Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 01:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So the only reason to want to protect humanity at its most vulnerable stage is be the hate women? Wow, where did you come up with that gem?

These babies when aborted are killed when they need their mother the most, but she’s just not there for them. Sad days.
If you're not the father, then it's none of your business. Where are the fathers? Are they too busy screwing other women to act like fathers?

Old 09-23-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Nope...there are 2 counts of murder imposed when pregnant women are killed...this alone proves the fetus is legally considered a real and separate life. They would not be able to impose a 2nd murder charge if the fetus was not a human life.
So you want all abortion banned. The woman who refuses to give birth is charged with murder. If found guilty, should she be subject to up to life in prison or death?

Old 09-23-2021, 01:55 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Abortion should be renamed "the issue that neither side budges on and is a gigantic waste of time to address when there are other issues in society that could be addressed."

Old 09-23-2021, 01:57 PM

2,903 posts, read 994,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Suuure you know people's innermost feelings
I accompanied them to their abortions and have been friends with them for over 40 years and take them at their words when they tell me that they don't have guilt over it.

(I was pregnant with my child when I accompanied one friend who was having an abortion. It was a painful experience for me to sit in that clinic, to be honest. But I supported her because it was her decision and I was her friend.)

Old 09-23-2021, 01:57 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Hi, C-D posters. It strikes me, as it usually does when the conversation turns to abortion, that rarely does anybody offer up their personal experience. There are many assumptions about who we are and why we abort a pregnancy, which may or may not be true, so I thought I'd offer you the opportunity to ask me any question you see fit to ask, and I'll answer as truthfully as possible for the next hour or so, while I have the time to participate in the conversation. What do you want to know? In the meantime, here are the basics of my story...

When? Twenty-one weeks gestation
Where? University Hospital, Ohio (no longer possible)
Why? Congenital defect
Method? Induction

Old 09-23-2021, 01:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Call it what you want. I can call an infant an adolescents but it doesn't make it one. I can call an adolescent and adult but it doesn't make it one.
I have called elderly gentlemen "young man" but they weren't.

Petition the courts/states/POTUS to grant personhood, with all the rights and responsibilities granted to persons, to embryos and fetuses then I will consider your suggestion.
If you kill a pregnant woman, do you think you'll only be charged with a single murder?

Old 09-23-2021, 02:00 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Hi, C-D posters. It strikes me, as it usually does when the conversation turns to abortion, that rarely does anybody offer up their personal experience. There are many assumptions about who we are and why we abort a pregnancy, which may or may not be true, so I thought I'd offer you the opportunity to ask me any question you see fit to ask, and I'll answer as truthfully as possible for the next hour or so, while I have the time to participate in the conversation. What do you want to know? In the meantime, here are the basics of my story...

When? Twenty-one weeks gestation
Where? University Hospital, Ohio (no longer possible)
Why? Congenital defect
Method? Induction
Thank you kj1065. I have no questions. Its none of my business.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Every living human being has inherent, inalienable rights to life, liberty and private property (in this case, the baby's property is its body).
In other words, to you, the unborn baby's rights must always rule over the pregnant woman's rights and needs.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-23-2021 at 02:39 PM..

Old 09-23-2021, 02:02 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
women do in fact sometimes die due to pregnancy or childbirth.

but that's not the point.

You're free to believe that an embryo is a person but your belief doesn't mean that you can force that opinion on others.

Don't like abortion? Don't have one. That is your only option, not to compel everyone to do what you happen to believe.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:03 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
If you kill a pregnant woman, do you think you'll only be charged with a single murder?
I think the fetal homicides laws drawn up by state legislators have nothing to do with abortion or fetal development. They are politically based and specifically exempt abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies