Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 01:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Actually, I don’t even think you have a right to not stand, if that is the school’s policy. If you are attending that school and that school’s requires you to do certain things, then you are required to follow their rules.

If you don’t agree with the school’s policy, you have the right to leave and go find another school that fits your believes better.
Can't go to another school since democrats fight school choice because they don't care about our garbage education system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 01:56 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
There is more. 60% chance 'agitated' = violent
other lesser probabilities including the principal was being a jerk.

These wokester people are literally not worth the the time they take up.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If you aren't going to learn and respect our laws you should consider going back home to your country. The law (as confirmed by the Supreme Court) says that they have a right to not stand.
The Supreme Court is always right.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:12 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
Yes, last time I checked this is America.
This being the USA, my understanding is that students have the FREEDOM to sit or stand. Thus, my question.

When did you attend school, 1950?

Old 09-21-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Like so many idiot libs, I'll bet these girls have been taught that the lyrics of the anthem are pro-war, that it's a celebration of the USA bombing an enemy thru the night. They probably think it was a battle to preserve slavery, or some other idiocy.
Or they were just being brats. Sometimes it’s nothing more than no home training. My first question is whether they were misbehaving during the anthem because they don’t have to stand.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:16 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to play the National Anthem without incident, 'heroes' like these two kiddies continue to be disruptive and disrespect the symbols of our country.

I'm guessing some were initially trying to make it seem that the two girls were arrested only because they refused to stand for the National Anthem.

Not the case. They were arrested because it seems like they got "agitated" after being told to stand for the National Anthem, so much so that a teacher went to the principal and police were called.

What is so hard about standing up to pay respect towards the country that gives you so many freedoms. Ignorant narcissists with chips on their shoulder, no wonder our country is doomed.

https://kfor.com/news/local/confront...tional-anthem/
Its just part of their business model.
1. Get your feelings hurt
2. Get lots of pubiliciity
3. Sue
4. Settle for big sum.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Not quite. You conveniently are ignoring the part where these unpatriotic little turds took it to another level where the Police were called. I bet you cheer on the teachers who tape masks to kids faces.
No. I addressed your comment. No one said their behavior wasn’t out of line. However, you took issue with my question about children having to stand. I don’t remember that even when I was in school.

You can look in that “tape masks” thread for my comment since you think you know it all.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:23 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This being the USA, my understanding is that students have the FREEDOM to sit or stand. Thus, my question.

When did you attend school, 1950?
That may be so but as other situations with authorities that tend to escalate and not end well, the best thing to do at the moment is to comply or calmly ask to take leave and then take up your freedoms through the proper channels. The thing not to do is get agitated and loud and confrontational.
Is respect and acceptable behavior still a thing or did it become extinct in 1950.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That may be so but as other situations with authorities that tend to escalate and not end well, the best thing to do at the moment is to comply or calmly ask to take leave and then take up your freedoms through the proper channels. The thing not to do is get agitated and loud and confrontational.
Is respect and acceptable behavior still a thing or did it become extinct in 1950.
No one is debating that. It’s Lawton. If you know anything about the place, you wouldn’t be surprised at that behavior.

This was my comment and question…

Quote:
Lawton…no surprise.

Schools still stand for the national anthem though?
No need to get bent out of shape over. I just wondered because even when I was in high school, no one stood. Thought that ship had long sailed.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Point it out where I took issue with that. Everyone, my kids, my siblings all had to stand in school.
You had an issue with my question.

Quote:
Lawton…no surprise.

Schools still stand for the national anthem though?
If you didn’t, you wouldn’t have quoted me and responded with this:

Quote:
Yes, last time I checked this is America.
And again, it is America and last time I checked, it hasn’t been a requirement for sometime. I was surprised that it was even an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies