Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 01:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
This was a PERSONAL e-mail. What's next we are checking everybody's personal e-mails a decade ago or put mics in houses and go over all their texts. This is PC on steroids. A lot of worse things players and coaches say to each other on the field.
Sent to a friend's employer email address. Oops.

Are those players in positions of power and authority over the people they denigrate? Do their words potentially impact the organizations ability to hire/recruit quality personnel?

Are they easily replaced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 01:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Blacks, Gays, and Women.

And dumb enough to put it all in emails.

Gruden called NFL commissioner Roger Goodel a “faggot” and a “clueless anti-football *****.”

He voiced his opposition to the league’s pressuring of Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher to select “queers.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...iders-2457710/
We are soft as a culture if we are upset over WORDS.

Jesus...stop this insanity. The man had an opinion from years ago. Goodell IS clueless. The NFL SHOULDN'T have forced teams to hire people just based on sexual preference, etc.

Stop trying to sterilize everything.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
As bad as cancel culture is, this isn't even that. Gruden went far off into being hateful. This wasn't a "those were the times" type of thing either. He's a good example people like that who can't keep all that hate bottled up, they have to tell somebody somewhere. LOL

good riddance.
Who cares? Is "hate" illegal now?

We are pansies.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
This was a PERSONAL e-mail. What's next we are checking everybody's personal e-mails a decade ago or put mics in houses and go over all their texts. This is PC on steroids. A lot of worse things players and coaches say to each other on the field.
Yep. That's what the cancel brigade does. They are relentless busy bodies. ESPECIALLY for rich, white, males.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:15 PM

13,463 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sent to a friend's employer email address. Oops.

Are those players in positions of power and authority over the people they denigrate? Do their words potentially impact the organizations ability to hire/recruit quality personnel?

Are they easily replaced?
ahh, the employer had this for years and all of the sudden it went public.

He didn't attack a whole race or group or anybody powerless. He made a PERSONAL opinion about the NFL Union Head Demaurice Smith, a person of power. He went after Roger Goodell another person of power and how he handled the protests and anthem. How do you translate that to all the players in the league or coaching a football game it's beyond me when worse things are said in the field in every game.

I didn't know Gruden had any power or authority over the Head of the Union or the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell? That's like calling Obama dumb and a bread stick in a bow tie in an e-mail 10 years ago when I wasn't working in the government and calling me a racist when I have no power or no authority over him.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
ahh, the employer had this for years and all of the sudden it went public.

He didn't attack a whole race or group or anybody powerless. He made a PERSONAL opinion about the NFL Union Head Demaurice Smith, a person of power. He went after Roger Goodell another person of power and how he handled the protests and anthem. How do you translate that to all the players in the league or coaching a football game it's beyond me when worse things are said in the field in every game.

I didn't know Gruden had any power or authority over the Head of the Union or the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell? That's like calling Obama dumb and a bread stick in a bow tie in an e-mail 10 years ago when I wasn't working in the government and calling me a racist when I have no power or no authority over him.
The left wants to live in a world like we are little children playing in the sandbox. We are all going to feel the way we feel, they just don't want us to say it, otherwise we'll get fired.

Words are now a reason to fire anybody and everybody, and there is no statute of limitations.

They are going after Clint Eastwood now for some perceived "racism" from 1973.

It'll never end unless normal people end it.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:28 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
The Raiders had every right to fire him. He made the whole NFL look bad and, as noted in this thread, offended just about every group.

One of y'all refer to your boss as a f*****t and let me know how long you have your job.

SMH

Old 10-12-2021, 02:38 PM

He went after 2 people of power in a personal e-mail 10 years ago. If you want to fire him because he insulted the King of the NFL (Goodell) or the Bishop of the NFL (Head of the Union) then say it. Make some rule that you can't speak ill of the powers of the NFL or crack jokes even 10 years before you work there but stop with the B.S. that Gruden insulted all the players and the black race for calling Smith (a person of power and rich) Dumboriss and that he has lips the size of michellin tires in an email 10 years ago before he was in the NFL.

You had Randy Moss at ESPN crying of all people with the b.s. I guess you can insult Trump for 4 years or any white person but calling 1 person dumb and that his lips look like a tire is an insult to all the black race and a national crisis when We know worse things are said in the field every game.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:39 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
woke needs a cure

Old 10-12-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The Raiders had every right to fire him. He made the whole NFL look bad and, as noted in this thread, offended just about every group.

One of y'all refer to your boss as a f*****t and let me know how long you have your job.

SMH
What group did he offended? the big and powerful big lips of the head of the unions? The Goodell's big and powerful group? So if you wrote in an email 10 years ago that Wal-mart sucks and the Ceo is dumb and fat, you could never work there ever because you made the Wal-Mart brand look bad. Thanks for the selective outrage and laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies