Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 03:02 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Gruden’s transgressions were over a long period of time.

I know you agree with him on race, sexuality, and his general attitude but a pattern of behavior like this is indefensible to us normal folks.
It’s called freedom of speech.

It is defensible because he’s human and humans think aloud with non politically correct statements all the time.

The only mistake he made was going back into a high profile job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 03:09 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Hahaha come on Natalie NFL has a lot of fat guys, especially on the Offensive line. If you want to see men in shape watch Australian Rules Football. Those men are in shape.
No kidding, they will get your blood racing, just don't look at their teeth.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:52 AM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
You might wants to familiarize yourself with the morals clause in the NFL. It's been around for quite some time (hardly a recent event).
Dude, nobody cares! Only a handful of ninny-fied woke wack jobs. The average American doesn’t give a rip. I know that’s hard for you to accept but it’s reality. Probably 95% of the players on the team he coached would call Roger the same name. It’s different then calling someone who is actually gay, “faggot” I’m
Not agreeing with what he said, I’m just realistic about it. People say things, people call people names, people get mad and say things they don’t mean. We all do it. And yes even the woke do it. Get them upset enough and they’ll go on a tirade you can only dream of.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:01 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
You might wants to familiarize yourself with the morals clause in the NFL. It's been around for quite some time (hardly a recent event).
The moral clause that allows players who abuse their partner and children to stay in the league (Tyreek Hill). Or the one who allows drug abusers 20 chances (Josh Gordon)? Or the one who rarely hires black coaches and has zero black owners while pretending to be woke with a divisive black national anthem?

Oh yes, what a moral organization.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:13 AM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Was the guy good at his job - from every article I've read he was as good if not better than other offensive coaches. Is he bigoted - could be or he's rough around the edges like many people in this country. I don't condone the language used but have I said things when upset or mad that I regret - yep.

The libs here seem to make concessions for their own - like Biden with the you aren't black if you don't vote for me - but burn a obviously good at his job person at the stake. The hypocrisy can't be ignored.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:14 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The moral clause that allows players who abuse their partner and children to stay in the league (Tyreek Hill). Or the one who allows drug abusers 20 chances (Josh Gordon)? Or the one who rarely hires black coaches and has zero black owners while pretending to be woke with a divisive black national anthem?

Oh yes, what a moral organization.
Ownership is pretty much dictated by who's got the money to buy a franchise, so that's pretty much a non-point. There have certainly been players who have been suspended or are no longer in the league for partner or children abuse (the most notable being Ray Rice). And there have also been black coaches (surprised you would use that instead of other minorities that have no representation).

And that rule is finally showing it has some teeth, so good for the NFL. It's about time

Old 10-12-2021, 04:16 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Dude, nobody cares! Only a handful of ninny-fied woke wack jobs. The average American doesn’t give a rip. I know that’s hard for you to accept but it’s reality. Probably 95% of the players on the team he coached would call Roger the same name. It’s different then calling someone who is actually gay, “faggot” I’m
Not agreeing with what he said, I’m just realistic about it. People say things, people call people names, people get mad and say things they don’t mean. We all do it. And yes even the woke do it. Get them upset enough and they’ll go on a tirade you can only dream of.
Right....nobody cares

Gruden is gone because people do indeed care and as stated, this would clearly hit the Raiders bottom line if they looked the other way. In the end, it is all about the money and the Raiders were smart enough to realize that (unlike you).

Old 10-12-2021, 05:12 AM

47 posts, read 20,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
How is it you hate black people so much ?
They make it so easy to ...

Old 10-12-2021, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They were taught it.
No, it comes from experiences. White Experiences Matter.

Old 10-12-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Right....nobody cares

Gruden is gone because people do indeed care and as stated, this would clearly hit the Raiders bottom line if they looked the other way. In the end, it is all about the money and the Raiders were smart enough to realize that (unlike you).
HAHA! Yeah, Raider Nation cares about naughty language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies