Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 06:34 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

I'm going to make Greta proud. I'm about to order a battery limb trimmer. It's a mini chain saw on the end of a long pole. I've already got a battery impact, drill (they work awesome) and circular saw (is horrible), hopefully the little chain saw works better than the circular saw does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 06:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...174600432.html

All sales of off road gas powered equipment banned
Just went to battery operated lawn mower. LOVE IT. Gas mowers tend not to die so they will exist for a long time...the ban is on the sale of gas lawn mowers if I read the article correctly.

So if you move in and own a gas mower -- you can use it.

So like every other issue -- someone can drive to Nevada by a gas mower and then take it to California?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:18 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
What's the big deal with having to use an electric generator? Just plug it in to the house you are providing electricity to. It'll be one big loop. Isn't that how it works?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:21 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...174600432.html

All sales of off road gas powered equipment banned
................... and they still have not reached peak lunacy yet!

I really would love to see the actual thought process unfold as liberals gather together and make these destructive, insane plans. It must be very amusing to hear all the reasons and rationalizations for these terrible decisions.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:38 AM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
What's the big deal with having to use an electric generator? Just plug it in to the house you are providing electricity to. It'll be one big loop. Isn't that how it works?
What’s the big deal about the government dictating every aspect of your life?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:51 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
................... and they still have not reached peak lunacy yet!

I really would love to see the actual thought process unfold as liberals gather together and make these destructive, insane plans. It must be very amusing to hear all the reasons and rationalizations for these terrible decisions.

I'm sure it's one giant "It doesn't negatively effect me so it must be good for everyone" -fest.

That's the self-centered leftist for you.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:08 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
The law is crafted in a way that it really will only target mostly small engine landscapers. I own a EGO electric line trimmer it works great. I have seen the blowers they work well also the only one I see having problem is chain saws. The load put on a chain saw when cutting a 14-20 inch trees battery power just won't be enough.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:09 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I'm sure it's one giant "It doesn't negatively effect me so it must be good for everyone" -fest.

That's the self-centered leftist for you.
Bingo. They’ll be crying when their landscaping isn’t up to par and the prices go up, lol.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:40 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,742,578 times
I'm repeating myself, sorry.

My big Stihl backpack-type leaf blower gets the job done in 20 minutes.

My small handheld Stihl gas leaf blower does the same job in 45 minutes.

My Ryobi handheld battery-powered leaf blower does the same job in 2 hours, not including the time spent charging batteries, and we have three batteries and two chargers.

Usually we replace the batteries every 2 years. We also buy fresh gas twice a year, for our 2-gallon gas can+ Stabil and 2-cycle oil, cost is less than one single Ryobi battery.

That 4 gallons of unleaded supports 2 Stihl leaf blowers, 1 Husqvarna chain saw, a Husqvarna brush cutter and a Stihl gas trimmer, for one year. We have a big yard and I help the neighbors sometimes for free. Anything is better than the vacuum cleaner my wife insists on using daily.

Last edited by mgforshort; 10-25-2021 at 09:07 PM..

Old 10-25-2021, 09:23 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
How do you think giant old growth trees were cut down by men before power tools were invented?

See, there's all manner of these things called hand tools made for cutting everything from trees to blades of grass. They are operated by hand, powered by people power, used for thousands of years before power tools became popular. Lots of people still use hand tools. And a bonus is there are no emissions from hand tools.

And did you type this out on an old .Remington Rand and mail it in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies