Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 03:51 AM

17,626 posts, read 17,696,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
If you change rap to "any genre" and black to male, then you pretty much describe every guy who has performed at the super bowl in the last 30 years. yet somehow its rap and black people that are the problem ????
This issue is today when it wasn’t an issue in the past. Even with the issue of the words used in the coach’s personal email while he was not an employee of the NFL, the NFL still chose to allow rappers to perform at this season’s Super Bowl halftime show in spite of their long history of writing lyrics involving misogyny as well as hatred toward homosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 05:15 AM

30,443 posts, read 21,289,763 times
I guess then every coach should be canned stan if they read all their e mails.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:09 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Blacks, Gays, and Women.

And dumb enough to put it all in emails.

Gruden called NFL commissioner Roger Goodel a “faggot” and a “clueless anti-football *****.”

He voiced his opposition to the league’s pressuring of Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher to select “queers.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...iders-2457710/
Everybody is entitled to their OWN opinions and freedom of speech allows him to voice his.

You are just mad because you DON'T agree with him.

I wish MORE would speak up.

Funny though, I DON'T recall you EVER going after ANYONE voicing a different opinion!

Why is that?

I smell a hypocrite.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
I don't follow the NFL, there are better sports to watch, but I am curious. Was that Gruden man wrong? I don't mean about the slurs. I mean about Goodel in general. A lot of my ex-pat friends who like the NFL absolutely hate the guy.
"I don't mean about the slurs."

And NO ONE on the let EVER goes after any lefty when they throw their slurs!

Old 10-13-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Inappropriate language, but he should get an award for the sentiment expressed about Goodel.
Post a single time ANYONE on the left went after another lefty for their inappropriate language.

When Do We “Impeach the Motherf*cker”? (With Rashida Tlaib), talking about President Trump.

The left is FULL of "inappropriate language."( I could fill PAGES of examples) and NONE left ever goes after them, so save us the sudden "I care". B.S.

"People in glass houses, should NOT throw rocks"!

Old 10-13-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Dude has no one to blame but himself. All he had to do was not e-mail those things to a third party. E-mails are forever. He should have known tht in 2011
"Dude has no one to blame but himself."
I don't think he gives a damn what YOU THINK and shouldn't.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:46 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Gruden sucks as a coach anyway...in 3 yrs, he never once took the Raiders to the playoffs...

That said, you can't make comments like these and expect them to not become public...and once they did, it's either resign or be fired.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:28 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Everybody is entitled to their OWN opinions and freedom of speech allows him to voice his.

You are just mad because you DON'T agree with him.

I wish MORE would speak up.

Funny though, I DON'T recall you EVER going after ANYONE voicing a different opinion!

Why is that?

I smell a hypocrite.
Who's mad? I'm making a common sense statement. Do you always have to reply with antagonistic attacks? Honestly, you might want to look in the mirror when accusing others of being mad. I also don't recall making a racist comment on this board, or making slurs against gays or women (but feel free to go through my history and post such comment....or perhaps button your mouth). In addition, I'm not stupid enough to call the top man in charge of any company I worked for....a f*****

Old 10-13-2021, 07:52 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am bringing LeBron up because it's pertinent to this discussion - this new neo-apartheid America we now live in, where black men can racially attack (literally and figuratively) any other group they want, and face no consequences, but white men can't even "offend" anyone without being completely destroyed.

That's why I bring Lebron up.
There is a double standard on race. Its an overreaction I agree. Everything should be equal but it never has been. The pendulum just swings one way or another. Yes black people get away with saying things about white people. But when they cross that line with LBGT folks they lose that battle. Ask Kevin Hart and now Dave Chappelle among others. Trans people are probably at top of the protected mountain right now.

But I think what Gruden said was wrong. Certainly should lose his job for that. You need to be smart in this world. I never allow a situation where someone can have something over on me. You never want to say on the phone, text, email, social media post or with others that others can use against you. And that is nothing new. Now its just easier to look back at anyone and find their paper trail.

People of all types should be tougher and not whine about everything. Its only words. But that includes Trump leaning white people who now feel the need play the sympathy card because they cannot get away with saying racist things about black people.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-13-2021 at 08:40 AM..

Old 10-13-2021, 08:47 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So? Had this come to light....15 years ago, we all would have laughed, and Gruden would not have got fired.

Today, white hetero men can say nothing without being "offensive".

This is effectively An American NEO-APARTHEID. And Gruden is another victim of this neo-apartheid.

Gruden's probably $40MILLION stuffed away, and unlike a low-IQ loser like Lebron, he will be wise with his fortune...
Pretty sure he would have been fired 15 years ago. Can’t think of any point in the last 50 years where his comments would just be brushed off. The Dixie Chicks were cancelled for far less and that was nearly 20 years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies