Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2021, 06:51 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't care if he got the vaccine or not. I respect him as a great player and a very smart guy. But he was intentionally misleading. You can't spin that.
He was intentionally misleading to the media not his teammates or the NFL

The media is so worthless when he said he was immunized they didn't even ask him to clarify

But they'll happily asks worthless questions such as "how did it feel to throw that game winning touchdown"?

Or my favorite when someone does well they'll ask the coach if he had confidence in them.

Rodgers gave them a layup followup and they were too dumb to take it.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:52 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Once again the Packers can't force Rogers to vaccinate so how are they complicit. He is lucky he is only missing one game, could have been two, this could happen in the playoffs and he could miss two games depending on timing because of the unvaccinated protocol.

I never said he would be suspended but he will miss 10 days each time he tests positive.
Actually he doesnt have to be tested for 90 days at all once he's cleared to return

Old 11-09-2021, 06:54 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I think the strong backlash against Rodgers is based more on the fact that he misled people about his vaccination status than his status itself.
I agree, if you don't want the vaccination, that is your choice, but don't be a weasel & lie about it. Take the consequenses.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:55 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Amazing that people always have to explain the simplest concepts to you. According to the NFL, an unvaccinated player going to a press conference without a mask is wrongdoing. The Packers organization allowed that.

The obtuse act got old a long time ago (as did your conjecture). I don't care if you think he's lucky. The bottom line is this whole thing is a nothing burger, but I understand the witch hunters are going to get their panties in a wad over it. A couple of negative tests and he's back on the field and the fine means nothing. It's between him and his teammates, coaches, and organization (and only a naive person would believe they weren't aware of this whole thing). Other than that, a bunch of irrational hypocrites screaming on a forum that he's such a bad boy don't mean squat.

No one got canceled....much to your dismay.

Good night, Goodnight.
Hello! I was speaking to the vaccine not the mask issue, he could be fined for the mask issues as could be the club, the larger issue is his lies and his refusal to vaccinate which is up to him not the club.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Actually he doesnt have to be tested for 90 days at all once he's cleared to return
Good point but the NFL rules do indicate unvaccinated that test positive will need to quarantine for 10 days, what are the rules for testing positive. I don't see the rules for those that tested positive.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
I listened to his interview on the Pat McAfee show. He explained a lot of things. The Covid protocols the NFL are using are not based on science. For one, when players are Covid tested in the morning, the unvaccinated have to sit by themselves or go to their car to wait for results. The vaccinated can go right in to breakfast and sit with others. So if the vaccinated group (who can spread Covid too) end up testing positive they just exposed numerous people. I agree it makes no sense.

Rodgers also pointed out that since he feels fine now he would be allowed to play if vaccinated. Different rules for the unvaccinated; they have to quarantine and sit out a game. Seems more like punishment.

I can't blame him for not wanting to come out as "unvaccinated". Due to the stigma and persecution it really is best to stay in the closet, so to speak.

Bottom line is it's his body. Athletes are some of the healthiest people on the planet. He makes millions of dollars off of his body. I would be careful what I put in it too.

Someone on CD posted a video compilation of all of the athletes who have died or had careers ruined after the vaccine. Pretty sobering stuff.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:11 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I listened to his interview on the Pat McAfee show. He explained a lot of things. The Covid protocols the NFL are using are not based on science. For one, when players are Covid tested in the morning, the unvaccinated have to sit by themselves or go to their car to wait for results. The vaccinated can go right in to breakfast and sit with others. So if the vaccinated group (who can spread Covid too) end up testing positive they just exposed numerous people. I agree it makes no sense.

Rodgers also pointed out that since he feels fine now he would be allowed to play if vaccinated. Different rules for the unvaccinated; they have to quarantine and sit out a game. Seems more like punishment.

I can't blame him for not wanting to come out as "unvaccinated". Due to the stigma and persecution it really is best to stay in the closet, so to speak.

Bottom line is it's his body. Athletes are some of the healthiest people on the planet. He makes millions of dollars off of his body. I would be careful what I put in it too.

Someone on CD posted a video compilation of all of the athletes who have died or had careers ruined after the vaccine. Pretty sobering stuff.
Of course the NFL rules are stupid (and actually support irresponsible behavior). And they use the same logic as a lot of these vaccines zealots. Bottom line is, as it's been for quite some time, anyone that is vaccinated can still pass on this virus. And the fact that they allow fans into the stadium to scream and cheer without masks simply shows what hypocrites many of these people are. One rule for them and one rule for others. But you're talking to a bunch of stone walls to try and explain that rationally to many of these people.

Last edited by dicipher; 11-09-2021 at 07:25 AM..

Old 11-09-2021, 07:14 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hello! I was speaking to the vaccine not the mask issue, he could be fined for the mask issues as could be the club, the larger issue is his lies and his refusal to vaccinate which is up to him not the club.
You asked a question, and I answered it.

Not a large issue at all except to vaccine zealots like you (and Rogers nor the Packers organization really care all that much about people like you on an internet forum... their fans will still support them). In fact, It's a very minor fine. People are going to catch covid, vaccinated or not.

If anything, this reconfirmed how important Rodgers is to the success of the Packers. It's actually made him even more important, much to your chagrin.

Last edited by dicipher; 11-09-2021 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-09-2021, 07:30 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Of course the NFL rules are stupid. And they use the same logic as a lot of these vaccines zealots. Bottom line is, as it's been for quite some time, anyone that is vaccinated can still pass on this virus. And the fact that they allow fans into the stadium to scream and cheer without masks simply shows what hypocrites many of these people are. One rule for them and one rule for others. But you're talking to a bunch of stone walls to try and explain that rationally to many of these people.
Good point about the hypocrisy of unmasked fans in the stadium. I even heard that many sports venues with vaccine mandates or testing requirements for attendees are relaxing those now. They can't fill the stadiums. $$$ ya know.

I can't blame him for being evasive. He should have just said to the media, "It's none of your business". Though that would have started a firestorm of it's own with everyone assuming he is not vaccinated. You can't win.

The actor Emilio Estevez is finding that out now. He refuses to talk about his vaccine status and it's suddenly "news". He had Covid last year (long Covid too) and recently left production of Disney's season two of "The Mighty Ducks". He has not said this, but there are headlines already that it must be because he won't follow the vaccine mandate on set.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Good point about the hypocrisy of unmasked fans in the stadium. I even heard that many sports venues with vaccine mandates or testing requirements for attendees are relaxing those now. They can't fill the stadiums. $$$ ya know.

I can't blame him for being evasive. He should have just said to the media, "It's none of your business". Though that would have started a firestorm of it's own with everyone assuming he is not vaccinated. You can't win.

The actor Emilio Estevez is finding that out now. He refuses to talk about his vaccine status and it's suddenly "news". He had Covid last year (long Covid too) and recently left production of Disney's season two of "The Mighty Ducks". He has not said this, but there are headlines already that it must be because he won't follow the vaccine mandate on set.
If he said it’s none of their business rather than lying about some vague immunization it would have been another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies