Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 02:09 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Exactly right. They only exist to make themselves rich. None of these media companies gives a damn about you.
Especially Fox News

Old 11-07-2021, 02:20 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
He tried to play games and misrepresented the truth. He was exposed and then tried to manipulated the truth again.
Totally agree. He made a public statement that he was "immunized." Not that he had immunity. Immunized. I guarantee you that in today's world, 99.9% of people take that to mean vaccination, especially when COVID vaccination is such a hot topic and he was specifically addressing that very subject.

Quote:
He also said that the NFL knew of his vaccination status, CNN reported and that he had asked the NFL to consider a homeopathic treatment as an alternative to the vaccines, ESPN reported.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...FU2I42I4TIE2A/

He also used an unproven homeopathic treatment to obtain "immunity." Hey Aaron, why didn't you share that with the rest of us? Maybe we could have tried it and checked our antibodies after the treatment to see if it actually works.

He's full of it and misleading at best, and outright lying at worst. C'mon brave man, just tell everyone you aren't doing it instead of trying to put on a show.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:29 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
^ ^ ^ ^
You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink. This forum just cracks me up with the amount of people that ignore information presented to them and just continue on with their false narratives.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:42 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I think the strong backlash against Rodgers is based more on the fact that he misled people about his vaccination status than his status itself.
That is true, if he just came out and stated he wasn't vaccinated but he had immunity they could have had the debated the issue and came to a conclusion, why was it so difficult for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why is it good to cancel him?
So tired of people using the word cancel, he knew the protocol and new the rules, he could have made his case instead of being so intentionally evasive. But if you like the word then yes he cancelled himself.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:44 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Totally agree. He made a public statement that he was "immunized." Not that he had immunity. Immunized. I guarantee you that in today's world, 99.9% of people take that to mean vaccination, especially when COVID vaccination is such a hot topic and he was specifically addressing that very subject.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...FU2I42I4TIE2A/

He also used an unproven homeopathic treatment to obtain "immunity." Hey Aaron, why didn't you share that with the rest of us? Maybe we could have tried it and checked our antibodies after the treatment to see if it actually works.

He's full of it and misleading at best, and outright lying at worst. C'mon brave man, just tell everyone you aren't doing it instead of trying to put on a show.
Exactly.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:45 PM

Another poster that's refusing to read the information that was presented to the NFL. Like talking to walls

Old 11-07-2021, 02:49 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You're usually pretty sharp, so I'll help you out - "shut up and dribble" didn't have anything to do with Kaep.

The big difference is activism.

Aaron Rodgers wasn’t looking to promote Pfizer/Moderna are evil, don’t get a vaccine, IVM is effective. He just did what he thought was right. Even lied to fly under the radar but eventually caught COVID and was exposed.

I’m not a fan of the “shut up and dribble” crowd. Athletes have a right to an opinion just like everyone else. It’s other people’s fault for giving this opinion more importance than it deserves. But, this is clearly the difference.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:49 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I love how people like this that have no details on what went on behind the scene, act like judge, jury, and executioner. No he did not lie. The information has been out there since the start of the season and the NFL and the Packers were fully aware of Rogers situation.

The question was actually whether the Packers followed the NFL protocols for unvaccinated players when dealing with Rogers.

Maybe you should get all the facts instead of always assuming you're right about everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and as first reported by NFL Network.

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league, the players union and an infectious disease consultant approved by both parties heard Rodgers' case for an exemption and ruled that he would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

And you have not posted the policy as issued by the NFL. Did the policy list the "treatment" he received? He knew he was not in compliance and tried to game the system.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:54 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I love how people like this that have no details on what went on behind the scene, act like judge, jury, and executioner. No he did not lie. The information has been out there since the start of the season and the NFL and the Packers were fully aware of Rogers situation.

The question was actually whether the Packers followed the NFL protocols for unvaccinated players when dealing with Rogers.

Maybe you should get all the facts instead of always assuming you're right about everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and as first reported by NFL Network.

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league, the players union and an infectious disease consultant approved by both parties heard Rodgers' case for an exemption and ruled that he would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

Quote:
When is a player considered fully vaccinated?

The NFL considers a player fully vaccinated if they fall into one of the two following categories. They either are 14 days removed from their final dose of Pfizer, Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or they previously contracted COVID and are 14 days removed from a single dose of any vaccine.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...11vig3gtdctcdz

He was not in compliance with a clear policy and he misrepresented the truth and tried to get special treatment. He hurt his team by being required to sit out.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
And you have not posted the policy as issued by the NFL. Did the policy list the "treatment" he received? He knew he was not in compliance and tried to game the system.
Seriously dude!

Can you never admit you're simply wrong?! You go off half cocked on things you know nothing about and then you continue to double down on your nonsense. He was not in compliance with the guidelines, petitioned what he did, and after being considered, the request was denied. And yet, you still can't understand this. It was all upfront prior to the season starting and Rogers and The Packers organization knew he was considered unvaccinated based on the NFL ruling.

He was asked by the media PRIOR to his petitioning.

Just once, can you and the rest of the posters here actually read some facts before pre-judging people based in your biases?

I'm already throwing my hands in the air reading your next ridiculous comment with the obtuse act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies