Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 08:48 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
There are rumors circulating that some actors may leave or be "let go".

"Grahn’s co-star Ingo Rademacher (Jasper “Jax” Jacks) has been vocal on social media in recent months about his being against a vaccine mandate which led to a writeup on Deadline (“Covid Controversy Checks In To ABC’s ‘General Hospital’ When Cast Clash Over Vax Mandate”), an entertainment trade whose reporting later got the attention of several industry heavyweights, particularly “Law & Order: SVU” showrunner Warren Light, who said on August 28 in response to the Deadline article, “No actors or crew should have to work with unmasked, unvaccinated actors. Period.”

"A few days after posting, Light responded to a tweet by a Twitter user who uses the hashtag #MAGA on their Twitter profile, and said of Rademacher, “He has a right not to get vaccinated. Our cast and crew have a right not to work alongside people more likely to get and transmit Covid.”

"SAG-AFTRA, the union representing actors, along with the DGA (Directors Guild of America), IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts), Teamsters and Basic Crafts unions are currently working under a Return to Work (RTW) agreement first initiated jointly with AMPTP (Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers) in September 2020."

"Initially set to expire on September 30, 2021, the agreement was later extended and remains in place through at least November 30, 2021. On the stance of mandatory vaccinations, it’s stated under the protocols that “Producers may in their discretion implement policies requiring that current and prospective employees in Zone A, studio teachers and others who come into close contact with minors be ‘fully vaccinated’ as a condition of employment where permitted by law. The Teamsters will make best efforts to ensure that fully vaccinated drivers are available for vehicles that convey cast.” Zone A is an area in which individuals come into close proximity with those working on sets where wearing a face mask is not expected while filming."

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/202...ancy-lee-grahn

Wow what a mess! interesting to see how it all turns out. Sounds like the real Soap Opera is behind the scenes lol

Old 11-07-2021, 08:49 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Funny thing is here in Chicago where bear fans always HATED Rodgers for killing the bears twice each year are now praising him like a hero!

As a fan since Walter Payton's rookie year, I can assure you it is ownership killing the Bears; my mother was one George Halas' bankers.

Never cared for AR, but; he has the right to choose medical procedures.

As does everyone, I'm not getting a booster.

Old 11-07-2021, 08:56 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
I also think it is interesting that his fiance Shailene Woodley is so liberal and is (unsurprisingly) totally supporting him. She has her own following with the "woke" crowd. This will add some fuel to the culture wars.

She is not just a liberal actress but an activist. For one, she got arrested protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:19 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't know if anyone's paying attention but just do a Google search for "Aaron Rodgers vaccine" and see how he's losing sponsors, supposedly putting his team at risk, all for wanting to use Vitamin D, Zinc, HCQ, etc. instead of taking the vaccine.

They go nuts when someone famous goes against the narrative (especially if they are white) It's really telling watching these media pundits react to this...it shows you what we are up against. Some of them are acting like religious fanatics. Shaming and cancelling people into submission is what they are doing.

I'm more curious than anything to see how the battle plays out and who ultimately wins. I enjoy watching human nature play out in real time as far as submitting to authority goes, herd mentality, cancel culture, and whether the people resist or accept the reality they are presented. Game on! . Needless to say I won't be watching them play today in his absence. Gonna enjoy this warm day outdoors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j63P...ture=emb_title

Yes, well demonstrating stupidity does have its consequences.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:21 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Who?

Old 11-07-2021, 09:22 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
If I were a healthcare related company, I would certainly not want a spokesperson that gets his medical advice from the likes of Joe Rogan.

Aaron's Rogers situation is entirely from his own bad decision making. It is he that bears the responsiblity for getting Covid and losing sponsors. He should shut the hell up and stop blaming others.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:23 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
My only issue with him is his deceitfulness over his status in the first place. If you don't want to do it, own it. Don't lie. Then you lie, get caught, and try to act like you're some victim of wokeness. No, you're just a person lacking integrity and courage to stand by your beliefs.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:45 AM

4,392 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why is it good to cancel him?
Because he lied… after he made a spectacle of himself in the offseason.

Ice Cube turned down a role worth millions rather than get vaccinated. Nobody really cares, because he didn’t deceive anyone, he just made a personal decision he felt was best fir him. Rodgers deceived, and broke COVID protocols as well. The guy is a millionaire.. he’ll be fine. But he deserves whatever backlash he gets.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:47 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
"""his team""" is owned by the city of Green Bay. He may have involved them in some activity which might be illegal for the Citty
You mean those shareholders that have no voting rights and can't transfer their shares? Chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My only issue with him is his deceitfulness over his status in the first place. If you don't want to do it, own it. Don't lie. Then you lie, get caught, and try to act like you're some victim of wokeness. No, you're just a person lacking integrity and courage to stand by your beliefs.

I can't really argue with that. He should have been candid about it from the start. It was well known among the other players and the locker room though.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:04 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Where's the "shut up and dribble" crowd to tell Rodgers to pipe-down and just play ball?
Trying to compare this to Kapernick is just oddly illogical.

Now if Rodgers had started a player revolt including on-field protests against vaccination and done all sorts of interviews and so forth saying vaccinations are bad blah blah blah THEN you'd have a valid comparison.

P.S. Rodgers was trying to quietly slide by without getting vaxxed, but got caught. How the heck does that....nevermind, there is no rationale for trying to drag Kap into this beyond partisan wierdness that is inexplicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies