Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 10:08 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think this is another fake-news headline. I thought he was being held accountable for not following the protocol, not for his beliefs or stance.

Well, he took advice from his buddy Joe Rogan on this. I knew this wouldnt end well.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:17 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't know if anyone's paying attention but just do a Google search for "Aaron Rodgers vaccine" and see how he's losing sponsors, supposedly putting his team at risk, all for wanting to use Vitamin D, Zinc, HCQ, etc. instead of taking the vaccine.

They go nuts when someone famous goes against the narrative (especially if they are white) It's really telling watching these media pundits react to this...it shows you what we are up against. Some of them are acting like religious fanatics. Shaming and cancelling people into submission is what they are doing.

I'm more curious than anything to see how the battle plays out and who ultimately wins. I enjoy watching human nature play out in real time as far as submitting to authority goes, herd mentality, cancel culture, and whether the people resist or accept the reality they are presented. Game on! . Needless to say I won't be watching them play today in his absence. Gonna enjoy this warm day outdoors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j63P...ture=emb_title
Sooner rather than later, the Dems will be mandating Booster Shots. If you don't want to take booster shots, they will treat you as if you have not been vaccinated, i.e. punished, fired from your job, vilified and ostracized.

The pro-Democrat news media and leftist social media, along with the sheeple who vote Democrat, just blindly believe whatever Biden and his goons tell them. They will gleefully jump on the band wagon to cancel and punish anyone who's not injecting into their bodies, whatever Biden demands they inject.

We know this COVID virus will not simply go away, it will be with us forever, like the common flu. So get ready for the feds to be able to mandate you to inject booster after booster... forever. Ain't Democrat tyranny great?

Old 11-08-2021, 12:20 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Totally agree. He made a public statement that he was "immunized." Not that he had immunity. Immunized. I guarantee you that in today's world, 99.9% of people take that to mean vaccination, especially when COVID vaccination is such a hot topic and he was specifically addressing that very subject.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...FU2I42I4TIE2A/

He also used an unproven homeopathic treatment to obtain "immunity." Hey Aaron, why didn't you share that with the rest of us? Maybe we could have tried it and checked our antibodies after the treatment to see if it actually works.

He's full of it and misleading at best, and outright lying at worst. C'mon brave man, just tell everyone you aren't doing it instead of trying to put on a show.
How very, very funny. YOU want Rogers to do what? Share with you? lol This is insanely funny. Are you totally unable to seek alternatives to any issue or do you just blindly follow directives? Don't bother to answer, you've already revealed the answer.

Don't blame Rogers for not dumbing it down enough for you and as you claim "99.9% of people". You speak of "today's world", well then you should know in "today's world" you shouldn't take a damn thing for granted. As to your saying "Maybe we could have tried it and checked our antibodies after the treatment to see if it actually works", you're trying to be cute and it just falls flat. Everyone knows people such as yourself obeys your government without question and denigrates anyone with the ability to think dependently.

As to your c'mon brave man just tell everyone you weren't doing it, why should he? Is it everyone's business? Is it your business? I believe the ones involved knew, so what's it to you? I'm going to say c'mon toxic woman I don't know about 99.9 or even 1%, only myself and I am so sick to death of everyone being so frigging judgmental towards anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with them on everything.

Besides, big damn deal, you vaccinated people are getting Covid and giving it to others but not a peep out of you about that. Talk about self righteous hypocrites.

I was so disappointed with several individuals yesterday on their remarks concerning Rogers. But I realize the government knows what it is doing and it's been battering us non-stoop with COVID, COVID, COVID since it was turned loose on us and they know over a period of time they will eventually beat most people down with accepting every theory and every intrusion into our lives without question opening many doors for them to expand their will over us. They're taking the approach of water wearing down a rock and it's working. Takes strong minded people to resist brain washing and it's sad but true we're running short on those.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:21 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You're usually pretty sharp, so I'll help you out - "shut up and dribble" didn't have anything to do with Kaep.

Sorry, I skipped ahead because it was the same crowd and the phrase broadly means to just play and not share your political views.

So, I shouldn't have mentioned Kap because Lebron was the main target of that and I screwed up.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:14 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is following protocol that is why he is out for 10 days for testing positive. His views on immunization are a side attraction.
it isn't the Protocol after testing positive that is the issue. It is that players who are not vaccinated have stricter protocols that they need to follow (such as wearing masks, social distancing in team meetings, events etc) which he apparently hasn't followed.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:30 PM

6,119 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrisewesteast View Post
It's not fair. People shouldn't be allowed to suddenly not like him because they don't like his opinions about vaccines.
If someone is getting nine digit $ contracts, and millions more for endorsements, if they do or say something that the sponsors don't like, the sponsor has the right to stop paying those huge checks. Sponsorships are solely for the purpose of a company promoting their brand image with a public figure. They aren't paying him millions of dollars out of charity or because they like the way he looks. He has the right not to agree to what the sponsors want, but they have the right to tell him good riddance and no more money.

No tears lost here, especially when so many people who work full-time can barely pay to keep a roof over their heads (and some can't even do that).

Last edited by Jowel; 11-08-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 11-08-2021, 04:49 PM

3,735 posts, read 2,563,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
CNN is a media company that's only goal is to line the pockets of it's shareholders. What sells slots at a premium is the political bs..
Follow the money.
Of course they are trying to make a profit. But if their agenda was strictly financial enrichment.. they'd probably be duplicating Fox's slant. Fox News has more viewers, hence more desirable/lucrative advertising opportunities.
I don't underestimate the political zeal of CNN employees. There is nothing unusual about being a partisan journalist. But it's wise to recognize they are as much Leftist political activists, as they are business people. My opinion, it's naive (& inaccurate) to reduce their motivation to simply money..

Old 11-08-2021, 04:50 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is following protocol that is why he is out for 10 days for testing positive. His views on immunization are a side attraction.

Actually if he was vaccinated he would be back to work after two negative tests 24 hours apart. The only reason its 10 days is because is not vaccinated.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:53 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
My god. You guys throw around the world canceled so much it has no meaning. A hospital doesn’t want an anti-vaxxer as a spokesman? In a pandemic? Effing shocking!

He will still have a job. He’ll be fine. But he also made some insane comparisons and words have consequences.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:55 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Actually if he was vaccinated he would be back to work after two negative tests 24 hours apart. The only reason its 10 days is because is not vaccinated.
A rule that has no basis in science or public health - purely to punish the unvaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies