Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 02:21 PM

628 posts, read 286,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
I and many others are actively participating in this thread. No one but you is telling people what to do. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to let you know your opinion is hogwash
I have no problem with anyone participating in the thread, or arguing their point of view. The thing I have a problem with is all these fake 'question' threads - just state your opinion in the title, don't look like you are really looking for an answer when you are only looking for more ways to debunk an honest answer. But hey, feel free to continue to participate in this false premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 02:22 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
It’s an unnecessary risk to my two small children, who are unvaccinated because they can’t yet get one. More and more children are getting hospitalized and some are dying from is (more than 400 have died in the US from COVID last I checked. So for the safety of my children and everyone else who isn’t able to get the vaccine, please consider getting vaccinated and helping to keep others safe.
to get to 400 deaths (per CDC. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics ) you have to include 12-15 year olds. who ARE eligible for the vaccine.

Of those not eligible, it's 274 of ~5MM kids. Do your children have immune-compromising illness/disease? Do you know what the breakdown of those 274 is?

In January, children were hospitalized at a rate of 1/4 child per 100K children. Now, it's about 1/2 a child per 100K children. Before, statistically not 1 child in the MPLS school system would be in the hospital. Nor would 1 now.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:22 PM

494 posts, read 180,012 times
Why do people even start these threads? The anti vaxxers have their belief, whether political or not and the vaxxers have theirs. No word twisting by either side is going to change anyone's mind so really what is the point. Personally I have been vaccinated. I know people that haven't and that's their right, but don't come crying about it when you are in the hospital. I was talking to someone this weekend that is unvaccinated, came down with Covid 3 weeks ago and had to make several trips to the hospital because they couldn't breathe. In her words, "damn straight I'm getting the vaccine now. This was hell."

The one question I have for anti-vaxxers is this.....if you've received every other vaccine throughout your life what is your real motivation for not getting this one? Is it to stick it to "the Man", show your love of Trump, walk around like a bad ass,?

Old 09-13-2021, 02:29 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It’s not a vaccine. It’s a government marketing scheme. They will not address it, discuss it, or talk about it in any way. And the shot is a bust anyway. Shot or no shot you can catch and pass the covid. Shot or no shot the virus can mutate. Just like the flu does. The only benefit thus far is symptoms may be less severe. So you have a better chance of not dying. They refuse to come clean about what the “non-vaccine” really is, or isn’t, and it’s actual effectiveness. It’s political. Nothing to do with health or caring about you.
Best answer! It's all about money & control. Think annual flu shot logic on steroids.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:32 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ed-people.html
of course those with the vaccine have at least SOME protection against the virus.

Which is a greater risk to your child:

1. You have 65% protection, get infected, and unknowingly bring it home in the next 4 months before vaccines are approved.

2. Anyone that your child doesn't come in close contact with for 15 minutes a day infecting them having Covid AND infecting them in the next 4 months.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:34 PM

628 posts, read 286,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
And what false premise is that?
That the OP actually wants an answer, rather than an opportunity to tell everyone why they're wrong. Everyone already knows all the reasons many people consider unvaccinated people risks, they just don't want to accept them and that's their right. Just don't pretend otherwise.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:39 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Interesting thing Belling brought up... Mississippi has some of the strictest vaccine laws in the country and has for some time... kids must be vaccinated to go to school and there is no religious exemption. He had callers call up and say yeah I'm 80 years old but when my kids were growing up they had to be vaccinated to attend school. Just remember that vaccine mandates have occurred numerous times in the history of the country. I don't think the left is handling this well, but using a vaccine mandate as an example of how we are descending into tyranny is an exaggeration. I support the right to choose. Do as you wish.

They were passing out religious exemption forms at work this weekend.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:57 PM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I certainly classify as evangelical. I have no issue with gay marriage. The only thing I can say about abortion is Id prefer to see a legal option for people who are victims of rape/incest--there is still a moral issue obviously for everyone to deal with if they choice to do abortion. Ill definitely still consider those people baby killers.
When morality enters the conversation its gets too deep and our sense of reason has to be abandoned. For instance an embryo that came into being as a result of rape or incest had no part in the circunstance, but in many pro-life debates it is expendable.

I read a sad story of a young man and woman, mother and father of five children and an infant who died of Covid weeks apart. How very sad I thought until I got to the part were they were unvacinated. Is it immoral to think of them any less because they did play a part in their unfortunate circumstance, or is it immoral to think of an embryo as expendable when it had no choice in its unfortunate circumstance.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:03 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,421,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The hospitalization argument could also apply to vaccinated and unvaccinated people who are obese as well since that is the group most often hospitalized for Covid.
Yes, and we aren't seeing hatred directed at the obese. That would be politically incorrect.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:03 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It took a year and half, but we are now at the end all, be all of every liberal argument: do it for the children.

Stop using children as pawns in your political ideology.
Huh? I didn’t realize that advocating for public health or for the health and safety of my children was a political ideology? I think most people you’d come across care about the well-being of their children and other loved ones, regardless of political affiliation, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies