Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 12:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why?
It's better to leave a situation you don't agree with than to be rude towards the other person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 12:22 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's better to leave a situation you don't agree with than to be rude towards the other person.
Sorry, I meant why he/she hates the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem

Old 09-22-2021, 12:59 PM

831 posts, read 333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to play the National Anthem without incident, 'heroes' like these two kiddies continue to be disruptive and disrespect the symbols of our country.

I'm guessing some were initially trying to make it seem that the two girls were arrested only because they refused to stand for the National Anthem.

Not the case. They were arrested because it seems like they got "agitated" after being told to stand for the National Anthem, so much so that a teacher went to the principal and police were called.

What is so hard about standing up to pay respect towards the country that gives you so many freedoms. Ignorant narcissists with chips on their shoulder, no wonder our country is doomed.

https://kfor.com/news/local/confront...tional-anthem/
How did I know before I even clicked on the link who they were....I nailed it. I had 2 guesses and YEP! Bingo. My kids know better to do something like this stunt.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:02 PM

831 posts, read 333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What is so hard to understand about the girls having the Constitutional right as American citizens to decide whether to stand for the National Anthem or not, whether it pisses off a teacher or not?

I thought the whole thing was about "freedom".
Can't threaten a teacher and seeing how I have been around those kinds of people my entire life I know exactly why they are like. Got loud, starting yelling screaming, whining about racism etc etc threatened teacher...saw it SO many times growing up in school. I can't imagine schools are any better now. I learned more on my own getting my GED than I ever did in those factories they call schools that let certain students act like wild animals.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:17 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Eh…there may be more to this. Apparently this was during a pep rally. They didn’t stand. The teacher approached them and told them to stand. The students said there were white students also sitting but they were being singled out. Hopefully someone has a video.

https://washingtonnewsday.com/news/a...tional-anthem/
I guarantee there is more to it. Just keep in mind, mom wasn’t there and has only heard one side of the story.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:26 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
A little bit more information. The ACLU has sent a letter to the school, informing them that the girls were exercising their constitutional rights, and shouldn't have been approached about it.

Another point - and this is a good one - it's ridiculous that discipline problems that used to be handled within the school (detention, suspension, etc.) are now being handled in the courts. So youthful raucous behavior now earns them a criminal record.

We had that problem in the Dallas area, where kids who acted out and should have had a Saturday detention or lunch detention for a week were treated through the court system for "disruption of public education".

Not ok.

https://theblackwallsttimes.com/2021...tional-anthem/
This is happening because schools’ hands are being tied. You can thank the Obama administration and their “Dear Colleague” letters for it. See there were studies out that showed there was a very strong correlation between a person being suspended in school and a person ending up in prison and these IDIOTS, instead of saying to themselves “gosh, now we know who the kids are that we should try to work on reforming so they stop going down the wrong path” decided the solution was to stop suspending students.

Freaking idiots.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:15 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I guarantee there is more to it. Just keep in mind, mom wasn’t there and has only heard one side of the story.
Very true.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:20 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Unfortunately, the kids may have experienced a teacher leaning in to tell them to stand up without having to raise her voice, and in the telling it became 'she got in my face'.

Teenagers exaggerate to begin with. In a household where mom is at the ready to defend them, it's probably magnified.
Pep rallies are loud so the teacher was probably raising her voice. But likely because of the noise…

Agree re teenagers, especially when they want parents to back their poor behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Sorry, I am late, so I didn't read all 11 pages.

This alleged incident took place on September 2. Is there any video of the actual incident? All I saw on the first page was a video of the mother saying it happened.

This was in a pep rally. There had to have been hundreds of students with smartphones. Did no one film it? I will remain skeptical until I see video of the actual incident.
Same here. I’m waiting for the video. It’s all speculation right now…

Old 09-22-2021, 02:27 PM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Lawton…no surprise.

Schools still stand for the national anthem though?
Lawton, OK is a military town AND always was AND always will be a military town filled with military, former military, retirees and their family members. Without Fort Sill, the town couldn’t survive.

Anyway, if those two kid are not happy in the evil and racist USA, they should illegally sneak into another country of their choice since right now, millions would be more than happy to trade with them.

Just another case of two dumb@zz teens who don’t know nothing other than what the communist Left tells them what to believe.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:35 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
30 day suspension for not standing for the anthem? What is this China???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies