Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 12:55 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So maybe we'll never know....

Back in the 80's the Air Traffic Controllers walked out.
Reagan ordered them back to work or get fired...said something about threat to national security
He fired 12K Air traffic controllers.

If the FAA did anything you betcha they would not tell the press about it.
(Good for them)
Reagan did the right thing at the time considering the circumstances. A union organized sick-out is not allowed and punishable according to legislation and a lot of people would have been in a lot of trouble. A more loosely, non-union organized sick-out is their loophole and probably what they did.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
Why is there any resistance by anyone to report what is actually happening?

What is the exact reason why MSM would not report this story?

This was/is a protest of vaccine mandates.

If you are pro-vax and are scared of any news regarding "anti-vaxxers" you have serious mental health problems, in my estimation.
Since there aren't enough un-vaxxed pilots to go around these days, the best case scenario would be to have one vaxxed, the other not. This way the if 'drop dead pilot' scene plays out in the air, someone is alive to land the plane.

Advisors for the Air Force and Navy are already recommending that vaxxed pilots be grounded (no one's listening yet). As for commercials airlines, both the pro-vax and anti vaxxers are claiming 'the other side' has the guy/ gal who'll ultimately drop dead.

It's a common sense compromise where everyone wins (except for the Government and Medical elite who are still bent on forcing the godd damm vaccines on everyone, everywhere, everyway).

Maybe all it will take for change are a few commercial crashes with stroked out or inexperienced vaxxed replacement pilots (or to be fair), unvaxxed pilots who catch covid and die mid-flight (because they would have called in sick otherwise).

Old 10-11-2021, 01:49 PM

1,111 posts, read 748,147 times

Old 10-11-2021, 02:05 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess we can blame any flight delays on a controller sick out because of vaccines, you don't even need a reliable news source.
CNN won't tell any tales of incidents that oppose mandates.

But you go ahead and believe in that make believe storm that ONLY grounded SW planes..Sat and Sun

Old 10-11-2021, 02:27 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:

But you go ahead and believe in that make believe storm that ONLY grounded SW planes..Sat and Sun
What a strange weather system indeed

Old 10-11-2021, 02:43 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times
I am not sure if vaccination mandates played a part in flight cancellations. But, I hope it did. I hope that those that choose not to vaccinate make the tyrants that are pushing COVID mandates and loss of livelihoods pay dearly. I hope they miss holidays with family and the birth of their grandchildren. I hope that it costs them thousands and tens of thousands of dollars for failing to make important, profitable business trips. I hope that their favorite restaurants close because those that love and cherish freedom refuse their tyranny. I hope that they become as isolated as they wish the unvaccinated to be.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post

Advisors for the Air Force and Navy are already recommending that vaxxed pilots be grounded (no one's listening yet).
Rarely reply to my own posts but someone asked via DM where I got this: https://www.scribd.com/document/5277...lower-Ltc-Long

Old 10-11-2021, 03:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
21 more airline soon to be affected, Amtrak just got hit too. Total implosion. Buttigig or what ever his gay name is, has no clue what to do or how to do it to get this catastrophe in the making, along with what to do about the ship bridge in the pacific to japan.

https://rumble.com/vnlja5-the-us-is-...-collapse.html

Old 10-11-2021, 04:15 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:

A walkout because of a vaccine mandate sounds just so much more exciting but of course it's not true.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:36 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Hundreds of more flights cancelled today.That must be one big storm they are having.This could crush them.Can you imagine anyone stupid enough to buy a SW ticket today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies