Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 03:47 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
WTF, did he ever, ever mention the fact that he would have to sit out because of his anti-Vax stance. I am willing to bet that many teammates and coaches inside GB are mad as hell but it's a "no comment". SO your defense is "he never said he wouldn't have to sit", really? He knew the ground rules, but he gets a pass because of his anti-vax stance. Another professional role model.

He did not follow protocol at the Halloween Party, probably not the only one try to keep up.

Do you ever read what you write before you post it? At this point, I don't know who's nonsense is worse, you or enough already.

Why does Rodgers or any player have to say they would have to sit out because they were not vaccinated. Is that some rule you just made up that unvaccinated players have to make some verbal declaration. Seriously....WTF!

To my knowledge, Rodgers sat out of the game yesterday (no protest that I can see on his part....hence, he accepted the penalty...no pass no matter how many times you want to repeat your lie). I don't care about your conjecture on what you think about his teammates and coaches and if they were mad (that's between them and Rodgers).

And if you want to point fingers, maybe you should point one at the NFL since they knew Rodgers status back in August and they sure as hell saw him at press conferences....but alas, the hypocrisy abounds. Been to an NFL game lately? Why don't you point some fingers at those maskless vaccinated fans who aren't following the science you preach (yeah I know, they were only following the guidelines to get in the stadium...that doesn't mean they're still not a bunch of hypocrites if they're getting their panties in a wad over this).

You sure like to insinuate a lot of stuff with nothing whatsoever to prove it. Just another poster frothing at the mouth pulling stuff out of thin air because you're so caught in your witch hunt.

Last edited by dicipher; 11-08-2021 at 03:59 AM..

Old 11-08-2021, 03:49 AM

6,125 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Aaron Rodgers is right about Covid, and he was right to be angry at the Packers when they wasted a high draft pick on Jordan Love.

Basically, they want to cancel him because he doesn’t think like they want him to.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:53 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The Packers so he didn’t look like an even bigger idiot than he does by lying and costing them a loss, as nobody thinks Love is as good/better.
Oh God forbid they lose a football game. How will you ever go on with life?

Freedom of choice is far more important than a kid's game.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:03 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
Although I flushed the NFL last season, I am now a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers the human being.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:03 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Oh God forbid they lose a football game. How will you ever go on with life?

Freedom of choice is far more important than a kid's game.
But don't forget Love is as good, if not better according to him.

Yeah, Love was lights out yesterday...190 yards passing with a passer rating of 69. 7 points scored.

This forum clearly doesn't have very knowledgeable football fans.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:25 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Has Aaron Rodgers been treated the same way as Colin Kaepernick?

Did the Packers bench him for the season? Has he lost his contract?

If not then he doesn’t appear to be cancelled.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The big difference is activism.

Aaron Rodgers wasn’t looking to promote Pfizer/Moderna are evil, don’t get a vaccine, IVM is effective. He just did what he thought was right. Even lied to fly under the radar but eventually caught COVID and was exposed.

I’m not a fan of the “shut up and dribble” crowd. Athletes have a right to an opinion just like everyone else. It’s other people’s fault for giving this opinion more importance than it deserves. But, this is clearly the difference.

Well, Ingraham was criticizing LeBron for political comments he made in an interview. Rodgers' political comments were also part of an interview. So, not terribly different, IMO.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:54 AM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

I'm more curious than anything to see how the battle plays out and who ultimately wins. I enjoy watching human nature play out in real time as far as submitting to authority goes, herd mentality, cancel culture, and whether the people resist or accept the reality they are presented. Game on!
Battle??? Rogers simply lied to his fans and crossed his fingers that he would not catch covid and have his lie found out. Rogers could have said I am not talking about my vaccine status or said no I am not getting it. But he chose to make people think he got the vaccine. That is a coward.

Used to be honesty was a virtue for conservatives. Not lying and misleading. At least Kyrie Irving no matter what you think of him stood up and said he was not getting the vaccine. Rogers was afraid to stand up and say anything.

And what is this about players resisting authority? Kaepernick did that as did the players who took a knee. I did not agree with any of that but they had just as much a right as Rogers does to not get the vaccine. But when they took a knee, Trump voters lost their minds. They said they had no right to resist authority.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 11-08-2021 at 05:06 AM..

Old 11-08-2021, 05:02 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Has Aaron Rodgers been treated the same way as Colin Kaepernick?

Did the Packers bench him for the season? Has he lost his contract?

If not then he doesn’t appear to be cancelled.
Poor comparison. Kaepernick lost his focus on football and became a liability on the field, that’s why he was canceled. As much as I dislike Rodgers I have to admit he’s probably the best in the NFL and should be the MVP regardless of his vaccine stance.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:15 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, Ingraham was criticizing LeBron for political comments he made in an interview. Rodgers' political comments were also part of an interview. So, not terribly different, IMO.
I am waiting for Igraham to say "just shut up and throw", now Rodgers is a medical expert and that's why he
is sitting on the bench. They will likely end up in the playoffs, will he continue his stance and role the dice and possibly sit out 10 days.

Last edited by Goodnight; 11-08-2021 at 05:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies