab is with a doctor and his/her patient, and not a politician.

JWK

Old 08-23-2021, 06:31 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think we can assume you dont own a resturant in NYC
I heard an interview last week from a restaurant owner in NYC who was happy with the vaccine mandate. Said it made her and her staff feel safer.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I heard an interview last week from a restaurant owner in NYC who was happy with the vaccine mandate. Said it made her and her staff feel safer.
Same type of person that thinks they'll stay dry under an umbrella with a few holes in it.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:38 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Step 1 towards locking down NYC again soon.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:44 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
You guys? Flip it around? I'm simply stating facts!

In August, 2021, the CDC reported “Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others…the Delta variant seems to produce the same high amount of virus in both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people…” LINK

JWK
Breakthrough infections are pretty rare, so the number of vaxxed people who could possibly be spreading the virus is a lot lower than the unvaxxed.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:47 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,536,587 times
There is a lot of misinformation out there in regards to the vaccine and it’s safety. I encourage people to do their own research and form their own opinion from reputable sources (not any “media”, think deeper like a researcher would). With that said they can mandate all they want it won’t affect me and my family because we are all vaccinated. We are never going to get out of this pandemic regardless if people are vaccinated or not as long as the philosophy is to save every life or vaccinate every person which is impossible. I don’t think we’re there yet mentally because we still have an overwhelming majority of people who still think this way to virtue signal their internet empathy. The consequence will be more government control more mask wearing and a false sense of safety.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:53 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
There is a lot of misinformation out there in regards to the vaccine and it’s safety. I encourage people to do their own research and form their own opinion from reputable sources (not any “media”, think deeper like a researcher would). With that said they can mandate all they want it won’t affect me and my family because we are all vaccinated. We are never going to get out of this pandemic regardless if people are vaccinated or not as long as the philosophy is to save every life or vaccinate every person which is impossible. I don’t think we’re there yet mentally because we still have an overwhelming majority of people who still think this way to virtue signal their internet empathy. The consequence will be more government control more mask wearing and a false sense of safety.
We vaxxed our way out of smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, etc. But I think people were smarter back in the day... they vaxxed themselves and their children. And made all those vaccines mandatory for attending public school. Yeah, people definitely used to be smarter.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:58 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
We vaxxed our way out of smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, etc. But I think people were smarter back in the day... they vaxxed themselves and their children. And made all those vaccines mandatory for attending public school. Yeah, people definitely used to be smarter.
Yeah, with REAL vaccines, not this untested mRNA crap!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies