Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 06:14 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Agree, kids here are helicopter parented to death
Is anyone allowed to leave their house in Australia?
Nope. Every single person has been boarded up inside and that's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 06:16 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

So why aren't medical professionals pushing for lifestyle changes as much as the vaccine?

If you eat anything out of a box, is mostly garbage, not to mention countless fast food chains. Even some restaurants serve poor quality 'food.'
Intelligent people have realized this and acted accordingly. Certainly in our Leftist controlled world, all truth is cancelled so that's why the majority (AKA Village Idiots), don't know the basics of good health.

Personally, I've reduced my bodyfat to 10.7% and increased muscle mass to 45% and make sure my blood number indicate good health. The fitter one is and the smaller your waist size, the better your immune system and ability to fight covid and other disease.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Agree, kids here are helicopter parented to death
Is anyone allowed to leave their house in Australia?
I'm sure the ruling class can "bend" the rules.

That's how it works.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Forcing is not necessary, but at least a strong campaign to influence public opinion.

Hell, other countries have banned certain ingredients we put into our food. It's pathetic.
Wait, you want the government to campaign for diet/exercise?

You want the government to possibly ban certain ingredients in food?

Sounds a bit dystopian to me.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

So why aren't medical professionals pushing for lifestyle changes as much as the vaccine?

If you eat anything out of a box, is mostly garbage, not to mention countless fast food chains. Even some restaurants serve poor quality 'food.'
I wonder if our modern standards of hygiene are too efficient, our immune systems are weak because we never have to put them to use. Like muscles, if you don't use them you will lose them.

I also agree with the ops post.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm sure the ruling class can "bend" the rules.

That's how it works.
Nope. Every single Australian has been locked down inside their houses and there's only drones and remote controlled delivery bots allowed outside.

Oh, and a few random roos who have been trained to carry cases of beer in their pouches and sneak them round the back.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:57 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Nope. Every single Australian has been locked down inside their houses and there's only drones and remote controlled delivery bots allowed outside.

Oh, and a few random roos who have been trained to carry cases of beer in their pouches and sneak them round the back.
Have they sorted out the KFC delivery prob yet?

Old 09-24-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Wait, you want the government to campaign for diet/exercise?

You want the government to possibly ban certain ingredients in food?

Sounds a bit dystopian to me.
It's funny how a bunch of the anti vax because gubbmint people are now upset that the gubbmint aren't pushing healthy lifestyles.

Like that ever worked.

And like people wouldn't get more unhealthy on purpose just to show em.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Have they sorted out the KFC delivery prob yet?
I wouldn't know that happened in a different country.

There are no KFC delivery roos in NZ.

Old 09-24-2021, 07:05 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,670,656 times
I just read the flyer from my local grocery store. What a wake-up moment.

90% of items on sale were packaged, bottled or otherwise "packaged." A scant few items were natural and healthy.

It's a battle for most Americans to chose wisely at the grocery store when the deck is so obviously stacked against us. Chips and sodas are heavily marketed to us.

Broccoli?? Not so much.

Food manufacturers are very smart. They load the foods with salt, fat, sugar and seasonings until they are close to--or are--addictive.

We've been studied. Now we're the lab rats--and we're obese...

Sure we have free will...but will we chose the 10% or the 90%??

What's in your grocery cart? Are you winning or losing the food battle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies