Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 11:17 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Of course because it's true.

The vaccine lasts 6 months and does NOT prevent you from catching covid.
Got a legitimate cite for that?

"Prevent" - it does not 100% prevent. Never claimed to. It certainly significantly lowers your chance of getting it - as well as significantly increases your chance of a more mild case.

But you know that.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
You, nor ANYONE ELSE, has the right or authority to make me get an EXPERIMENTAL INJECTION!!!!!!

Who has held you down and forced you to get a vaccine?

I assume you are not currently in the military - who absolutely can do that.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:23 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
We also know that conservatives flying that flag are full of crap as they continue to cheer on the government control of women's reproductive rights.

Well Said!

Old 10-12-2021, 11:24 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Represent.

https://twitter.com/TheJordanRachel/...524849154?s=20

Biden's about to find out who really runs this country.
What's going on??? Everyone has turned against Biden overnight. He has few allies.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:31 AM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

"Prevent" - it does not 100% prevent. Never claimed to. It certainly significantly lowers your chance of getting it - as well as significantly increases your chance of a more mild case.

But you know that.
You are right. It is 95% PREVENT.

Can you put a number to that "significantly" or is vague wording good enough for you ?

What are my chances of catching covid without a vaccine ? What is the number here ?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:33 AM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:

But you know that.
Seems "your" legitimate sites don't actually report the whole story and any site providded to you will be met with a reply of " That's faux news"

Here's the facts of what's happening in Western New York. My cousin is in assisted living and Covid ran through that place back in 2020 when Cuomo sent all the elderly back to the facility. Despite his age and comorbidities - he had nothing more than the symptoms of a cold. Fast forward to today - every patient at the facility are vaccinated as are all the staff. The place has been on lock down again for the past 6 weeks because there are 12 patients with Covid. Obviously someone already vaccinated brought it in and infected people.

For me - it's a person's choice. I'd rather a pilot not get the vaccine than have heart complications in the middle of a flight I'm on.

The vaccine actually offers very little additional protection than before we had the vaccines as most people didn't get Covid or had very light symptoms. If anything the vaccine has made people think they are invincible. They've discarded proper hygiene, there is no testing to see if there are break through cases ect..
I felt safer in the hospital last Dec before vaccines as everyone was at the top of their game.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:33 AM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Who has held you down and forced you to get a vaccine?

I assume you are not currently in the military - who absolutely can do that.
So "force" means physical to you.

There is this thing called coercion. Get shot or get fired.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:37 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
...yet stats show that their call-out rate (sick rate) was not abnormal.

This is just more propaganda, and you are happily spreading it, because it undermines our American values.

...deleted wildly off-topic commentary ...

Silly people, you are being duped by the biased right wing media, just the same as you see the left being duped by theirs.
Quote:
From an article on this topic: “So you have some people calling in sick, and then you have this extra 20 percent of flights that they’re relying on people to come out there and cover,” the pilot explained. “And people like me are saying, a week ago, you mandated me to do something I’m not comfortable doing—so these are the dominos beginning to fall.

He stressed that there was no “organized sickout,” or even unofficial talk amongst themselves about calling in sick.

“Nothing like that is going on,” he insisted.
while we should all attempt to better understand the contract(s) between SW and their pilots, it *sounds like* ...

any "organized sick out" isn't allowed. But the way SW schedules, they are probably relying on pilots to pick up EXTRA flights as they run a very lean organization. And those roughly 20% of pilots said "no".

Old 10-12-2021, 11:38 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Anyone stopping you from that?

Or do you just not want to deal with the consequences of those decisions?
So, you are in favor of the government deciding what gets injected into your body, and you are willing to deny people their livelihoods if they refuse. There's a word for someone like that: tyrant.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So "force" means physical to you.

There is this thing called coercion. Get shot or get fired.
Free to find another job where your medical choices don't put others at risk.

No one is jailing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies